Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent route from clarinbridge?

Options
  • 31-07-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

I'll be staying for a week and I'm looking for best route for a 120-160k cycle ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

North Clare?

You could look to the tour de burden site for inspiration

http://www.tourdeburren.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Steroo wrote: »
    I'll be staying for a week and I'm looking for best route for a 120-160k cycle ? Thanks

Check out seven springs cycling club and their website for routes or galway bay cc your in middle ground from both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Boscoirl wrote: »
    North Clare?

You could look to the tour de burden site for inspiration

http://www.tourdeburren.com
    tour de burden.... like it, like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Follow the coast around to the cliffs of moher.

Sinlge best cycle I have ever had was cycling from Spiddal to Cliffs of Moher on my way to my brother's stag a few months ago. Blissful sunny weather, fantastic views, good company and a BBQ and pints at the finish.

I would love if that route was near where i lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Fian wrote: »
    Follow the coast around to the cliffs of moher.

Sinlge best cycle I have ever had was cycling from Spiddal to Cliffs of Moher on my way to my brother's stag a few months ago. Blissful sunny weather, fantastic views, good company and a BBQ and pints at the finish.

I would love if that route was near where i lived.

Sounds great - that's the one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

Banner 200 Audax route

you could start from Ballyvaughan, it goes through the Burren and then the coast and you pass/call in on Fr. Teds house !!
    and your not too far away in Clarinbridge

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23405623

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just go to the Cliffs of Moher, the other way into Galway city doesn't compare, Clarenbridge to Kinvara to the Cliffs of Moher is one of the nicest roads in Europe, you dont have to stop at the cliffs either, it gets better and better all along the Clare coast and you can cut through the Burren on your way back for 2 spectacular routes in one outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Thargor wrote: »
    Just go to the Cliffs of Moher, the other way into Galway city doesn't compare, Clarenbridge to Kinvara to the Cliffs of Moher is one of the nicest roads in Europe, you dont have to stop at the cliffs either, it gets better and better all along the Clare coast and you can cut through the Burren on your way back for 2 spectacular routes in one outing.

Super - can't wait. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You actually might be better off doing the Burren first and coming back along the coast seeing as you'll be on the left with cliffs sloping down to the sea the whole way...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Make sure you take in the little loop of ' the flaggy shore ' between kinvara and ballyvaughan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement