Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Jeez guys can we give up on Rosemary. We get it, some of you reeeeeally don't like her. It's so uncomfortable and embarrassing to read through it all. It's similar with the MUF. I like general chat about their blogs etc, not ripping their looks and personalities apart. I said before I'm not a fan but fair play for coming on here and engaging.

On a side note, I think Pippa will release loungewear, I hope so anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I really don’t want any more makeup being brought out to the market. I feel like homewares are probably the best avenue now. Every time I log onto Snapchat/Insta, all I see is makeup, fit tea and PT’s.
    Something more substantial is what the market needs I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

When is she announcing? If any of them could pull off homeware it would be pippa, her fans would be the perfect demographic for that market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'm dying to know what Sinead is releasing.

Whatever Pippa is selling, be it homeware or lounge wear, I'm sure it'll be classy. She has a good eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jeez guys can we give up on Rosemary. We get it, some of you reeeeeally don't like her. It's so uncomfortable and embarrassing to read through it all. It's similar with the MUF. I like general chat about their blogs etc, not ripping their looks and personalities apart. I said before I'm not a fan but fair play for coming on here and engaging.

On a side note, I think Pippa will release loungewear, I hope so anyway!

Not half as embarrassing as reading through all the arse kissing.
    Sorry now but before yesterday Rosemary wasn't even mentioned on here for months. So your comment is inaccurate. Obviously she has every right to join the discussion, but don't be surprised when she is then, shock horror, discussed.
    Personal comments have been dealt with.

Anyway, moving on..
    I'm thinking she'll bring out like an "ambience" range. Like a chill out vibe. Cushions, lounge wear, candles etc... it'll suit her and her aesthetic perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Jeez guys can we give up on Rosemary. We get it, some of you reeeeeally don't like her. It's so uncomfortable and embarrassing to read through it all. It's similar with the MUF. I like general chat about their blogs etc, not ripping their looks and personalities apart. I said before I'm not a fan but fair play for coming on here and engaging

Seemed a bit childish to come on and "defend" herself. Why would you even bother? If you put yourself out in the public eye you have expect people will be talking about you both positivity or negatively.

We discuss many bloggers and they don't feel the need to come on and defend themselves or single a few boardies out for comments made on the thread. And if she wanted to make comments, do so on your original board account, don't just set one up to pick the thread apart

Pippa's brand will take off no matter what she launches. She's the King Midas of bloggers. At least she seems to put more thought in the products she launches and she seems to know how important sticking her name on products is and she stands behind the things she launches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Pippa would be considered classy and always presents herself well whereas the others are all very similar and much skankier in dress sense and taste etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Bar one comment on her appearance, there was very little objectionable said about Rosemary. More is said about Sue/Rosie/MUF on a daily basis.

That being said, were I in her shoes, I would come on and give my viewpoint.

We are allowed discuss her business though. We have discussed Sue's palette at length, Rosie's sunglasses, MUF's brushes etc.

Registering a boards account just to give out to posters having a discussion is childish, and not adhering to the rules of this forum.

Funny how we have been civil for the past couple of months and not had any problems then all of a sudden there’s a sh|t storm brewing. Especially with new accounts that don’t know the rules.

ANYWAY, I haven’t heard much hype over the Aluxe brushes at all. Is it too early for people to be fawning all over them?

• Advertisement

Us older ones love each other really, we might disagree and fall out now and again but we get over it and move on. The last few days have been horrible and sidetracked on this thread in particular.

Has there been much hype from Rosie and the brushes. Haven't seen her plugging them, saying that I have no snapchat at present but hardly anything on insta about them.

I'm sick of looking at everyone opening their chupi gifts though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is it Chuli now or has a shipment arrived from aliexpress :D

I’m pmsl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Don’t think pippa will bring out candles. Would be a bit weird as she is such “good” pals with waxperts Ellen.

Ah unless the designers from aliexpress have a load of Irish farthing from pre decimal Ireland laying around, think we are ok thinking this aren't from ali express :D:D

Can't remember who was thanking Chupi for the design but they didn't even know what coin it was. Granted, we are probably all post decimal but you'd think you'd check before saying "oh I don't know what coin it is, I think it's maybe a farthing"...Couldn't believe the price of them, I'll have to put a chain through my danish krone and think I'm cool and trendy (on a shoestring)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Is FacesbyGrace too obvious a choice if Pippa releases loungewear/PJs and wants someone to review it?

• Advertisement

Is FacesbyGrace too obvious a choice if Pippa releases loungewear/PJs and wants someone to review it?
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Never heard anything as ridiculous as a lip gloss tour!

I'm sorry but I just head back through the thread today and laughed my arse off. I love how we're all trying to make poignant points and then shove in something about Pippa or something at the end to ease the tension. It's gas. Sure we're all only dyin to see what's Pippa going to be releasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Cripes, my dad has a big box of old Irish and other European coins dating from the early 1900s on.

I'mma spray paint them gold and send a few to Sue and Carla to lash on in the Wright Venue this weekend, then watch the 159e orders roll in!!

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I just head back through the thread today and laughed my arse off. I love how we're all trying to make poignant points and then shove in something about Pippa or something at the end to ease the tension. It's gas. Sure we're all only dyin to see what's Pippa going to be releasing!

I'm just re-reading it and laughing to myself....sure we have to keep it on topic Anna :p
    blairbear wrote: »
    Cripes, my dad has a big box of old Irish and other European coins dating from the early 1900s on.

I'mma spray paint them gold and send a few to Sue and Carla to lash on in the Wright Venue this weekend, then watch the 159e orders roll in!!

Just get yourself a little soldering iron from ali express and a load of "designer, bespoke, handmade" chains from there too and we'll be your first customers Blairbear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Rose gold Blair bear!

Finally, boards blogger world was at peace :p

wendydoll wrote: »
    Finally, boards blogger world was at peace :p

.........for now... (Jaws music)
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Sure if we all agreed with each other it would be boring!!
    Have any of ye actually used or tried the pixie pout? I swatched 3 on my hand. One was a little patchy. The red was actually nice. Seemed to last on my hand!
    Watched Laura's views video and she didn't seem to think much!

If they were singles I would have got one to try! Same for Lisa jordan's I'd defo buy 2 Cos they look like nice colours but the other 2 I wouldn't wear! I think sue is bringning out Lippya to! She mentioned it a while back in her snaps! Wonder will that be her next release?!

What. Are Chupi aliexpress?
    But it says handmade in Ireland on the box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No they're not AliExpress, they have their own shop in the Powerscourt Centre and have for the past few years. They're really hitting on the bloggers/influencers market lately. Their stuff is lovely but overpriced for what it is IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

wendydoll wrote: »
    Seemed a bit childish to come on and "defend" herself. Why would you even bother? If you put yourself out in the public eye you have expect people will be talking about you both positivity or negatively.

We discuss many bloggers and they don't feel the need to come on and defend themselves or single a few boardies out for comments made on the thread. And if she wanted to make comments, do so on your original board account, don't just set one up to pick the thread apart

Sorry to bring this back up but this is really unfair. I'm not a fan of RMC but of course she has a right to defend herself, just as anyone else who is being discussed on this thread has (most of them either probably don't know about it or couldn't be arsed as in their heads we're just "trolls"). The mods haven't stifled discussion just because she's started posting. They've just reiterated that we shouldn't be insulting people's appearance (and rightly so).

anna080 wrote: »
    Not half as embarrassing as reading through all the arse kissing.
    Sorry now but before yesterday Rosemary wasn't even mentioned on here for months. So your comment is inaccurate. Obviously she has every right to join the discussion, but don't be surprised when she is then, shock horror, discussed.
    Personal comments have been dealt with.

Anyway, moving on..
    I'm thinking she'll bring out like an "ambience" range. Like a chill out vibe. Cushions, lounge wear, candles etc... it'll suit her and her aesthetic perfectly.

My comment is not inaccurate. The vitriol towards her the past few days was Mean Girls-esque. I don't mind her being discussed, it's ripping her looks and personality apart that I have an issue with. It's wrong.
    Someone disagreeing with your opinion of Rosemary does not equate licking her arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jesus we've all moved on, theoldbreed.
    Some people clearly love arguing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm surprised that none of the bloggers/snappers have released brow products yet, since brows are a hot topic right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I'd say it's because between Benefit and that BPerfect they all seem to work with, it would be a bit pointless?
    Those two seem to have the market covered (and I think Maybelline have just sent a huge press drop of those tattoo brows to a good few).

(does anyone else think bloggers brows always look a bit crap after they've been into Benefit? A few I've seen, I've been like "bloody hell they look drawn on with a Sharpie!", like you can actually see wher they've gone outside the natural brow line)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

She’s the perfect candidate:D

Not to be mean but, I think Pippa's market and Grace's are very, very different.
    Like Pippa's "lazy days" still have a look to them... I'll leave it at that.

Laughing at SJ saying the nails are fashion forward and also flying out the door. But then here's a discount code cos you guys wanted it.

I wish she had put the colours into nail polishes instead cos i have a few of them and think they're good but would never wear fake nails.

I'd say if brow products were released it'd be Elizabeth Oakes Lorna Farrelly or Kim O'Sullivan that would release it and sell it. There's no bloggers with amazing brows and the majority of them have had free mictoblading done by one of the three I've mentioned

fussyonion wrote: »
    Jesus we've all moved on, theoldbreed.
    Some people clearly love arguing.

I have no interest in arguing or being a bitch.

I'm surprised that none of the bloggers/snappers have released brow products yet, since brows are a hot topic right now.

Fleur for eyelure, I know she's UK but she''s still doing pretty well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I think Chupi is a genuine jewellery designer. I had heard of her long before any blogger every mentioned her. She does have some beautiful pieces on her website. I guess if you want handmade, craftsmanship and take into account the cost of doing business and being an employer in Ireland - that's the price you are going to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I know Katie Mullally does the coin necklaces. Are there others doing them now too?

Edit: I see what ye're talking about now....Chupi has a farthing design one.

Damn I was going to go down that road for a layering effect but if they're going to become common as muck I'll have to have a rethink.

• Advertisement

I'd say if brow products were released it'd be Elizabeth Oakes Lorna Farrelly or Kim O'Sullivan that would release it and sell it. There's no bloggers with amazing brows and the majority of them have had free mictoblading done by one of the three I've mentioned

That’s exactly what I thought. They are already the experts in that area.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

GingerLily wrote: »
    Fleur for eyelure, I know she's UK but she''s still doing pretty well!

Oh yeah, I forget about UK bloggers in these chats. And I live in the UK!

I was looking at the Maybelline tattoo brow kits in Superdrug yesterday but chickened out of buying one. If it goes wrong you're stuck with it for 3 days!

Fleur's eyebrow pencil is great. I've been using the lightest shade one and it's a really good cool colour for blonde. I like her brow gel too. I think it was a smart move to team up with Eyelure to release those products rather than trying to create them yourself.
    I really like her so I tend to support whatever she brings out but was very impressed with the brow stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I hope sinead's product isn't anything to do with babies :pac: I want to support her and if it is, I won't be able to. Can't wait til she announces it anyway, you know it won't be something boring like brushes or lip kits

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Someone posted on galz who snap or one of those facebook groups there awhile back saying they knew someone who was close to Pippa and it was definitely homewares she is bringing out. I would say though she will expand the poco line into shirts, tops etc. in the near future.

poppies2 wrote: »
    Someone posted on galz who snap or one of those facebook groups there awhile back saying they knew someone who was close to Pippa and it was definitely homewares she is bringing out. I would say though she will expand the poco line into shirts, tops etc. in the near future.

Lol we're all excited now but it'll probably cost a fortune and be out of many folks price range :P

• Advertisement

I wonder if Sinead's release will be a natural ingredient body cream of some sort. She raved about the Moo Goo range when she had the baby. I actually bought the MG Baby Travel Pack for my friend when she had her baby, based on Sinead's recommendations and she loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Guys just an FYI I've deleted a few posts from new users that shouldn't be posting here, and from other posters replying etc.

If someone is posting here below post count/3 months on boards, do lets know, and report posts. And don't engage with them either, keep on topic of the thread.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I think Chupi is a genuine jewellery designer. I had heard of her long before any blogger every mentioned her. She does have some beautiful pieces on her website. I guess if you want handmade, craftsmanship and take into account the cost of doing business and being an employer in Ireland - that's the price you are going to pay.

She is genuine. She used to be a fashion designer and had a line in Topshop in Stephens Green before moving into jewellery. She's really sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Oh yeah, I forget about UK bloggers in these chats. And I live in the UK!

I was looking at the Maybelline tattoo brow kits in Superdrug yesterday but chickened out of buying one. If it goes wrong you're stuck with it for 3 days!

I bought one the last day and find it amazing!! Gives a lovely look and very natural! It's so easier to do as well and with a bit if perseverance and eye makeup remover you can get it off :P Usually I'd be sceptical if bloggers push it but it was on offer in boots!

Oh that's good to know! I saw the pulling on the video thing they sent as a press drop and it instantly the fear of my eyebrows coming off overtook me :D but I'd be really interested in a product that meant I don't have to fill mine in with a pencil every morning. I saw a lot of bloggers get them but have yet to see one of them demo it (what a waste!)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement