Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Extreme

Options
  • 31-07-2017 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    I had a sales person call to my house and take an order for Eir extreme in June.
    Seems the area is now finished, there have been installations in the area and more happening.
    I live 600m down a cul de sac, when I check the Eir website using Eircodes, my neighbour at the top of the cul de sac supports Eir extreme but I dont.
    Can you advise on this situation and what happens with spurs off the main line for people down a cul de sac? I can IM my Eircode.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

anfirrua wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had a sales person call to my house and take an order for Eir extreme in June.
    Seems the area is now finished, there have been installations in the area and more happening.
    I live 700m down a cul de sac, when I check the Eir website using Eircodes, my neighbour at the top of the cul de sac supports Eir extreme but I dont.
    Can you advise on this situation and what happens with spurs off the main line for people down a cul de sac? I can IM my Eircode.
    Thanks.
    Hi anfirrua,

Thanks for getting in touch. When the sales rep was at your home, did you place an order for this service? If so, can you PM me your account number and full name, please? Can you also send me your eircode in a PM please? 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 29 anfirrua

Thanks for the communications Adam, quick reply to clarify for anyone else reading this thread.
    I had also sent an email to Eircom customer services, a section of this reply is below.

To clarify my situation, I live approx 600m down a cul de sac, my neighbour at the top of the lane and all other houses along the primary(rural) road have Eir extreme however there is no support for the 3 houses down my cul de sac.

From communications with Eir, there will not be support until the National Broadband plan subsidies Eir to come a few hundred meters down the cul de sac. No date but a government commitment to complete by 2022.  

What I find interesting is the NBP will subsidies my installation in an area that already will have FTTH, I had expected the NBP would be used to subsidies rollout to new communities.

As your location is not included in open eir’s commercial fibre roll out plan it will be covered by the National Broadband plan network build.

Under this scheme the Government intends to intervene in non-commercial areas of the market to ensure through State subsidy that all premises in the country will receive high-speed broadband regardless of location. Open eir is participating in the NBP bid process and is one of three bidders shortlisted for the tender which is expected to be awarded in late 2017.

The Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment expect the NBP network roll-out to be completed by 2022.

Thanks for the communications Adam, quick reply to clarify for anyone else reading this thread.
    I had also sent an email to Eircom customer services, a section of this reply is below.

To clarify my situation, I live approx 600m down a cul de sac, my neighbour at the top of the lane and all other houses along the primary(rural) road have Eir extreme however there is no support for the 3 houses down my cul de sac.

From communications with Eir, there will not be support until the National Broadband plan subsidies Eir to come a few hundred meters down the cul de sac. No date but a government commitment to complete by 2022.  

What I find interesting is the NBP will subsidies my installation in an area that already will have FTTH, I had expected the NBP would be used to subsidies rollout to new communities.

As your location is not included in open eir’s commercial fibre roll out plan it will be covered by the National Broadband plan network build.

Under this scheme the Government intends to intervene in non-commercial areas of the market to ensure through State subsidy that all premises in the country will receive high-speed broadband regardless of location. Open eir is participating in the NBP bid process and is one of three bidders shortlisted for the tender which is expected to be awarded in late 2017.

The Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment expect the NBP network roll-out to be completed by 2022.
    No problem

Sorry I wasn't able to do more for you in relation to this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 29 anfirrua

Thanks Adam,

Is there any option or avenue for Eir to reconsider the cul de sac I live on as being commercially viable?

Thanks Adam,

Is there any option or avenue for Eir to reconsider the cul de sac I live on as being commercially viable?
    I'm afraid, at this time, there wouldn't be any way to do this.

If you get back on to us in a couple of months when our new fibre roll-out plan is available, we may be able to give you more information on this.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement