Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu tack on walls

Options
  • 31-07-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey,

I just moved into a place last night. The landlord is away at the minute, so we set it up over the phone/skype/emails. I had viewed the place, thought it was fine, and took it. Dublin renting, I didn't want to mess around because I start a new job tomorrow. It's essentially a sublet but the last guy won't be back.

While unpacking today I noticed that there are a few blu tack marks on the walls, either from the last guy or the guy before him. I looked it up online and thought I'd just clean them off without any major problem. The landlady is on holiday but will be back in the next few days, and I didn't see any reason to make a big deal of it. Imagine my horror when I discovered that the walls are painted with water soluble paint. There's now a decently sized discoloured mark on the wall, as well as the blu tack marks all around it.

Any advice on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SteM

Paint the room if you're that worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Repaint the walls or cover with something

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Take photos now and send them to landlord or lead tennant. Save the email so you have proof that the condition of the walls are as they are when you moved in.

I say this as a landlord. Or indeed tell him you'll remove them all and throw a coat of neutron paint over. I'd be happy with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

could be just discoloured because of the water, let it dry first before you do anything.

Advertisement