Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Oh that's good to know! I saw the pulling on the video thing they sent as a press drop and it instantly the fear of my eyebrows coming off overtook me :D but I'd be really interested in a product that meant I don't have to fill mine in with a pencil every morning. I saw a lot of bloggers get them but have yet to see one of them demo it (what a waste!)
    Beautynook has demo'd it - it could be in her latest youtube video. But she defo did it recently aswell on snapchat. She bought hers herself AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Excellent, thanks!

Prob off topic as she's not a blogger but Louise mcsharrey( who I love) has been given the new penneys skin care range to try out. She said she will give honest feedback after a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Prob off topic as she's not a blogger but Louise mcsharrey( who I love) has been given the new penneys skin care range to try out. She said she will give honest feedback after a while!

That will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

I don think MUF's lippie tour went well today very few snaps today. I'd say if there had of been a crowd there would have been loads of snaps on it

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

misslt wrote: »
    She is genuine. She used to be a fashion designer and had a line in Topshop in Stephens Green before moving into jewellery. She's really sweet.

If I’m honest Chupi giving many of the Bloggers free necklaces has sort of put me off her brand, I have a necklace and was fully planning on getting another piece last Christmas but when she did a press drop to bloggers it put me off.
    I normally don’t care what bloggers are sent but for some reason this really annoyed me !
    Have to agree though Chupi is lovely and her designs are fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I still can't believe SJ released stick on nails. I just think they are so 90s tbh. Granted, she has snaps of people wearing them, but I just think they are so insanely tacky.

Oh and BTW, my first ever Ali Express order arrived yesterday, these cross earrings 'from' Taylor & Rose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Ray37 wrote: »
    Oh and BTW, my first ever Ali Express order arrived yesterday, these cross earrings 'from' Taylor & Rose :)

(Sorry if off topic) How long did it take to deliver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I don think MUF's lippie tour went well today very few snaps today. I'd say if there had of been a crowd there would have been loads of snaps on it

It was a really bad day and time to have it! I'd say most of her followers were in work/school so couldn't go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

LizT wrote: »
    It was a really bad day and time to have it! I'd say most of her followers were in work/school so couldn't go.

I was wondering today who her target market by having it at such an odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't know who the time would suit? I would understand if it was in the summer when students have time off but I can't imagine any big crowds at 2 on a Wednesday.

In the middle of the day, on a week day... Bet we'll be hearing how the pharmacy messed it up in some way, hence the low attendance. There would 100% have been a ton more snaps if loads had turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Sufitzy wrote: »
    If I’m honest Chupi giving many of the Bloggers free necklaces has sort of put me off her brand, I have a necklace and was fully planning on getting another piece last Christmas but when she did a press drop to bloggers it put me off.
    I normally don’t care what bloggers are sent but for some reason this really annoyed me !
    Have to agree though Chupi is lovely and her designs are fab.

I was the same, I was all set to get my friend a piece for her 30th but when I saw the amount that she was dropped to bloggers I just decided to get something from Etsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

There's a small FB live video on Bradley's pharmacy FB page of the pixie tour

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

wendydoll wrote: »
    I was the same, I was all set to get my friend a piece for her 30th but when I saw the amount that she was dropped to bloggers I just decided to get something from Etsy.

Totally felt the same, was delighted and still am with my necklace and loved the fact it was Irish but don’t think I’d drop the hints for more knowing how much free jewelry they got !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

frogstar wrote: »
    There's a small FB live video on Bradley's pharmacy FB page of the pixie tour

Just watched it. There was no one there at all! It's pretty awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just watched it. There was no one there at all! It's pretty awkward.

I just saw as well. There really was no one there in that footage anyway! And the girl in the FB video is the same girl featured in Joanne's insta stories.
    Embarrassing for her.

:O I watched the video. Not many people at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aw god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

It was a ridiculous time of day in the middle of the week- what did she expect? Her followers would be in work/school. Bad planning on her part. I thought it was strange when I first heard the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

A while ago she spoke about releasing another product before the end of this year. Maybe she should have done this before this tour! The lip products have been out for months, even her own fans aren’t interested at this stage obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

At least she's working to try and promote them. It's not just releasing yet another product and posting fan photos.
    I feel like people are gleeful that there may not have been much of a turnout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

At least she's working to try and promote them. It's not just releasing yet another product and posting fan photos.

I feel sorry for her but it was also a disastrous business move on her part. What was she thinking?
    Weekends would have been ample sale time. Pharmacies are literally awash with young wans at weekends. She would have sold hundreds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I don't think people come across gleeful here but if I have that's not my intention. I feel pretty sorry for her if that was the result of all her appearances today. She did make the effort so, awkward timing like, etc aside, you would want it to work out for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Gleeful? Based off what. It was way too late after a release IMO. Whether it was her or another company, I still think 6 months after a product release and midday midweek was bound to have a crap turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

It was such a waste of her time. I'd be so upset if it was my promo thing but there's no way she should have agreed to doing a promo mid week in the middle of the day.

Even if she waited until after 6, she would have had a better turn out. But things like this should really be done on friday/saturday/sunday. My local chemist do ticketed events with local bloggers in the evening for an hour/90mins and they always have a great turn out and you are at least guaranteed the people will turn up especially as the price of the ticket is redeemable against the products.

Was she doing anything like that? Or was she just standing around showing her products?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I really think that Joanne should start working with a hair care brand that has products for hair loss. She was so animated speaking about what she used last week! I had no idea products like that were on the market, and don't need them, but I really enjoyed her snaps about them.

I understand that she doesn't want to become synonymous with hair loss, for professional and personal reasons. Constantly talking about what you're self conscious about could really take it's toll. But she struck a chord with people and got great feedback.

The lipgloss market is saturated. All the make up markets are saturated. I saw Sue post a picture of Emily Ratajkowski and say "her eyeshadow is giving serious Hot Fire palette vibes", or something along those lines. 30 seconds on instagram later told me she was wearing shadows from the Marc Jacobs palette that is 49 dollars online.

Why would anyone buy blogger make up when you can buy high end designer cosmetics that Hollywood celebs use for a tenner more?!?

Joanne needs a new niché.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I thought she looked lovely in the unedited video on the chemists page too

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Think I might get that Stila eyeshadow Joanne has been wearing lately. It's beautiful on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Aw I feel fierce sorry for her, I hope though it wasn't too bad. She did look lovely though. Joanne also looked approachable which I never picked up from her snapchat & instagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Think I might get that Stila eyeshadow Joanne has been wearing lately. It's beautiful on her.

Which one is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

GingerLily wrote: »
    Which one is that?

It's one of these, can't remember which shade, might be Bronzed Bell or Kitten Karma

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/stila/stila-magnificent-metals-glitter-glow-liquid-eye-shadow.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I thought she looked lovely in the unedited video on the chemists page too

I thought she looked like a completely different person to what she looks like on Insta and SC. She edits and filters her photos beyond recognition. It's sad cos she doesn't need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

It's one of these, can't remember which shade, might be Bronzed Bell or Kitten Karma

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/stila/stila-magnificent-metals-glitter-glow-liquid-eye-shadow.html

I think I remember her saying it's kitten karma :) sinead also rates them! Essence have dupes, I swatched them on my hand and they lasted ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Whoever the event team were behind that tour should be fired. Madness having it at that time. I feel very sorry for her that she went to the trouble of coming over here and nobody showing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It looked like there was that 1 girl who had showed up for the tour and it looked like everyone else was just going about their shopping and happened to be there at the same time as Joanne.
    I feel sorry for her that she went to the effort of trying to promote it and meet fans and there was such a poor turn out, but agree it would have been better to do it either late evening or at a weekend.
    She looks so lovely without the filters and editing, there is really no need at all for all the "curating" she does.

Why did she have the tour visits during the daytime and during the week? It doesn't make sense to me and I'm not involved in beauty, marketing, PR or anything like that. TBH it gives me the impression that she couldn't be ar$ed, maybe she was contractually obliged to do it with the supplier or her PR agency? Even the pharmacies involved could have or should have told her that footfall is lower on weekday afternoons. The pharmacies involved should have pushed her to have them in the evening times even for their own benefit, people going in for her tour would have bought other items surely. A local pharmacy to me has masterclasses, product evenings and demos every other week, they has some Lancevent last night. But they are held in the evening time, or a Fri or Sat afternoon.

Edit: who would have decided the time of the appearances, it doesn't make sense to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I imagine this was organised by Joanne to fit in with her own schedule as she is back on dublin to promote Dibi.

I'm sure the pharmacy expected bigger footfall on the back of her appearance but as has been said people are in work, school or college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I don't know why people feel sorry for her and her event being a let down. She picked very obviously unsuitable times. Her products (She had the make up brushes in their hideous bag on the "tour" also) are not interesting or competitively priced. Using phrases like big fish in a small pond in respect of how she viewed her blogging in Ireland hasn't helped her. Making her "blog" content all about her boyfriend has possibly turned a lot of her followers off her. Looking as tiny as Victoria Beckham in her photoshopped photos and then turning up looking completey different in real life (And nothing at all wrong with how she looks in real life either) isn't doing her any favours either. People are copping onto her more and more in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I think the "big fish in a small pond" comment will haunt her for years to come. Her work seems to have totally dried up since she moved to the UK.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I think the "big fish in a small pond" comment will haunt her for years to come. Her work seems to have totally dried up since she moved to the UK.

It does. She seems to have little work since moving. That comment was a case of her getting seriously ahead of herself I think and there was no need to say it.

Did she look into the UK blogging scene before she moved over there? I follow a couple of UK bloggers and they come across as very professional, regular blog posts, disclosure, proper looking websites and photos, well edited videos etc. Maybe they aren't indicative of the blogging scene in the UK, I don't know, but certainly the ones I follow come across as very professional and serious about blogging.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Did she look into the UK blogging scene before she moved over there? I follow a couple of UK bloggers and they come across as very professional, regular blog posts, disclosure, proper looking websites and photos, well edited videos etc. Maybe they aren't indicative of the blogging scene in the UK, I don't know, but certainly the ones I follow come across as very professional and serious about blogging.

You only have to look at Zoella, Fleur de Force, Tanya Burr, Sprinkle of Glitter et al to see its a completely different ball game over there.
    I'm not the biggest fan of most of the above but they are super professional, in every sense of the word and they have strong agencies behind them.
    How she thought her reach and following was on par with them is beyond me.

I feel for her. She went from being the big fish in a small pond to being the small fish in a big pond.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

She said something along the lines of thinking about moving there anyway. Had she not met Paul, who knows if she would or not. Some of the British bloggers I follow sound exactly as you describe - very professional images, videos, interesting and very regular content,etc. In comparison, with social media showing very little more than a boyfriend, I'm not sure how MUF can compete over there. I feel that she herself is her brand and that's what the followers here like. Making it all about him now is turning followers off. Brand items that she has brought out don't seem to have the same appeal to her fans as Sue's products do for her fans. MUF would do well to realise that she is the most important element of her brand and get back to that instead of both making it all about the new fella and also allowing him take over her brand because that is how it is looking.

You only have to look at Zoella, Fleur de Force, Tanya Burr, Sprinkle of Glitter et al to see its a completely different ball game over there.
    I'm not the biggest fan of most of the above but they are super professional, in every sense of the word and they have strong agencies behind them.
    How she thought her reach and following was on par with them is beyond me.

Very bad judgment on her part. #notions

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

It’s stunning I need to get it as far as I know the xmas version of them will be out soon pack of 3 smaller size for around the same price as one

Her products are aimed at the Irish market. One of the reasons I can see her not being as successful in comparison to Sue, is the products she released and also the fact that she’s not here to promote properly. Like how costly would it have been for her to fly from London to Dublin in order to do her lip kit tour instead of just getting a taxi into town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

It seems that she’s not as popular here as she used to be in fairness since she moved she barely does anything here just releases products ,, it was bad timing on her part but I also know a large number of secondary school children in Dublin close to Bradley’s finish early every Wednesday so I am surprised sh didn’t get a better turn out ,,,,
    The footage they put up in Facebook of her shows how edited her content is she looks nothing like she does in her own posts she looks lovely in the Bradley’s video why she over filters everything is beyond me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement