Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investors / Business Plan / What to look for?

Options
  • 31-07-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I run a small Irish website (from home by myself, it is totally unregistered as I wanted to see if it could work before I committed 100% to it). We sell products online. We have over 150,000 email database and about 30,000 social media followers. We can make anywhere between 100-1000 sales per month currently with about €100 financial investment in marketing.

The website is making decent money and has potential.

I have a meeting with a potential investor in the next couple of weeks but I'm just wondering what I should be looking for out of the meeting Financially and for the business. And I'm also aware that I should protect my email databse as well. I have a business plan but for the purposes of this meeting, should I be seeking for the potential investor to pay me like €25,000 for every 5% he wants in on or should I be looking at selling it outright because it's not yet registered. Ideally what I'd like to do is say sell him 40% of the business and setup a small office in his existing business (which is in a very similar industry) and have him invest financially so that we could hire 4 other staff.

I am totally clueless as I have never done this before and do not have a business degree. Should I just be looking for him to invest directly into the business for like 40% of the business and perhaps have myself instated as a Director of the business with a set salary?

How would things generally work in these situations?

Any help at all is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

There is an Entrepreneurial forum over here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106

However what happens all depends on what you want and what they want.
    They may want to invest and be a silent partner, they may want to buy you out fully or anywhere in between.

You should decide on what you want first and work from there. Draw your lines on what the business is worth to you vs your ideal valuation.

Advertisement