Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm laughing at the posts saying that Ali Express quality is terrible, delivery takes forever and they get caught by customs.

For the price on Ali you know it's not going to be top quality, delivery from China always takes forever (here's a long thread in Consumer Issues of people waiting for their stuff from China) and as for customs, you only have to pay Customs Duty if it's over €22 (price includes cost, transport, insurance and handling charges). I've never ordered from Ali but I presume you could just buy 1 or a few bits so they come under €22 and you'll be grand - I think there's free delivery.

It's not as big of a deal as some people are making out on the instagram post.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

And AliExpress sellers have it sorted and mark the items for less on the outside of the package. Necklaces I ordered came to €29 something and the outside of the envelope said necklace $4. I'm almost sure you can open a dispute if you are charged customs to get the custom fee back from the seller.

There is nothing wrong with buying from Ali express. Those complaining probably never purchased a thing from there. They just heard from a friend of a friend of a friend's third cousin the items are crap so avoid! Ignorance is bliss afterall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Rosie Connolly released her Aluxe make up brush set today - €40 - another white label job I presume :D

(Edit: I think the packaging she has on them is gorgeous- lot better than the fairy wands )

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Mugatuu wrote:
    (Edit: I think the packaging she has on them is gorgeous- lot better than the fairy wands )

The packaging looks lovely but I just would not buy completely white make up brushes...even the bristles are white.

laylag wrote: »
    The packaging looks lovely but I just would not buy completely white make up brushes...even the bristles are white.

100% agree, I dont think white is very practical for makeup brushes but I like the more mature approach she has taken with them

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Mugatuu wrote:
    100% agree, I dont think white is not very practical for makeup brushes but I like the more mature approach she has taken with them

Not a unicorn, Tiffany blue or rose gold in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

COD busy on twitter telling presenter how lovely they look so must have no time to comment on other matters :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Lougarden wrote: »
    COD busy on twitter telling presenter how lovely they look so must have no time to comment on other matters :eek:

Seriously trying to gloss over everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Does anyone know if the TSF line is the same? I follow her and am wondering now has she done the same thing as COD and JW? Also Glitz*pieces. The whole thing makes me sick on the other hand am loving shopping on Aliexpress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Those brushes wouldn't stay white for long! Aesthetically they look lovely but not very practical at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

The Accessory Fairy seems to literally be AliExpress too

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Disclaimer: Taylor & Rose is an online retail boutique and we source our product range from multiple suppliers and distributors globally. As a retail brand, we are committed to sourcing quality products for our customers. Our prices are based on detailed market research and adhere to the average retail margins. Any further inquires regarding prices, stock or business operation, please feel free to email taylorandroseshop@gmail.com

This is new on Taylor and Rose

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So a 900% mark up is an average rate these days.

Well I think that puts the "maybe China is copying Irish bloggers" bs theory to bed

anna080 wrote: »
    Well I think that puts the "maybe China is copying Irish bloggers" bs theory to bed

I still can’t believe people are actually saying this haha

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Well if anything she will have to try a little harder to source her next batch of products for her site since people will be more wise to the aliexpress stuff. And that's what she should be doing sourcing products that people can't easily find themselves if that's the route she wanted to go down with her business.

Disappointing if after all of this it gets swept under the carpet and no comment from COD or anyone else on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

It's the biggest beauty event of the year and Rosie Connolly launched her make up brushes the same day.....and she can't even be bothered to stay for more than a couple of hours and plug her brand and meet fans. Same tomorrow she's only going for a short while. That just shocked me, she's not even arsed like!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Ya it's interesting the brushes Rosie released are different to the ones in the pics that were in that brochure linked on here that was on her distributors page (mod removed the link as it wasn't actually meant to be visible to the public?)

I think the ones from the brochure were nicer they were kind of cream and gold or something and the bristles were brown can't remember exactly but definitely not all white.

But again same as lip glosses I'd prefer to be able to buy the ones I want individually.

Are the brushes themselves branded with aluxe or just the outer packaging? ** Edit: sorry just saw they are branded with Aluxe on the handles of brushes so at least they are personalised **

I don't think Rosie is nearly as bad as COD her sunglasses were from China but her pricing seemed reasonable since she was selling at wholesale price to lots of stockists around the country her profit per pair would have been less than €5 as opposed to making probably up to €100 profit on some of those crowns on taylor and rose site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

The absolute SAPs who claim everyone who doesnt fawn over Rosies new release saying people are jealous are so dense. They'd buy into anything. I actually almost got into a row with one girl about it only I actually have a life and my own brain. These people wouldnt buy their used tissues if they boxed and sold them. Sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Ray37 wrote: »
    The absolute SAPs who claim everyone who doesnt fawn over Rosies new release saying people are jealous are so dense. They'd buy into anything. I actually almost got into a row with one girl about it only I actually have a life and my own brain. These people wouldnt buy their used tissues if they boxed and sold them. Sheep.

Where was this on a Facebook group MUF won’t be happy with the brush release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Don't be a jellas hater Ray! Stop tearing a woman down by questioning anything she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

There is also a site called China suppliers or Alibaba. You can basically select say for eg. Eye shadow pallets at a dollar or so each once you buy minimum amount . Them you customise the colours you want and the packaging etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod

Vegetarian2017 Please read the charter. You need to be a Boards member for three months and have over 50 posts to post in this forum. You can rejoin the discussion when you fulfil these criteria.

It drives me mad how Fairy has to snap show us the snaps from her followers when they've bought her lipgloss or are praising her relationship or whatever. It's so cringe. Yea we get it- people bought your lippies. Fab. It's not interesting to see.
    One girl snapped her last night and it was almost a subtle dig but I don't think she even copped, it was like "when I was 13 I misspelt gorgeous as well and ever since I say georgeous"..
    I read it as though the carry on of you Joanne is like a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It drives me mad how Fairy has to snap show us the snaps from her followers when they're bought her lipgloss or are praising her relationship or whatever. It's so cringe. Yea we get it- people bought your lippies. Fab.
    One girl snapped her last night and it was almost a subtle dig but I don't think she even copped, it was like "when I was 13 I misspelt gorgeous as well and ever since I say georgeous"..
    I read it as though the carry on of you Joanne is like a teenager.

She just posted a few videos of the fairy wands, she's obviously trying to push them again now that Rosie has released her own brushes.

Also saw a snap from a follower who didn't even look that young saying she couldn't wait for Joanne to marry Paul...Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

No coincidence that MUF is showing off all her vegan friendly blah blah brushes one day after Rosie's launch 😂😂🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Word from a little bird at the beauty show told me that Luna was jammed with Lisa Jordan, crown brush and blank canvas were heaving, ciara daly was busy and Nima was in fire. Joanne's brushes were reduced to either 50 or 60 and not one person at the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    She just posted a few videos of the fairy wands, she's obviously trying to push them again now that Rosie has released her own brushes.

Didn't see this before I wrote the same 😀

WhiteRoses wrote: »

Also saw a snap from a follower who didn't even look that young saying she couldn't wait for Joanne to marry Paul...Wow.

I know! Morto for the girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I know! Morto for the girl

I dunno who's worse. The saps that send those kind of snaps, or Joanne for sharing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Word from a little bird at the beauty show told me that Luna was jammed with Lisa Jordan, crown brush and blank canvas were heaving, ciara daly was busy and Nima was in fire. Joanne's brushes were reduced to either 50 or 60 and not one person at the stand

Joannes stuff is so gimmicky and juvenile in design (fairy wands, pixie pout) that it really only appeals to youngsters, who won't have the kind of disposable needed to afford her products.

On the other hand, while I wouldn't buy Luna or Rosie Connolly either, their stuff is far classier and mature looking and I'd go for one of their products rather than Joanne if push came to shove.

I wonder who she has working at her stand for her seeing as she makes such a big deal out of being a one woman show. Probably her mum I'm thinking.

By right she should have flown over and stood by her own stand herself. It's only an hour flight. If she believes in her own products that much then she should take it upon herself to sell them herself. Her priorities are all over the place. It's not as if she's doing anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

But that's because those stands were manned with known faces. I wasn't at the show but I've seen snaps. Lisa Jordan was at the Luna stand, Rosie Connolly was apparently at her stand, Blank Canvas had Jen from TooDolly makeup and Sinead from the Makeup Chair both doing make up looks while Emma from Mastering your makeup was a model for a demo there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    But that's because those stands were manned with known faces. I wasn't at the show but I've seen snaps. Lisa Jordan was at the Luna stand, Rosie Connolly was apparently at her stand, Blank Canvas had Jen from TooDolly makeup and Sinead from the Makeup Chair both doing make up looks while Emma from Mastering your makeup was a model for a demo there too.
    They were all there building a brand. Hers were discounted and just left there to sell themselves, and they weren't.

It's a bit shocking she wasn't there to sell her brand, even if she's not continuing with the brushes, she has those fairly new lipglosses to promote and with Lisa Jordan launching hers, it was a very bad business move not to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Lindy97 wrote: »
    It's a bit shocking she wasn't there to sell her brand, even if she's not continuing with the brushes, she has those fairly new lipglosses to promote and with Lisa Jordan launching hers, it was a very bad business move not to be there
    I think the PixiePout is dropped to €19.99, which is a huge drop from €34.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Saw MUFs lipgloss sets in Sam McCauleys and they are tiny! Nearly half the size of normal ones - while they are €35 for 3 colours and a gloss i think they are very over priced for the size of them. Waiting around for reviews of Lisa Jordans ones - i feel they will do very well - she picked a nice colour selection.

It used to be a bit more fun and a bit more of a free space but lately if you say anything remotely negative about any of them, you get jumped on. There are a lot of smaller and wannabie bloggers on there that obviously don't want to upset the apple cart.

(I agree on the getting that invested in a strangers life, Ive seen people say their kids recognise bloggers voices...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She should have flown over yday morning and flown back tonight! Very bad business decision in her behalf! I know none of her fans will give a crap and still buy her stuff. Don't think she even put up a picture of her stand? <snip> She has said for months she will do a video of both her products and still nothing from either. She seems to be more interested in traveling to a different country every month and buying designer bags then doing stuff for her business! Each to their own but doubt she will get to far!!

• Advertisement

idunno78 wrote: »
    She should have flown over yday morning and flown back tonight! Very bad business decision in her behalf! I know none of her fans will give a crap and still buy her stuff. Don't think she even put up a picture of her stand? <snip> She has said for months she will do a video of both her products and still nothing from either. She seems to be more interested in traveling to a different country every month and buying designer bags then doing stuff for her business! Each to their own but doubt she will get to far!!

So true. As painful as she was during her "girl boss" phase at least she had some drive and motivation. I feel she has completely lost herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I reckon fairy is reading, she has a snap up saying that the reason the lip kits were so cheap over the weekend is because it was a TRADE show .....

She then goes on to say there will be discounts on her tour :pac:

I reckon fairy is reading, she has a snap up saying that the reason the lip kits were so cheap over the weekend is because it was a TRADE show .....

She then goes on to say there will be discounts on her tour :pac:

Yes just thought that too!

That Galz who snap page is the most cringy thing I've ever come across I cant keep my eyes off it though! Some posts in there "So happy for Rosie moving house" "cant wait for Sue & Dyl's wedding" "Just ordered my new Aluxe sunnies so excited! " "Faces by grace's daughter is soooo cute"
    How can you be excited for a strangers life? Baffling

I was looking at Chris' (Grace's fella) Instagram there a while ago and he has the video up of the child walking. The comments underneath would make you cringe. People tagging their friends being like "I cried" etc...
    So embarrasing and creepy. I'd find it soooo odd if randomers were commenting that on my niece's videos and I'd be having a word with my sister.

I am confused. She posted up 2 snaps totally contradicting one another, saying that her discounts at the Beauty Show were coz it was a trade show, but she is also discounting her stuff on her pharmacy 'tour' (I can't believe I just typed those words).... I wonder are some followers annoyed they paid around e35 for stuff she is now flogging for less than e20. Again, the tour and discounts make me think the stuff isn't selling well. It's such childish branding too, I can't understand why anyone would want it in their makeup bah tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

<removed>

She's doing a tour soon promoting her lipsticks so that's obviously not the reason why.

I'm no fan of hers at all but the obsession with her is just ridiculous. She barely has to open her mouth and people are jumping on what she says.

I am confused. She posted up 2 snaps totally contradicting one another, saying that her discounts at the Beauty Show were coz it was a trade show, but she is also discounting her stuff on her pharmacy 'tour' (I can't believe I just typed those words).... I wonder are some followers annoyed they paid around e35 for stuff she is now flogging for less than e20. Again, the tour and discounts make me think the stuff isn't selling well. It's such childish branding too, I can't understand why anyone would want it in their makeup bah tbh.

I’m really guilty of liking childish things like Hello Kitty and Sailor Moon etc and I’m a real sucker for pink and glitter (AND I’m 27 :P) but if I was to release makeup, my packaging wouldn’t even look like that. I would want it to really chic and actually age appropriate. Her branding is really off putting to me. It’s almost like she’s back in the montessori class and selling to children.

Same here Tea! I love cute stuff like that, but I keep it to my mugs and things like that. To each their own but I'd never be interested in childish looking cosmetics, not my style at all.

Same here Tea! I love cute stuff like that, but I keep it to my mugs and things like that. To each their own but I'd never be interested in childish looking cosmetics, not my style at all.

Exactly. To me her stuff looks like the makeup you get for kids tbh

• Advertisement

Hey guys, just wanna claryify I wasnt trying to be nasty re the no photos comment, I've actually heard stuff along these lines so was just half wondering aloud. Every single pic is photoshopped to death and no photos that arent taken by herself are shared. Just wanted to let yas know my thinking :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement