Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering expenses from BOI?

Options
  • 31-07-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

My current account was recently scammed and money was taken from my account in Indonesia. It should be noted these transactions were not blocked despite it being during a period when my banking transactions showed I was clearly in Ireland at the time. In order to have the situation remedied, I had to make numerous calls to BOI at considerable cost to me. Can you provide details regarding how I go about having these costs refunded?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

MaggieNF wrote: »
    My current account was recently scammed and money was taken from my account in Indonesia. It should be noted these transactions were not blocked despite it being during a period when my banking transactions showed I was clearly in Ireland at the time. In order to have the situation remedied, I had to make numerous calls to BOI at considerable cost to me. Can you provide details regarding how I go about having these costs refunded?

Hi MaggieNF,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

Very sorry to hear you have had fraud on your account. I have given a link here that has all the contact details of our complaints section as any request to have call charges reviewed would have to be raised as an official complaint.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Hi MaggieNF,

Very sorry to hear you have had fraud on your account. I have given a link here that has all the contact details of our complaints section as any request to have call charges reviewed would have to be raised as an official complaint.

Darren.

Hi Darren,
    While dealing with trying to get it sorted I filed official complaints, two of them in fact if I'm not mistaken and nothing has happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

MaggieNF wrote: »
    Hi MaggieNF,

Darren.

Hi Darren,
    While dealing with trying to get it sorted I filed official complaints, two of them in fact if I'm not mistaken and nothing has happened

Hi MaggieNF,

Thanks for getting back to us. It can take up to five working days for a response from our complaints section. If you have filed either of these complaints more then five days ago please send us a private message to let us know.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi MaggieNF,

Thanks for getting back to us. It can take up to five working days for a response from our complaints section. If you have filed either of these complaints more then five days ago please send us a private message to let us know.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Darren, the complaints were filed mid June and no one has contacted me. It's been a lot longer than 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Not the banks fault you signed up to a poor phone plan 

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Not the banks fault you signed up to a poor phone plan 

Perhaps you should look more closely into your own phone plan...BOI have switched to 0818 numbers which most if not all phone companies don't include in their plans. Maybe do yourself a favour and do some additional research into the different 0818, 1850 numbers etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi MaggieNF,

Sorry to hear that you have not received an update on the complaints you raised. We would advise you to send a message through the Ask a Question option on the Service Desk when you are logged into 365 Online. An advisor will be able to then investigate this for you and advise you further.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement