Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non resident account

Options
  • 01-08-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have purchased a propery in Ireland and it seems direct debit is a must to pay utilities,so I need to open a bank account.

I work overseas in a country where there is no door to door mail delivery , so the physical address won't be on any utility bill, typically mail is delivered to a PoBox or at work , so it's like catch 22 for me, I can prove the address of my property , but not where I work, all bills will show my name, but not my address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

hamada wrote: »

I have purchased a propery in Ireland and it seems direct debit is a must to pay utilities,so I need to open a bank account.

I work overseas in a country where there is no door to door mail delivery , so the physical address won't be on any utility bill, typically mail is delivered to a PoBox or at work , so it's like catch 22 for me, I can prove the address of my property , but not where I work, all bills will show my name, but not my address.

Hi hamada,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

For security reasons we would need specific types of proofs of address for your current residence to open an account. I've given a link here that shows all the forms of ID and proofs of address that we would accept to open a current account. If you have any of these proofs of address available to you can apply for a current account here.

Thanks again for your message,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

If you have an  Euro account elsewhere in the EU then the thread at

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057540573

might be of interest to you

Advertisement