Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Guuurl we know.
    Does anyone else find it annoying how she writes everything on the screen? Maybe it's a sign of how lazy I am but would she not just speak to the camera? I find it annoying having 10 seconds to read a load of text and often have to click back cos I missed bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

anna080 wrote: »
    Guuurl we know.
    Does anyone else find it annoying how she writes everything on the screen? Maybe it's a sign of how lazy I am but would she not just speak to the camera? I find it annoying having 10 seconds to read a load of text and often have to click back cos I missed bits.

I find she puts most of her snaps on loops so I end up having to click my screen to get to the next snap. I love leaving snapchat open while i'm roaming around doing bits and bobs and it flows through stories.

First world problems :)

EDIT: not a loop as in replaying, just the writing on the screen seems to stay on until you click , and she has alot of snaps with just writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Rootsblower Please read the charter. You must have 50 posts on boards before you are permitted to post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Somebody posted about JJ's glosses on the galz page and I thought great, nice to see someone objective.
    She's another bloody blogger brand ambassador for a pharmacy trying to get them in stock.
    Everyone is so friggin fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Did anyone see the pics of Rosie Con brushes she had on her Instagram? In the video it looked like the bristles were white but then she had a photo up saying white handles with grey bristles and the bristles did look grey? They looked quite different to the launch video...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Tbh, I really don’t think the quality is there with the brushes tbh. The hair bristles don’t look dense enough to blend and the hair looks far too shiny and plastic-y. It’s like those cheap mermaid brushes you can buy online on aliexpress

Tbh, I really don’t think the quality is there with the brushes tbh. The hair bristles don’t look dense enough to blend and the hair looks far too shiny and plastic-y. It’s like those cheap mermaid brushes you can buy online on aliexpress

Ya that's what I thought too they looked super shiny! Can't imagine they'd be great for applying anything. The colour and texture of the bristles looks really different in the video compared to the photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I'm following on from a discussion on the #ad thread. I have the wash off cloth as released by the Skin Nerd. Now I have no idea who she is as I got the mitt as part of a spot prize Hamper that. I won. It looked quite fancy and I was surprised that you only use water with it. That said it is no different than any other microfibre face cloth out there. I find it doesn't do much for the skin on the sides of my nose either. I'm not sure that it has added value in Terms of my face cleansing regime. I won't be replacing it when it needs to go in the bin in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I like the Penny's Microfiber face clothes, 5e for 3, is the cleanse off mitt any better?

GingerLily wrote: »
    I like the Penny's Microfiber face clothes, 5e for 3, is the cleanse off mitt any better?

I prefer these too and can replace them more frequently (but again I would use them to take off a cleansing product like Clinique balm) I just found that the cleanse off mitt with water only felt like it was dragging on my skin

• Advertisement

I prefer these too and can replace them more frequently (but again I would use them to take off a cleansing product like Clinique balm) I just found that the cleanse off mitt with water only felt like it was dragging on my skin

I use it mainly with a cleanser but sometimes with just water if I've got no product on my face. I find if you quickly wash them with an anti bacterial hand wah after use they feeling pretty clean so don't have to put them in the washing machine too often (or if I'm away). There was no good way to spot clean my muslin clothes!

I hated the cleanse off mitt. I didn't like how you had to put your hand into it like a glove it just felt a bit eww and weird to me. I much prefer using muslin or just a regular face cloth. My skin didn't feel great after cleansing with it. Its thrown somehwhere now I forgot I even had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I went into mr price and bought a few packs of microfibre cloths. 4 for 2 euro.
    I use it morning and evening as a pre cleanse, then go in with my environ cleansing lotion. My skin would be sensitive on my cheeks, overall normal with dehydration. I use my cloth to remove all my makeup, even around my eyes and I find it amazing. Gentle on my skin and I'm not wasting products.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I just watched blogger Louise O'Connell's snaps there (snapchat name is @louiseocon.ie) and she had ordered a few bits a while ago from Aliexpress.
    All the pieces have arrived and she has them up on her snapchat now - some earrings and two hairbands. One of them is the big cross hairband that's also on Taylor & Rose, which she got on AE for $11. All the pieces are good quality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Is that balm good need to try something new to take make up off

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Thanks for that, all the comments about AliExpress being poor quality from these people trying to defend the carry on, have really irked me. A few of them are ones I saw in a thread a few months ago going on about how great AliExpress was but now a blogger is in trouble and they all change their tune. I'm not saying it;s all amazing quality but you get what you pay for and in Taylor and Roses case you're paying top dollar and getting cheap goods which is not ok.
    No one would argue that paying a lot for handmade and genuinely bespoke items is fine, but not for cheap items bought on a Chinese website

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I got the mitt as part of gift from a friend, thought it was terrible. I had one from years ago, I mean years ago from E.L.F and it was way better.

But I prefer to use D.H.C oil cleaner massaged in by hand (which I would recommend to anyone for a pre-cleanse) and then go in with regular face cloth. I don't know what the real appeal of the skin nerd mitt is. It's like smaller version of something you'd wash your car with

Cria wrote: »
    Is that balm good need to try something new to take make up off

A little off topic but I love it have used Eve Lom and Trilogy and a few others but always go back to the Clinique one

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

A little off topic but I love it have used Eve Lom and Trilogy and a few others but always go back to the Clinique one

Am using the Pestle and Mortar one (it's in a black jar) and loving it so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Sue was having her makeup done earlier using her palette. I snapped her asking was it a MUA doing her makeup. No response yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Sue was having her makeup done earlier using her palette. I snapped her asking was it a MUA doing her makeup. No response yet...

Literally was going to say the same thing. I thought Pro MUAs can’t use it :P

They were fairly circling the brush. It's totally faded off in the last snap, unless she half took it off cos the lashes were taken off.

Literally was going to say the same thing. I thought Pro MUAs can’t use it :P

Girls, we are such bitches! I was thinking the exact same thing, its only for us normal people to use!

Wonder what she'll be flogging next....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Thought the MUA was gonna break her wrist from blending so hard, but then again the palette isnt for MUAs so no wonder she was having a hard time ;-)

Just laughing to myself here watching Kirstie McDermotts instastories about people (us) talking about "bloggers" on boards and paid reviews etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've an unused bottle of this if anyone wants it, just send a pm

wendydoll wrote: »
    Just laughing to myself here watching Kirstie McDermotts instastories about people (us) talking about "bloggers" on boards and paid reviews etc.

What was she saying?

Basically about saying they shouldn't be pissed off by us talking about them, because there's no transparency in paid reviews, why should anyone believe paid reviews, trying to flog crap at massive mark ups. And that half thess blogger and influencers aren't blogger anymore, that they are just snapchatters

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Oh thanks I’ll take note of them

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find Suzanne Jackson's ad for a new team member a little odd?
    "a fashion/beauty content creater", isn't that basically a bloggers job?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

FacesbyGrace mentioned using one of the Dibi Milano products this morning that MUF is promoting. She also mentioned it was by Alfaparf. Now I'm not sure if MUF had mentioned that snippet of info in any of her snaps but while I hadn't ever heard of Dibi Milano I have actually come across the Alfaparf hair product ranges in a lot of salons lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Was Grace not meant to be at that fund raising event in Xico, hosted by The White Moose Cafe last night?

I'm 99% sure Paul said she was going to be there but neither Paul or Grace mentioned it again & there was no sign of her.

I know Penneys Hun (who I love and think she is very genuine) was there and snapped a fair bit of the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Ya Paul said she was gonna be there! I wonder will he give another dig to whichever bloggers didn't get back to him either way about giving or not giving something!?

I hope he does, did Grace even mention or give it a shout out on her social media?
    Was he asking them for donations or publicity?
    He probably wasn't paying so they didn't bother..that's my cynical side talking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

Anyone see Marissa Carters snaps about her new course she's doing? It's a day long course on conquering your brand. The price is €295! Is this the normal going rate for something like this? Seems extortionate!

scarbouro wrote: »
    Anyone see Marissa Carters snaps about her new course she's doing? It's a day long course on conquering your brand. The price is €295! Is this the normal going rate for something like this? Seems extortionate!

Yes! I thought it was a typo but it's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

scarbouro wrote: »
    No it seems about right. I have to do CPD courses for work and they can be over €200 for a full day.

Rosie Connolly uploaded a video that she filmed today and I noticed she didn't use any of her Aluxe brushes during the tutorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Rosie Connolly uploaded a video that she filmed today and I noticed she didn't use any of her Aluxe brushes during the tutorial.

She also never really talked through them properly: what are they made from etc or doing a tutorial with them.

They look so cheap. Shiny oul bristles that I wouldn't reckon would blend anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Funny she can record and edit and upload a film in 12 hours!! Sosu palette one... still waiting for that one! Doubt its coming either as no mention of since she got back from Portugal! Must be 3 weeks now!!!!

Didn't watch video prob will tomo as interested to see how she applus makeup!! Very strange tho that she didn't use her own brushes?

A lot of them don't seem arsed about their own products. Rosie barely acknowledged the brushes and Sue can't even be arsed to film a tutorial with her palette. I'm not a fan of the POCO's but at least Pippa seems to be obsessed with them and is always wearing a pair.

A lot of them don't seem arsed about their own products. Rosie barely acknowledged the brushes and Sue can't even be arsed to film a tutorial with her palette. I'm not a fan of the POCO's but at least Pippa seems to be obsessed with them and is always wearing a pair.

There's probably a company or something pushing influencers to release these white label products and they're not that interested in them themselves.

Sure they all have management companies etc.

I switched the sosu palette and it looked nice in the shops, it's a pity it doesn't apply well!

GingerLily wrote: »
    There's probably a company or something pushing influencers to release these white label products and they're not that interested in them themselves.

Sure they all have management companies etc.

I switched the sosu palette and it looked nice in the shops, it's a pity it doesn't apply well!

Ya I'd say that their agent is definitely recommending they go down a product route even the way all of them have their Instagram for their product with the 9 tiles making up a bigger picture waiting on the launch etc it all looks very same same so I'd say they are definitely getting some guidance on launching a brand.

And I think others then position themselves more as travel bloggers (which probably is more enjoyable and could have more longevity than a crappy product)

I'm still laughing at Sue's magical eye palette that needs a tutorial on how to use so it doesn't look crap. Its certainly a new angle on a unique selling point:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lindy97 wrote: »
    I'm still laughing at Sue's magical eye palette that needs a tutorial on how to use so it doesn't look crap. Its certainly a new angle on a unique selling point:D
    I don't understand why she's saying that! The girl who runs the Truzees parenting snapchat used it last week I think. She said it was grand for throwing together a quick eye look, and it looked nice on her. Kinda contradicts what Sue was saying!

Because it's getting very mixed reviews and god forbid she takes this feedback on board and uses it going forward. Nope, instead its everyone is using it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

There's one thing I can't wrap my head around, and it's certain brands releasing candles. Bellamianta had it first, and now waxperts are releasing a candle. I don't get it, what has it to do with tan or wax? It's really random?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Sure aren't candles made from wax?

I do get the association with the wax. My beauticians always have a fab smell and if they brought or out in a candle I would buy. Kinda like an oriental spa smell.

For waxperts, I hate hate the packaging. So cheap looking. I remember a good few months ago they were talking about rebranding but havent seen it. Wouldn't have that candle in my house with a label that looks homemade

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Serious bad form from Ruth from that Miss fit skinny tea this morning in her Facebook group. Bear in mind that she set up this group to flog her tea and crave supplement, talk about biting the hand that feeds you::

I can't believe not one person posted results. All the work that was put into this challenge. It's so disappointing. A big thank to the few who were constantly contributing. I took the poll that Nicola Nicole Kimberely Muldoon very kindly posted on board and considered making some of you admins to keep the group going for support. But my god, NOT ONE person posted a result!!! Not looking for praise here, but if you knew the time and effort I put into the meal plans etc, in my spare time!!!! Buying gifts for people!! It's unreal! Deleting the group today. Absolute waste of time! Thank you again to Kim, Nicola, Annmarie and the handful of others who actually bothered!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement