Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't reply to thread

Options
  • 31-07-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to post a reply in the DCM novices thread in athletics and running - I can't post it keeps coming up with 'you can post with images/urls because you are a new user' My post is just text. Help!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you trying to quote a post as part of your reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

I did try first to quote, but when it didn't work I just copied my bit of the post and tried again to post it with no quote. Maybe it's that? It's a long post - I don't want to have to retype it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A link in a quoted post also triggers the anti-spam measure last I recall. Did it work without the quote?

No it didn't. Is it because I copied and pasted 'my' bit of the post to repost it? Actually I replied in the thread before and quoted a post and that worked fine. I guess I'll have to retype the post and hope for the best. Or when do I become not a new user!

Ok. I figured it out! I was including the character "@" (to denote pace) and it obviously saw it as a URL! Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

After 5 posts and 24 hours of having an account, you can post images and URLs. Hope that helps and welcome to Boards.

Cheers thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement