Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rivermede

Options
  • 01-08-2017 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

It seems a strange place to build a housing estate, no shop, no safe way for children to get to a shop, or other amenities.

Is it the kind of thing the Flood/Mahon tribunal looked into regarding the greasiness of Ray Burkes palm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I often thought that myself - very strange indeed, a housing estate in the middle of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

I started a thread asking about it before. Since then I discovered it was built to house people who were moved when the airport was built. It is a strange out of the way location all right. It's served by Dublin bus though, which is more than can be said about other places in rural Fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

True... More information in the LAP:

Rivermeade LAP

Fingal CC trying to fix the errors of the past with some sustainable planning for the area.

I especially like the Idea of Extending the Ward River Valley Park all the way to Rivermeade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've lived in Swords for 34 years and never knew that estate was there until now.

Advertisement