Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a lawn

Options
  • 31-07-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody had any recent history with this.

Moved into my house in April and am going hoping to get lawns done. As a moving present my family have promised to pay for all the digger work needed to level off site. So I have sprayed the site with Roundup and in a couple of weeks my digger man will be coming into level off the site.

So basically I am wondering what it would cost to get a guy to take on the job from that point? Im by no means an expert so while I could make a decent fist of it I'd prefer to get a lad who knows what he's at. The lawn takes up roughly one third of an acre.

Thanks in advance for any expert out there who knows his stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Google or Golden Pages should be able to provide you with contact details for 2-3 landscapers/gardeners in your area who would quote for that with a simple brief over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just wondering if anybody had any recent history with this.

Moved into my house in April and am going hoping to get lawns done. As a moving present my family have promised to pay for all the digger work needed to level off site. So I have sprayed the site with Roundup and in a couple of weeks my digger man will be coming into level off the site.

So basically I am wondering what it would cost to get a guy to take on the job from that point? Im by no means an expert so while I could make a decent fist of it I'd prefer to get a lad who knows what he's at. The lawn takes up roughly one third of an acre.

Thanks in advance for any expert out there who knows his stuff.

Depends how the contractor leaves the soil - it could be a plot full of medium sized lumps at a level or a more tilled surface that requires little more than a good raking over and de-stoning and removal of weed residue before the seeding is done.

Advertisement