Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Slim and running everything from External drive.

Options
  • 31-07-2017 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hello ,I'm an old playstation fan and had all the consoles going back to the start.

I've had two playstation 3's that had the over heat issue and that annoyed me alot. It was only a very good deal on ps4 that made me go for it again.

So my issue now is that even the ps4 is getting hot ,especially with DOOM playing.

I stuck a 1tb external drive onto the slim and put everything onto it ,I don't really notice much extra time on loading.

The heat has gone down a lot ,mostly no heat at console at all. The fan occasionally comes on now ,but goes back off again during play.

Has anyone else any noticed this at all ,I'm thinking of sticking in a small SSD drive just to boot up the console .

Advertisement