Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    But a personal trainer is there to train you, to teach and to coach. It should be more about their knowledge and technique rather than how fit they look. I would rather have a PT who looked "normal" rather than someone who hadn't a shred of fat and could balance a pint glass on her ass while squatting.
    Most sports coaches don't look like fitness fanatics - most sports coaches are normal people. I help coach junior athletics by assisting the coaches. All these kids can run faster than me! But I show them how to warm up, cool down, tell them to stop messing etc. I know someone who's a fantastic GAA club level trainer, he's in high demand due to the quality of his coaching and the fact that he's carrying weight makes no difference.
    Plus, isn't lifting training slightly different to say, someone who focuses on cardio or weightloss training? I'm my experience in dealing with a few personal trainers anyway, they varied in looks depending on where their own training was focused.
    I do agree that a SW leader being 18 stone is far from ideal, given that SW is based on well, slimming and weightloss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lead wrote: »
    I was more talking about someone who is a Boards member. You're like a dog with a bone. As per the rules no ones appearance should be spoken about. And yes other bloggers appearance have been spoken about and it's not fair to them either. They probably do read what's said here which isnt fair.

I'm like a dog with a bone? No I'm not. As far as I can see we are both making the same point. Chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Also, just because someone has loads of Muscle and a 6 pack does not make them fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anna080 wrote: »
    But how do we know who is reading and who isn't? Just because some are more vocal than others. I've never gotten personal about anyone on this thread. They all deserve the same defence when someone gets personal.

I agree they all deserve the same defence!

GingerLily wrote: »
    I agree they all deserve the same defence!

I think we were both making the same point! Apologies if it came across differently :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

As a tangent to Rosemary's point, that you cannot "see fitness"; there are certainly nuances of body weight where you cannot discern fitness. And I have nothing negative to say about her appearance. But it just isn't true that you "cannot see fitness or health by looking at anybody".

You absolutely can see if somebody is very unhealthy or unfit. That applies at both ends of the weight spectrum. A morbidly obese person will look unfit and unhealthy, because they are. As will an emaciated, underweight person. I appreciate that Rosemary may mean somebody her own size, and I certainly haven't a notion how much she can lift or of her exercise tolerance.

But it's a fallacy to perpetuate the myth that the very overweight can be fit and healthy. Being overweight is a risk factor for myriad diseases. It is not congruent with good health.

To reiterate, I am absolutely not implying that Rosemary is in this category or that she is unfit. I am speaking in general terms.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod

General warning:

It doesn't matter if particular bloggers are reading these threads or not. The charter has always said you can criticise their skills and content, but not their personal appearance. It also says you should post in a civil way, and not to derail threads.

This thread has been massively derailed, and the tone of some posts leaves a lot to be desired. I will be giving warnings, infractions and bans if you can't stick to the topic and discuss it in a civilised manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I would not be going to rosemary for any training purely based on the fact that she switches from one thing to another she also back tracks on things she says flaky may not be the right word but that’s the jist of it .... I do actually like RM she just reminds me of my child ever week she wants to be something else when she grows up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

blairbear wrote: »
    As a tangent to Rosemary's point, that you cannot "see fitness"; there are certainly nuances of body weight where you cannot discern fitness. And I have nothing negative to say about her appearance. But it just isn't true that you "cannot see fitness or health by looking at anybody".

You absolutely can see if somebody is very unhealthy or unfit. That applies at both ends of the weight spectrum. A morbidly obese person will look unfit and unhealthy, because they are. As will an emaciated, underweight person. I appreciate that Rosemary may mean somebody her own size, and I certainly haven't a notion how much she can lift or of her exercise tolerance.

But it's a fallacy to perpetuate the myth that the very overweight can be fit and healthy. Being overweight is a risk factor for myriad diseases. It is not congruent with good health.

To reiterate, I am absolutely not implying that Rosemary is in this category or that she is unfit. I am speaking in general terms.

Absolutely, you can see fitness. I had a listen to her points and it makes some sense.
    For example Sosueme's sister Carla looks incredibly fit and healthy but several times a week posts photos of pizzas or other takeaways.
    I think RM may have been talking more about metabolism or hereditary factors that don't show how healthy or unhealthy someone is. But there's more to it than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So, any idea what pippas next venture will be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

MUFs 'tour' appears to be one day. Visiting 3 pharmacies. To me it looks like she is desperately trying to shift stock of her product. Sure arent those times in the middle of the day? There won't be an awful lot of people there tbh. I think she made a huge mistake by calling herself 'a big fish in a small pond' when she was discussing her reasons for moving to London. I felt it was a very rude comment to make (seeing as she built her following, brand etc from her Irish followers) and she seems to be a very small fish in a giant ocean now. The skincare gig she has also doesn't seem to be a big time as she made out... The other 2 influencers with her I have never heard of before, are they big?? 

She mentioned a new product release coming soon too, anyone have any ideas?

So, any idea what pippas next venture will be?

For some reason I'm thinking either lounge wear or home wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone have any ideas what Sinéad (The Beautiful Truth) is releasing? Think she said on her Snapchat recently that she is holding off until after Christmas?

I think she's releasing three products and said one of them is one of a kind and she hasn't seen anything like it (or something to that effect anyway).

I'm intrigued by it. Excited for it too, I'm hoping one of the three products she releases is something I'll have an interest in and can purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yeah I think Pippa is probably releasing home-wares too. It would tie in nicely with the fact she's moved house and I could just see her doing a home-wares range. I'd be interested in seeing the collection if that's what it was, but not if it's make-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ljonesx

I came to read this thread as everyone has been speaking about it. Every blogger reads this so just because they don't comment doesn't mean they can't see it !

How would you feel if people wrote some of the comments on this thread about you or a good friend ?! Why is everyone so invested in others peoples lives ? Why tear people down?

Some people saying uncalled for to mention someone's physical appearance. I think it's so much more offensive to comment on someone's charecter and personality. Rosemary may have made flip decisions in the past but who are we to judge ! There is no point in everyone discussing how she might fail or won't stick with her new career change. Not a very empowering attitude. I'm not saying we should post loads of positive comments but maybe keep negative comments about a strangers life to yourself ! Before someone jumps down my throat saying I'm only defending her I think the amount of chat about the MUF is horendus ..if you don't want to go to the lipstick tour then don't but why tear her down on a boards thread. It's like primary school and it's embarrassing !

Maybe if they kept their life off social media and didn't rely so heavily on their followers to make coin? I lol at them describing themselves TA as influencers (or influencing people to have opinions/buy things) but god forbid if you have an opinion that differs from what they deem "acceptable".

Positive vibes only? Maybe they should think about that before they take to social media and say derogatory things about people with skin conditions like psoriasis being inbred? That's not very nice is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RMacCabe

Maybe if they kept their life off social media and didn't rely so heavily on their followers to make coin? I lol at them describing themselves TA as influencers (or influencing people to have opinions/buy things) but god forbid if you have an opinion that differs from what they deem "acceptable".

Positive vibes only? Maybe they should think about that before they take to social media and say derogatory things about people with skin conditions like psoriasis being inbred? That's not very nice is it?

Lexie you’re hilarious – it’s like you have a notebook with every single thing I’ve ever said!

The fact is, Ireland has a higher rate of a lot of diseases (CF, psoriasis as two examples) because of our narrow gene pool, ie the fact that, genetically speaking, we are pretty inbred. Go back 150 years and you would be hard pressed to find many partners who weren’t related to one another going back just one generation. It wasn’t a slur I was making on people with psoriasis, it was a fact.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Yeah I think Pippa is probably releasing home-wares too. It would tie in nicely with the fact she's moved house and I could just see her doing a home-wares range. I'd be interested in seeing the collection if that's what it was, but not if it's make-up.

I really dont think it's make up. Def something homey. When is the release date?

A notebook of everything you ever said? It actually cripples me reading anything you write, and wouldn't give you the satisfaction of clicking into your website because your content or your opinion does not interest me in the slightest. I'd rather cheesegrate my eyeballs. Just to clear that up, your content isn't something I keep tabs on.

Anyway, I'll be back to this thread to contribute when it's no longer the rosemary show. I've no interest in partaking in the Michael o Leary type of advertising - after all isn't all publicity good publicity?

Can we not keep this thread vaguely on topic?
    Do we really need to go back over this?

These threads just go round in circles where no one seems to listen to the other side, what's the point?

• Advertisement

I really dont think it's make up. Def something homey. When is the release date?

I'm actually really interested if it is homeware!

Ya me too! She has fab taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

A notebook of everything you ever said? It actually cripples me reading anything you write, and wouldn't give you the satisfaction of clicking into your website because your content or your opinion does not interest me in the slightest. I'd rather cheesegrate my eyeballs. Just to clear that up, your content isn't something I keep tabs on.

Anyway, I'll be back to this thread to contribute when it's no longer the rosemary show. I've no interest in partaking in the Michael o Leary type of advertising - after all isn't all publicity good publicity?

Maybe just ignore her then Lexie? It's easier to just not engage if you don't want to partake in discussion.
    I don't know what was said but in relation to your previous post unless it was said by someone with a medical degree and experience in the field no one with any sense will listen.

Just move on to more interesting things!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod

Ljonesx Please read the charter. You need to be a Boards member for more than three months and have more than 50 posts to post here.

You are welcome to rejoin the discussion when you fulfil these criteria.

I’m sorry that my defending myself from you bitching merrily about me on boards is ruining the experience for you, but tbh I’m sick of just sitting back and saying nothing. The convo had moved on from me until you yet again dragged me back into it. (See also: snide comment re my blog post on privilege and the gym, which was weird seeing as you never read my content.)

FWIW I have no idea what Pippa’s new product is. Homewares would be a good shout cos people love her interior style but it’d be a bit of a mad side step from beauty and fashion and essentially be starting over with suppliers, distributors etc so I’d kind of be surprised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Homeware would be cool, and quite unique in terms of blogger products. I thik she's doing it by herself, but she's the kind of person I could see Dunnes Stores having huge success with if she did a line with them, like Paul Costello etc.

To me these threads ALWAYS take a nasty turn when a certain person involves themselves. I think we should just ignore, tbh.
    And no Rosemary this isn't an invitation to converse with me. I've literally no interest in engaging in tit for tat with you. So please don't bother trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Yes. No more make up please!
    Shes got lovely style amd taste in homeware (I think) so would be a nice fit. If the price point is right.
    The only thing about homeware is its so vast so she may start on a very limited range and work out from there depending on success.

• Advertisement

Ray37 wrote: »
    Homeware would be cool, and quite unique in terms of blogger products. I thik she's doing it by herself, but she's the kind of person I could see Dunnes Stores having huge success with if she did a line with them, like Paul Costello etc.

Exactly. I wasn't mad on the POCOs but homewear I'd be interested in if the price was right. Am actually excited to see what she'll bring out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Anyone have any ideas what Sinéad (The Beautiful Truth) is releasing? Think she said on her Snapchat recently that she is holding off until after Christmas?

I think she's releasing three products and said one of them is one of a kind and she hasn't seen anything like it (or something to that effect anyway).

I'm intrigued by it. Excited for it too, I'm hoping one of the three products she releases is something I'll have an interest in and can purchase.

Yeah I'm excited by this too. I actually have no clue what it could be. She mentioned on snapchat that she hasn't come up with a name yet so there's no point releasing it yet.

To me these threads ALWAYS take a nasty turn when a certain person involves themselves. I think we should just ignore, tbh.
    And no Rosemary this isn't an invitation to converse with me. I've literally no interest in engaging in tit for tat with you. So please don't bother trying.

These threads take a nasty turn when the person being criticised by anonymous strangers shows up to (politely, I’d like to point out) defend themselves. Yeah, I can see how that would ruin the “fun”.

And while we’re all absolutely entitled to whatever opinions we hold about other people, and boards facilitates the anonymous publication of said opinion, the person in question is equally entitled to respond.

I have literally only responded in the last 24 hours because I felt like I should clarify a few things. I haven’t been hostile or overly defensive, I don’t think, and honestly I don’t see how you can think it’s reasonable to criticise someone you don’t know while then thinking it’s unreasonable for them to respond.

I’m kind of done now, except to say: I’ve only commented to correct things that are simply wrong. I get that some people strongly dislike me. They’re entitled to that. I’ve ignored umpteen posts in which my personality is torn to shreds. But I don’t have to – I ignore it because, honestly, there’s no point fighting about how I’m actually a semi decent person and don’t think I deserve this vitriol from faceless, nameless strangers. I don’t think that will ever get through to you.

But don’t assume that I will always sit back and stay quiet. I’m entitled to defend myself and I won’t shut up just because I’m aggravating some anonymous strangers who love giving out about me on an online forum.

What difference does it make that it's anonymous strangers?
    You were on the verge of saying love and light there!
    But you hate that positive vibes only thing. Or you did recently, maybe that's all changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Did she mention somewhere before that it was candles. I could be making that up because I don’t know why it’s in my head! I would be super interested in house stuff, I’m sick of seeing beauty releases, I think the market is beyond saturated.

Could it be clothes either? I don’t watch her snap a lot so I feel I’ve missed all the clues!

I wonder would it be her highlighter on its own? That would be v smart move!
    But they way it's called a collection doubt that so prob clothes? Maybe t-shirts? Or PJs! Really it could be anything!! She did say it's not demin!
    I think it's being launched when the pop up in dundrum opens!
    Not to start up the other 'thing' again. But Rosemary has every right to come and stick up for herself!!

• Advertisement

What difference does it make that it's anonymous strangers?
    You were on the verge of saying love and light there!
    But you hate that positive vibes only thing. Or you did recently, maybe that's all changed.

I think you missed my point; I wasn’t saying that people shouldn’t criticise. I was saying that, while you get to anonymously post about other people, you don’t automatically get to do so without them responding / defending themselves.

I’ve never seriously said love and light in my life! I totally get b*tching about people who annoy you, I do it too. I just either give out online, as myself, under my own name, or offline by text to my friends, privately. And I guess I think people who feel the need to broadcast their dislike of others, without having enough courage of their convictions to do so under their own name, don’t really deserve their “safe space”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Poco is opening again in Dundrum for the Christmas market. The homewares market is pretty saturated as well, everyone and anyone seems to have their name in it, even zoella the YouTube v logger has a homewares collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

RMacCabe wrote: »

FWIW I have no idea what Pippa’s new product is. Homewares would be a good shout cos people love her interior style but it’d be a bit of a mad side step from beauty and fashion and essentially be starting over with suppliers, distributors etc so I’d kind of be surprised!

Yes but the beauty and fashion market are overcrowded. She was very brave to launch a jeans brand and fair play to her but it shows how very well thought out that was. So I can see her doing something in homeware and with her own brand name she will have no problem with suppliers or distributors, they will all want a piece of whatever she comes up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Let's get on back on topic guys, before we get shut down.

I've an itchy feeling that JJ, MUF and Poppa will all bring out home ranges

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I'm guessing Pippa will launch small bits for homeware, candles, cushions things like that. Think she'd do well in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think Pippa's new launch will be homewares or something lifestyle related. It would be a good idea as I think the whole blogger releasing make up thing is done. I personally wouldn't buy any make up made by bloggers, purely because the prices are similar enough to some of the high end brands. I'd rather pay a few euro extra and get the likes of MAC, Urban decay etc. Plus it's really hard to find decent, honest reviews about blogger products so you never know if they're actually good or if someone is just being a fan girl.

Don't know what the beautiful truth is releasing but I hope it's not make up! She did say it's something unique though. I really like Sinead so if it's even half decent, I'd try to support her by buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I wonder is Pippa launching something in the loungewear category? You know like the slouchy bottoms and tops you relax in at home. She often wears some around the house you can see from Snapchat. It would fit in with her POCO stores and sell well on the run up the Christmas. The show house she was shooting at looked lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I wonder is Pippa launching something in the loungewear category? You know like the slouchy bottoms and tops you relax in at home. She often wears some around the house you can see from Snapchat. It would fit in with her POCO stores and sell well on the run up the Christmas. The show house she was shooting at looked lovely.

Maybe something like Pink from Victoria's Secret? That would sell well if the price point was a little bit more accessible than POCOs

I'd say it is homewares! If you look at the #pippacollection on Instagram one of the photos had #homewares in it! Could be completely wrong tho but seen as most of ye have said that I think ye are all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I hope I like Sinead from beautiful truth products. She is my favourite blogger by a mile and I have genuine found some fab products because of her recommendations.

I definetly think it's this. If you look at her Snapchat from yesterday she put up a pic of her and Ollie from her camera roll and she was wearing lounge wear and cosy socks. This was right before the snap where she revealed the new Pippa logo.

I don't think Pippa would be bringing out loungewear purely bacause she's said at her fashion factories (i heard, never been to one) that tracksuits should only be worn for exercise. Now I don't think it was meant as a dig at everyone wearing leggings all day, it would just kinda seem odd to then bring out comfy wear.

I thought it might besomething to complement the jeans like a belt or shoe range, i haven't a clue though really.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

RMacCabe wrote: »
    Lexie you’re hilarious – it’s like you have a notebook with every single thing I’ve ever said!

The fact is, Ireland has a higher rate of a lot of diseases (CF, psoriasis as two examples) because of our narrow gene pool, ie the fact that, genetically speaking, we are pretty inbred. Go back 150 years and you would be hard pressed to find many partners who weren’t related to one another going back just one generation. It wasn’t a slur I was making on people with psoriasis, it was a fact.

I hope you show a little more sesitivity / tact if you have 'inbred' clients with psoriasis. The condition is depressing and sore enough without a bloggers medical research into the journals

On a more positive note, I think Pippa also might have homeware on way

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Could it be kids clothing? Or else lounge wear! The photo she shared of herself And Oie was way too professional to be an off the cuff photo taken at home. Her make up and hair was immaculate !

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Definitely thinking homeware

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement