Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

She's not in the same league as Sue as much as she would like to think she is. I have never bought any of Sues products but I will say one thing for her, she knows how to launch and promote a product very well. You can't compete with the big guns when you don't promote your products correctly. The amount of money the likes of Pippa and Sue spend on launching a new product. No expense spared and it's done well with the media being there on the night to get the word out there. You don't organise a "tour" on a midweek day an expect a big turn out. Not sure if that was her own fault or a PR company. It makes you look like an amateur.

From what I can see, it was convenient for her to do it yesterday while over here promoting something else. I definitely think the UK market is way out of her reach and she would need to step up her game massively to compete with a lot of the Bloggers over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

It looks like a misfire, which happens, so hopefully she uses it as a learning experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

scarbouro wrote: »
    She's not in the same league as Sue as much as she would like to think she is. I have never bought any of Sues products but I will say one thing for her, she knows how to launch and promote a product very well. You can't compete with the big guns when you don't promote your products correctly. The amount of money the likes of Pippa and Sue spend on launching a new product. No expense spared and it's done well with the media being there on the night to get the word out there. You don't organise a "tour" on a midweek day an expect a big turn out. Not sure if that was her own fault or a PR company. It makes you look like an amateur.

From what I can see, it was convenient for her to do it yesterday while over here promoting something else. I definitely think the UK market is way out of her reach and she would need to step up her game massively to compete with a lot of the Bloggers over there.

Definitely a case of it just being convenient for her as she is over here anyway for that Dibi launch. But I'll bet she thought her popularity alone would bring the masses in without any promoting ,etc. What a shock yesterday to have only a handful of people turn up. <removed>. This should be a wake up call for her to up her game and properly start working on her blog and brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I wonder did the elderly lady in the video buy herself any lip kits :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

anna080 wrote: »
    I wonder did the elderly lady in the video buy herself any lip kits :pac:

Haha Anna. Maybe she bought the make up brushes and has since been using the star shaped bag as a handbag/pillow/ornament!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I spotted her lip kits going for 20e in my local pharmacy. They are obviously finding them hard to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

MUF looks nicer in the video to me than she looks in her filtered pics. Lovely and natural and much more realistic!
    Now I'm not going to lie, I'm fond of an ould filter myself but she definitely overdoes it a bit and doesn't need to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Pippa looked amazing yesterday meeting Victoria Beckham.

Actually that was more bad timing on Joanne's part. I know VB's was essentially a press event - but having it on that day with such hype surrounding VB's appearance etc, made Joanne's venture look that little bit worse, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Pippa always looks amazing, even when she's at home with no make up on and in her loungewear. She's very classy. And she looks the exact same IRL as she does on snapchat.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

How come MUF didn’t meet VB yesterday? She seems like the only big influencer that didn’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Her brushes are now reduced and once there sold out this time they are no longer available! I've never seen them on a pharmacy, wanted to see them in real life!

I love the looks of VB stuff most of the beauty bloggers showed what they got not all tho! They got quite a lot, but some bought a few bits them self which is nice to see. V expensive tho!

Does sosu do the nails varnishes anymore or are they gone now again?
    Also is the Pippa pallette forgotten about. Know it's still for sale but don't really see it mentioned much by Pippa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I must be the only person who doesn't follow Pippa! I must add her to see what all the fuss is about.

I must be the only person who doesn't follow Pippa! I must add her to see what all the fuss is about.

I don't follow her either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Me neither. Nothing against her at all but I find the beautiful truth, fairy and doireann enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Me neither. Nothing against her at all but I find the beautiful truth, fairy and doireann enough!

I don't like Pippas use of affliate links, I wish she'd put the brand up also so I don't have to click a link on my bandy phone to find out if it's ASOS or River Island, but I do think she is very professional and smart to not spread herself too thinly e.g. try crack the large UK market.

I also like that she's had bad eyebrows in the past - don't ask me why but that makes her very endearing to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Don't follow her either but met her a few times through work and she was very nice.

I don’t follow her either. Haha I never realised that there were a good few of us that didn’t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Me neither

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Where can I find the Bradley's video? Can't see it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh thank goodness, I don't follow Pippa either. I was afraid to say so. I actually don't think I know who she is exactly, not sure if I'd be able to pick her out. I've only ever heard of her jeans because of this thread.

I've noticed that one of my local (small) pharmacies has started selling blogger merch. I think it's because the bigger pharmacies have contracts with brand names like Estee Lauder & Smashbox.

Siobhnk wrote:

It's on their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Siobhnk wrote: »

https://m.facebook.com/bradleyspharmacyireland/video_grid/

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

Omg that is cringe. I really like her as a blogger and I feel bad that that was the turnout. It was just a terrible choice of day and time. She looks so pretty in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ah I was looking at the wrong page! She has a lovely healthy figure in the video, she looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

How embarrassing; barely anyone turned up. Seems to me Joanne's popularity is all in her own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Cria wrote: »
    It’s stunning I need to get it as far as I know the xmas version of them will be out soon pack of 3 smaller size for around the same price as one

The Essence ones are absolutely brilliant, I've been switching between two of them this week and the amount of comments I've gotten about my eyeshadow! I use the Wet & Wild primer and they don't budge at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

So sue me releasing foundation in the coming months. Be interesting to see how this goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Pippa just showed a Dior lipstick and I'm not sure if the packaging is lovely or it looks like a dildo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Pippa just showed a Dior lipstick and I'm not sure if the packaging is lovely or it looks like a dildo.
    I thought it looked like something out of 50 Shades too!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    The Essence ones are absolutely brilliant, I've been switching between two of them this week and the amount of comments I've gotten about my eyeshadow! I use the Wet & Wild primer and they don't budge at all.

Really I must get the essence ones I bought an inglot liquid eyeshadow today because I couldn’t get my hands on the stilla one it’s fab but not as nice as the stilla

I seen that Huda Beauty is coming to Brown Thomas.

How much is Sue's foundation?

The Ordinary is my new love. I use their high coverage one and it's as good as Urban Decay All Nighter IMO (which I had used previously as my "going out" makeup). I wear it during the day too if my skin is going through a bad patch and it doesn't look cakey or too heavy like some heavy coverage foundations can look in daylight. And only £7.95 including delivery. Plus so many colours. Can't recommend it enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Foundation is a dodgy one to be bringing out, so many different ones and you need a fairly broad spectrum of shades to match the variation of skin tones. Rhianna's new line has been applauded for this very reason, 40+ shades.
    It also needs to be a top quality.

I thought she used stuff from her contour pallette as a foundation? She's claimed that numerous times

The Ordinary is my new love. I use their high coverage one and it's as good as Urban Decay All Nighter IMO (which I had used previously as my "going out" makeup). I wear it during the day too if my skin is going through a bad patch and it doesn't look cakey or too heavy like some heavy coverage foundations can look in daylight. And only £7.95 including delivery. Plus so many colours. Can't recommend it enough.

Oh really? I ordered two bottles of it and it came during the week but haven't tried it yet! Excited now!

laylag wrote: »
    Oh really? I ordered two bottles of it and it came during the week but haven't tried it yet! Excited now!

I hate it, it looks like chalk on my skin, but just backs up the point that foundation is extremely personal

How much is Sue's foundation?

Need to try this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I can't imagine a foundation doing well at all. Already so many amazing, affordable products established on the market.

• Advertisement

I have to say, releasing foundations is a hard task. It could go right but there is a lot that can go wrong

GingerLily wrote: »
    I hate it, it looks like chalk on my skin, but just backs up the point that foundation is extremely personal

Did you try the coverage or serum? My colleague ordered the serum and she loves it. She tried my coverage on her skin and hated it!

Not sure how well a foundation will sell. As people have mentioned getting the skin tones correct will be a big thing. There's no point in only bringing out 5 shades. Wonder what the price will be, especially when there are so many affordable foundations on the market already. I can't see people giving up their favorite foundation and buying one from a blogger. I suppose she might be gearing it towards teenagers who are just starting out with makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

From the sounds of it she wants it to suit every skin type! Don't think that is possible is it? Will be interesting to see what happens with it! Agree will be hard done as in so nany skin tones and shades it won't suit everyone! If she sticks with her usually price point I can't see many buying! €30 would be silly for a blogger foundation. 2 months to get the formula right from scratch hmmm is that possible!? Wonder will her tan be out for Xmas? Or will she bring her Lipstick out for Xmas? She mentioned them on honeymoon!

Did you try the coverage or serum? My colleague ordered the serum and she loves it. She tried my coverage on her skin and hated it!

The coverage one!

I might try the serum one eventually, I'm not wearing much foundation lately during the day - just an illuminating serum and concealer so I'm only really interested in foundation for evening / nights out situations.

I don't blame the ordinary - it seems to work very well for some, but not on my dry* skin.

*it's technically dry but I moisturize so well that oil control is more my problem :D

I categorically wouldn’t spend €30 on a foundation she brought out simply because to me that’s along the same price lines as Mac, Urban Decay etc I think it’d be hard for her to get this right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

Sue has such a following, it will be a success weather its good or not!

The slippers will be the next thing...if she has any sense :-)

Rimmel foundations are what...€13-16? It would be mad for her to bring out a mid-price range foundation (>€20) but I can't see her bringing out a budget one going by the cost of her other products.

The majority of her products are around the €30 mark. I don't think she's afraid to hike up the price. Sure she sells fake nails for a tenner! But if her price is too high she won't get people buying it as I'm sure people would rather spend that money on the likes of Mac. If the price was right she might target teenagers or young students. I think people are very picky about foundation. The eyeshadow pallette didn't do so well, I'd be playing it safe on the next product tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement