Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

pc7 wrote: »
    Where they all from aliexpress too?

Probably! It was a 5 piece set called The Elite Collection. 40euro RRP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Probably! It was a 5 piece set called The Elite Collection. 40euro RRP.

Are they on the market yet? Just what we all need... more brushes..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

anna080 wrote: »
    Are they on the market yet? Just what we all need... more brushes..

No she hasn't even announced them yet!

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    No she hasn't even announced them yet!

Lol! They look so generic. Just like every other set of brushes that have been released by everyone and their cat lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

You'd think that with the market being so over saturated here they would a) release something different or original. Do we really need more generic brushes? b) something of good decent quality with a great Usp

It doesn't matter to some people they just buy it because of who released it. Drives me insane how people here couldn't give two bananas that they are being ripped off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Hmmm wonder is Ellen bringing out candles... I saw one on conrads snaps she hid at the end but you could see what it was!! Not my thing but it is something I noticed she is quite into so might work great for her! No one else has them either!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

What do people think of the sculpted pallet by Aimee Connolly I think her name is. Is that all white label overpriced too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What do people think of the sculpted pallet by Aimee Connolly I think her name is. Is that all white label overpriced too?

I don't know about the pallette but the brush is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

So su giving tips how to use the hot fire palette the last few days. Todays tip "don't over set your base they using the palette, a light concealer is all that is needed" is that code for they are a nightmare to blend out....

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

She apparently was a bit miffed on her snapchat over the weekend about some reviews the palette has gotten from some MUA saying it's not very pigmented and the colours don't last and there is a lot of fall out. She made some very passive aggressive comments about how it's not made for professionals or those who like "witchy eyes"/a dark smokey eye (something she's worn herself pre-this palette) and not for major blending.... Also that she would be doing tutorials on how to use it (as they were apparently doing it wrong?), she then did her eye make up and snapped it later on, the colours had definitely faded.
    Its an eye shadow palette, you shouldn't need a tutorial on how to use it, and blending is a good thing.

• Advertisement

It's not the 00's, everyone knows how to blend...no one needs a tutorial or need to pay for her to show you how to use the fecking palette.

I'd rather save my money and by the likes of make up revolutions flawless 4 palette, colours are basically the same as the hot fire palette.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I personally would rather pay another 17euro and buy the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

idunno78 wrote: »
    Hmmm wonder is Ellen bringing out candles... I saw one on conrads snaps she hid at the end but you could see what it was!! Not my thing but it is something I noticed she is quite into so might work great for her! No one else has them either!

I thought it might be Pippas new product line!

Digs wrote: »
    I thought it might be Pippas new product line!

Pippa is def doing an interiors line. Have a friend in the know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yeah I figured it was something along those lines alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

She has certainly been leading up to it the past few days with all her house move and redecorating talk. We only bothered doing up with half the house when we first moved in and now I've gotten so lazy with finishing off the rest (sure it's liveable, too much effort to clear out rooms!). I'm hoping her talk of interiors will spur me on to finish the house.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    She has certainly been leading up to it the past few days with all her house move and redecorating talk. We only bothered doing up with half the house when we first moved in and now I've gotten so lazy with finishing off the rest (sure it's liveable, too much effort to clear out rooms!). I'm hoping her talk of interiors will spur me on to finish the house.

I know! She is so lucky to have the money and resources to decorate with such lovely bits. Kinda depressing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Ya it's very true like MAC, urban decay etc are around for years, have teams of people developing products, have the money to put behind testing new products etc and while it is nice to support someone local if these are mass produced products bought from China for half nothing then is that really what we want to be supporting and encouraging? No matter what any of these bloggers release it will do well here because they have ready made audiences waiting to buy the product before they even know what the product is. They are friends or at least know all the other bloggers and press and media people etc so they already have an advantage on any other joe soap trying to get their name out there. None of these products have a market outside of Ireland really from what I can see apart from maybe the sosu lashes which primark stock but if you were in another country and never heard of the person behind the brand you wouldn't dream of buying these items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Did anyone see Live Lavishly's snaps with swatches of SoSue's eye palette?

She did finger and brush swatches.

The lack of pigmentation is shocking for the price they cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

The beautiful truth has snaps up from last night about how you should swatch eyeshadow with a brush instead of your fingers. She seemed to hint that so sue has asked her to review her palette and sinead said no because she only reviews things that she gets good use out of herself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

The beautiful truth has snaps up from last night about how you should swatch eyeshadow with a brush instead of your fingers. She seemed to hint that so sue has asked her to review her palette and sinead said no because she only reviews things that she gets good use out of herself :pac:

Just watched the snaps. You are so right . She was getting her point across with out naming, but it must be Sue's. Good for Sinead, I do trust her opinions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

The beautiful truth is releasing a product range too. It might be the first blogger product I actually buy! She hasn't said yet what it is but it's not not makeup, and it's 100% Irish made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Just watched the snaps. You are so right . She was getting her point across with out naming, but it must be Sue's. Good for Sinead, I do trust her opinions!
    I saw those this morning, love how she did it without naming names or being harsh.
    ciaradx wrote: »
    The beautiful truth is releasing a product range too. It might be the first blogger product I actually buy! She hasn't said yet what it is but it's not not makeup, and it's 100% Irish made.
    I can't wait to see what it is, I love Sinead and would have no bother buying her products and supporting her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Another sinead supporter here. Completely trust her opinions and recommendations

She's a dote. I adore her. She's made of better stuff than all the others put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

She's so good for replying to snaps too, I basically told her she's the best of the lot of them and never to change and she wrote back to me and said "I won't I promise" she's a pet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

SoSueMe's eyes are pretty witchy tonight, and she has done that look loads before too.
    I think she just knows the pallette is crap. It's a pity because the colours are nice, she just went cheap on the product to bulk up her own profit margin.

Sosueme has released another product - fake nails. Again probably a good market for these from her followers but I feel like she's releasing so many products now that it's just becoming one big cheapy white label range. There's no way she's developing all these from scratch as much as she'd like people to think she is what with the wedding and everything else where would she have the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

Why would you spend 9.95 on a set of nails, when Penny's do a great range of false nails for 1.50?! I don't think these will do as well. I think she's over doing it with all these new products. Just concentrate on getting one out there and promoting it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Fake hair, lashes, teeth, probable botox and lip injectionscos her face is gone really weird lately and now nails. It's so ick.
    Did she do her how to apply bad eyeshadow tutorial yet?
    Why does she go on holiday to release new products!?

Oh I didn't watch past the point where she said they were fake nails as not my thing so didn't hear the price point! I thought they'd be cheap, stocked in penneys type product. Ya she is Just randomly releasing more and more products it's just too much every couple of weeks I think. Do you think all her followers can afford to buy all these new releases when they are coming so close together?

It is quite interesting that she seems to be away every time she releases a new product

It is quite interesting that she seems to be away every time she releases a new product

Because she can create better photos and content for her accounts when she is away in some exotic location which drives more traffic to her pages and so her products get more exposure than if she was at home eating a dominos I'd imagine...

Because she can create better photos and content for her accounts when she is away in some exotic location which drives more traffic to her pages and so her products get more exposure than if she was at home eating a dominos I'd imagine...

I actually didn't think of that! Quite right though. Her products do look better beside a private pool ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Like everything her stuff will only be popular so long so she's probably thinking fire as much out as quick
    As she can to make the cash. White labels are working for her, no real time/investment needed and they are lapped up.

I think nails are a bad idea at that price. With Shellac and Gel nails being quite affordable and longer lasting (I know of places you can get them done really well for 20), why would anyone spend 10 on some stick on ones? They also look really cheap in my opinion.
    Its her constant denial her products or anything to do with her are white label, that annoys me. They clearly are. She claims everything to do with her is "bespoke" or designed by her. Jesus it's a wonder that she's not got a show in NYFW with how talented she is at designing things....:getlost:

Shouldn't she not be allowed use the word 'bespoke' to describe her nail products? I don't think she knows what the word actually means, but regardless, using the word bespoke to describe her product is wrong because they aren't ha.

Well the bespoke was referring more to her engagement rings and wedding dress, from what she's said and I suppose they are bespoke in that respect but she also adds in "designed from scratch" when what's happened is they took an existing design in the shop and tweaked it.

I'd imagine her products are the same, she's taken a base sample and then tweaked it and thinks that means she can say "designed from scratch".

I've said it before, taking a product to market does require a lot of work, and then to get a vendor such as Primark/Penneys to sell them is huge win and no one can deny her success in that respect but her insistence that she's doing all this from scratch is laughable especially when you see how much free/holiday time she has. Most people who start a business in the first few years don't have time or money to scratch themselves, because they ARE starting from scratch. Its more and more obvious she's picking these items out from a catalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

No idea why anyone would buy these. I pay 20 for acrylic refills and they last a month. I wouldn't get 2 days out of press-on fakes. The glue goes all soft on me after a couple of showers.
    Also, aren't press-on nails really old-fashioned? I suppose maybe they're aimed at teenagers who can't afford regular nail extensions from a salon.

• Advertisement

I know! a tenner for some press ons is a bit much! I'm sure she'll claim you can reuse them 34 times as she's formulated a magic glue that doesn't trash your natural nail or destroy the press ons.
    Either way, her minions will buy whatever she's selling but it'll be interesting to see how these are received, her eyeshadow palette has definitely gotten mixed reviews, more so than any of her previous make up releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Holly Carpenters line is being reported as jewellery. Apparently she has already said that this is what it is in interviews to the press since the beginning of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Another aliexpress job I wonder?

I bought a rake of jewellery off aliexpress there after the beautiful truth showed her haul, I was sickened to find stuff I bought off betty and biddy for a fraction of the cost! I'll see what the quality is like, but I'd imagine it's the same. I was actually quite surprised that one of the necklaces I bought off b&b was quite plastic feeling when I paid €30 for it, was expecting better quality. I know now, and paid about €7 on aliexpress for one I had my eye on that was on sale in Jennifer wrynne and betty and biddy for €30 :D

It really would put me off buying jewellery from one of those websites again. I'm all for supporting Irish, but not when they're trying to pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Another aliexpress job I wonder?

I bought a rake of jewellery off aliexpress there after the beautiful truth showed her haul, I was sickened to find stuff I bought off betty and biddy for a fraction of the cost! I'll see what the quality is like, but I'd imagine it's the same. I was actually quite surprised that one of the necklaces I bought off b&b was quite plastic feeling when I paid €30 for it, was expecting better quality. I know now, and paid about €7 on aliexpress for one I had my eye on that was on sale in Jennifer wrynne and betty and biddy for €30 :D

It really would put me off buying jewellery from one of those websites again. I'm all for supporting Irish, but not when they're trying to pull a fast one.

I promise you Siobhnk, it will be the same quality as the stuff Jennifer Wrynne and Betty and Biddy sells, just supplied on a basic display card on the likes you see on jewellery in penneys. I ordered loads of jewellery bits over the last few weeks from ali express. Everything is perfect.

Have the mary necklace on betty and biddy, retails on that site €28, I got it on aliexpress for €6.57. You'd be sickened to be paying the prices boutiques are looking for when they are buying them for half nothing on ali express

Their Zeena necklace is on aliexpress from €5.60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I'm so disappointed in Jennifer Wrynne, she is an extremely taleneted milliner no doubt, but the fact that she is buying from Ali Express and re selling with a huge mark up is so lazy. I hate that style of 'business', she'd be so much better off selling jewelry and bags from Irish designers. :(

Ray37 wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed in Jennifer Wrynne, she is an extremely taleneted milliner no doubt, but the fact that she is buying from Ali Express and re selling with a huge mark up is so lazy. I hate that style of 'business', she'd be so much better off selling jewelry and bags from Irish designers. :(

Yeah I'm the same when I discovered what she was doing, I had to out it on here. It's the mark up that annoys me. 4 times the original price in most cases

I love her style and she's a fantastic milliner. But every time I hear her say "The tassel earrings, you can get in my boutique, this necklace you can get it from my boutique" and I mutter to myself "or aliexpress for a few euro"

I went on Jennifer Wrynnes website after someone showed the photos of the bags earlier in this thread that were straight from the ali express listing. Whatever about her selling bags and jewellery that are sourced from China I was surprised to see some bridal headpieces that are from Ali express (again it's the aliexpress images used). That's just so lazy and for someone who claims that all her headpieces are completely made by hand by her (which I would even doubt I'd say her mam makes a lot of the stuff too) it's a bit misleading to her customers when they are actually buying some mass produced thing from China.

As someone else said above I'm all about supporting Irish but why not support brands like Chupi who might be a little pricier but who's pieces aren't fast fashion they are rings or necklaces etc that you'd have forever.

And on the same note I have seen so many features of Ciara O'Dohertys aliexpress stuff on tv3 and in some magazines etc. The fashion editors and people who put those to progams together should be supporting Irish design not helping to promote imported cheap pieces that are marked up to ten times the price. When her range launched I saw some small time bloggers saying that it was a range she had created especially for Irish women and others saying she made them. So I don't know if that's the impression she was giving at her launch but clearly they didn't realise these are "carefully chosen" from Aliexpress.

Rant over 😠I really really hope Hollys isn't the same crap it's just setting a precedent for what they can all get away with

Holly Carpenters line is being reported as jewellery. Apparently she has already said that this is what it is in interviews to the press since the beginning of the year.
    You're right I googled her name and jewellery and there were a few articles about it. The articles were talking about how she is very creative and loves drawing etc so I am really hoping that she has at least designed the jewellery line herself

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Do people call them out about the aliexpress stuff?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement