Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill, Sallins, Naas. County Kildare

• 01-08-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Posting for a friend.

Her and her husband both work in Dublin. They are looking to buy a house in Kill, Co. Kildare. However, they have heard from a few of their work colleagues that it is rough area, and this has them second guessing. Would anyone here have any insight into the safety around Kill, and possibly Sallins/Naas if Kill is an undesirable area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

None of them are rough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

L1011 wrote: »
    None of them are rough

I'd agree, i've family in them all. Nice pubs, restaurants, good schools etc.
    Not ideal for using public transport.
    Sallins has the train to Connolly now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Kill is definitely not rough.

Living there 10 years without any issues, have never witnessed any ASB or crime personally.

There are a lot of Dubs though, and they do tend to bring down the neighbourhood...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

None of them are even close to being rough, three lovely areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kill is lovely and so is Johnstown (right beside it). No idea about Sallins. Naas isn't nice, never been in it when I haven't seen travelers in Naas.

The Naas Johnstown Sallins and Kill is practically all the same area now with hardly any distances between them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Kill is lovely and so is Johnstown (right beside it). No idea about Sallins. Naas isn't nice, never been in it when I haven't seen travelers in Naas.

I've lived in naas for more than 20 years and I could count on one hand the amount of times I've seen travellers in the town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

I've lived in naas for more than 20 years and I could count on one hand the amount of times I've seen travellers in the town

Few stragglers on the ring roads by times but overall I can't think of a comparable sized town with less travellers... Even maynooth has a halting site and you'd hardly associate maynooth with travellers..

Definitely one of the more unusual accusations I've heard levelled at Naas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Kill is a wonderful spot to live and in particular to raise a family. Close to Dublin but still quite rural. It's a small village, though slowly getting bigger and a lot of it is still fairly close knit.
    I was raised there and still go regularly to see my family. My sister returned from the UK after having lived there for 10+ years to raise her kids there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

Posting for a friend.

Her and her husband both work in Dublin. They are looking to buy a house in Kill, Co. Kildare. However, they have heard from a few of their work colleagues that it is rough area, and this has them second guessing. Would anyone here have any insight into the safety around Kill, and possibly Sallins/Naas if Kill is an undesirable area?

Wondering if your friends pulled the trigger on this move and how it worked out? Lifestyle and commuting?

I'm currently looking at a similar move to Newtown Manor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Wondering if your friends pulled the trigger on this move and how it worked out? Lifestyle and commuting?

I'm currently looking at a similar move to Newtown Manor.

I guess it depends on where you commuting to and planning on commuting to in future.

Citywest and just inside the m50 is relatively doable by car. I wouldn't be driving any further tho tbh, or using the m50 if I could avoid it at all.

Busses to the city center are only ok imo. They're grand to get you out of a bind but I wouldn't be relying them as my day to day (some people do and that's all cool. Wouldn't suit me tho).

The train is your best bet for city center commutes imo.

As far as the area/lifestyle goes, I moved to naas a couple years ago. It's lovely, couldn't fault it and can see myself being here long term! Some really good restaurants. Good pubs. Great walks nearby etc.

Advertisement