Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

pc7 wrote: »
    Do people call them out about the aliexpress stuff?

Not sure I don't really follow any of them closely enough to see anyone comment about it but I'm sure it would be swiftly deleted if it was mentioned and the person banned...

The ironic part of Ciara O'Doherty is that most of her content is showing people where to find dupes online of designer bags etc because god forbid people would pay those prices when you can get something so similar straight from China for a tenth of the cost but then her own products are from China but charging ten times the price she should do a video showing people where to source her jewellery etc for $2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I think Rosie Connolly and Suzanne Jackson block anyone who dared to question the white label status of their products

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Lindy97 wrote: »
    I think Rosie Connolly and Suzanne Jackson block anyone who dared to question the white label status of their products

Yea they do and the make up fairy does too .. Suzanne Jackson doesn't understand the concept of white labelling I wish someone in her circle would explain it to her she keeps saying she makes her products from scratch only the largest companies like mac ect do that even kylie Jenner shares a factory with other brands and only changes the packaging on some of her make up ,,, she's making herself look like an idiot everytime she says that she makes them from scratch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The actual neck of them saying support Irish. Support China more like

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I actually went into Jennifer Wrynne's boutique to buy a clutch bag that I had seen online. Luckily I held off because I found the exact bag on Aliexpress for over 70e cheaper. I have attached screenshots.

She made a hat for my mum for a wedding before and it was stunning. I am disappointed in her.

Holy crap that's a hell of a mark up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

€70!!! My god that's robbery

Has anyone ordered from ali express does it take ages and can you use pay pal have many of you ordered stuff that is marked up over here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Jaysis. This is mad and gas all at once. I have to say though all this talk about bloggers , products and pieces has given me a goo to splurge on random items. They will definitely be from china though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Cria wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from ali express does it take ages and can you use pay pal have many of you ordered stuff that is marked up over here

It took about 3 weeks for my stuff to come. You have to pay customs over a certain price (there is a customs calculator online that I used to estimate it). For cheap items like that bag, you wouldn't have to. The postage was free. I paid with Visa debit. I don't think paypal is allowed. Postage is free on many items.

blairbear wrote: »
    It took about 3 weeks for my stuff to come. You have to pay customs over a certain price (there is a customs calculator online that I used to estimate it). For cheap items like that bag, you wouldn't have to. The postage was free. I paid with Visa debit. I don't think paypal is allowed. Postage is free on many items.

I must have a good luck thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

blairbear wrote: »

Same here. I've bought loads over the last few weeks when I discovered the stuff Jennifer Wrynne was selling was aliexpress. My last order was over €30, contained 7 necklaces and it was marked on the parcel it was valued at $14 dollars. I think can get a refund for custom charges if you are charged them.

Have had zero issues with them. Delivery is 2-3 weeks and I paid with my Visa Debit.

If you saw a clutch you'd like on jennifer wrynnes website and wanted to get it, 100% advise you take the time out to find for it on aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

What really bothers me most about the items on Jennifer Wrynne's shop is that she can't even be bothered to take her own photos of the bags for her site. She literally takes the picture from AliExpress. It's so brazen.

Thanks guys I've just picked up a piece that JW resells at €35 for €8 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

To answer somebodies question above, if you ask them about it, yes, you will be blocked. I asked Rosie before about her sunnies, I knew full well she bulk ordered them from China, but very nicely asked her did she modify hers in any way as I had bought the same styles off a well known website (I knew she didn't, but wanted to see would she lie). She didnt even have the decency to reply, she blocked me right away. And I made sure to ask in a non accusatory tone, as some of these poor delicate flowers take any kind of questioning to be from 'haters'. I think it's GAS that they call themselves 'business women' and 'girl bosses', yet don't have the balls to answer questions about their crap products. They are cheapening those phrases tbh, and it's nothing more than conning what they are doing. Sue is a joke too, she hasn't a clue what white labelling even means, yet denies she does it. There is no question there her products are white labelled, she fires them out so fast there is no way they are 'made from scratch'. It's embarassing that someone of her status doesnt even know what it means like. I think she's releasing too many things too fast, there's very little quality control, the eyeshadow palette has been torn apart in the beauty community.... And she still tries to tell her followers they need to 'learn how to use it'... Sorry, I don't think people who buy palettes need a lesson on how to use it, they'd hardly be using makeup if that was the case. She really should have stayed quiet and let the positive reviews speak for themselves (if there were any)...

• Advertisement

Thanks guys I've just picked up a piece that JW resells at €35 for €8 !

You mean you didn't fork out the €27 extra for the Jennifer Wrynne display card :eek::rolleyes: Hope you enjoy your purchase Flippyfloppy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I don't follow, Sue, Rosie, Joanne or many of the big bloggers who have brought out products.
    But I do follow Pippa and Marissa Carter. And one thing I want to point out is that they have both spoken before on social media about specific things they do in their business.

Pippa has spoken about fabric samples, stitching, trialling samples, what she was aiming for with styles and fits, problems with warehousing and distribution etc. I remember when she launched the first ones on her website and there were glitches she was on hand on her social media giving updates, helping out etc. She left no doubt that she is involved in the process rather than just putting her name, face and brand to a product.

Likewise with Marissa, she speaks in detail about her products, she has often spoken about manufacturing, about trialling products, about specific ingredients that are in her products why they are used etc. She is also quite involved in the Women in Business scene in Ireland.

So those of you who follow Sue, Rosie, MUF and any others who have brought out products - do they talk about stuff like this on their social media?

Not at all! 😂

Sunny Dayz, NEVER! Rosie alluded to having a 'team' before, I'd say it's her and her fella posting the sunnies off. The distinct lack of behind the scenes info is always a red flag and screams 'white label' to me. Sure they fall over themselves to snap every other aspect of their lives, surely if they were at the factories or labs they'd be snapping this stuff to garner interest too. I find it a bit insulting TBH that they think people don't cop.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I don't follow, Sue, Rosie, Joanne or many of the big bloggers who have brought out products.
    But I do follow Pippa and Marissa Carter. And one thing I want to point out is that they have both spoken before on social media about specific things they do in their business.

Pippa has spoken about fabric samples, stitching, trialling samples, what she was aiming for with styles and fits, problems with warehousing and distribution etc. I remember when she launched the first ones on her website and there were glitches she was on hand on her social media giving updates, helping out etc. She left no doubt that she is involved in the process rather than just putting her name, face and brand to a product.

Likewise with Marissa, she speaks in detail about her products, she has often spoken about manufacturing, about trialling products, about specific ingredients that are in her products why they are used etc. She is also quite involved in the Women in Business scene in Ireland.

So those of you who follow Sue, Rosie, MUF and any others who have brought out products - do they talk about stuff like this on their social media?

Not one behind the scenes detail it's all I've a new product it's a surprise then that just announce it when it's done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

I think Just Jordan might be announcing hers tonight. She was talking about having her snaps off last night and said she had better have then open tonight and then tried to wink. She put one up recently saying stomach in not followed by those party/celebration emojis

wendydoll wrote: »
    You mean you didn't fork out the €27 extra for the Jennifer Wrynne display card :eek::rolleyes: Hope you enjoy your purchase Flippyfloppy

This one was from DHgate in case people are looking. Will be worth the wait ;) how do I feel like I got a bargain just because she sells it over the odds!? Do they have no conscience like? It's not quite the same as buying wholesale because the products are all available to the public !

Lisa's first product is a lipstick/gloss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Slightly disapointed she went with a lip gloss however I love her and would like her style and colours so I'll support her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Delighted for Lisa, hope they do well.

I'd love to buy but I don't wear some of the colours so I'll give it a miss. Hopefully her next product is something I can purchase :)

I'm gonna be such a negative Nancy here, while I think they look quite pretty, I am certain they are just another white labelled product. Every reality star and their granny is doing them in the UK. I'm not impressed at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'm surprised they're glosses, they look lovely though. Not sure if I would purchase on presale though. I also hate that you can't buy them separately, MUF does the same- I wouldn't be interested in spending €30 if I wouldn't wear the majority of the colours.

Fair play to her though, I thought her announcement video on Facebook was very sweet and genuine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

Tbh I was waiting eagerly for the announcement and I was really disappointed. Another lip gloss.... Really?! It's getting old now. I thought her announcement was very unprofessional. I know she's a down to earth girl but thought it could be done so much better imo.

I think it will be interesting to see her packaging vs MUF'S. Will definitely be more grown up I think and I don't think her face will be plastered all over them. Colours probably won't suit me so I might have to see what the next product is. Is there a price point yet?

MUF will be enraged that another blogger has lip products out

• Advertisement

MUF will be enraged that another blogger has lip products out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

"Enhance your natural lip colour with so ruby hues. Pink Ruby layers so blush tones with a delicate glossy finish that will leave you feeling amazing. "

"The perfect peachy nude with a so matt finish. "

I can't understand what the "so" is short for in the description!!

I'm not surprised it's a lip product but I am surprised it's glosses. I thought JJ preferred a matte or satin finish! The packaging and little box is 100 times better than the enchant ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

One thing about the whole white labelling is there are people like Suzanne, MUF, just Jordan etc who are bringing out products that we don't believe they made from scratch but at least all of their packaging etc is completely personalised and I'm sure that in itself requires a lot of work to get it right. I'd also imagine that if you have stuff branded with your own face on it you'd probably have fairly large minimum order quantities. So it's not like you or I could go on aliexpress and buy the eyeshadow pallet or the lipgloss ourselves. And even though I'm not interested in a so sue me pallet if I had to choose between it and some generic one off a Chinese website I'd go with her branded one because I'd trust it more.

But then on the other hand if it is a product like a handbag, some earrings, a hairband etc that is readily available on aliexpress and you don't have to buy big quantities you can buy one if you want and get free shipping then that's just the ultimate in laziness to sell that and call that your own product. They aren't altering it in anyway to make it their own it's the same generic item that anyone else has access to buy. And then to not even take your own photos of it but use the ones off aliexpress? Come on stop trying to pull the wool over people's eyes

Same sh|t different day.

Can't believe she released lip glosses I was sure she was going to be different to the rest I've never seen her wear lip gloss

×4 glosses = €30 so your looking at €7.50 per gloss.

I do prefer her packaging way more than MUF, it's very sleek and simple. Not in your face like the enchant packaging.

I'll be holding out like I said but hopefully they're a decent enough product.

I guess we'll see in October!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Lipgloss? Snore.

Luna by Lisa
    Poco by Pippa
    SoSue by SJ

I mean... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Luna by Lisa is the only one that doesn't give me a pain in my face

• Advertisement

My local chemist is shocking the SOSU nails, had a look at them when in there today, my god they look really tack! Specially the pierced ones.

They sold 3 sets of them while I was waiting on my prescription so I'm sure they are flying off the shelves elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Yeah I'm not a fan of press on nails but these ones look especially cheap, both in design and quality

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Is it me or have the fake nails been Photoshopped onto the hand?
    Especially the thumb and pinky. It doesn't look right.

https://www.sosubysj.com/collections/beauty-1/products/ballerina-cosmic-pink

Cosmic-Pink_1024x1024.jpg?v=1505230358

It's even more obvious with the Wedding Nail - zoom in on the main photo

https://www.sosubysj.com/collections/false-nails/products/the-wedding-nail

Looks like they just took a couple of hand photos on the marble table and Photoshopped each set on:

http://sosueme.ie/the-hair-and-beauty-room/my-sosubysj-nails-all-your-questions-answered/

Is it me or have the fake nails been Photoshopped onto the hand?
    Especially the thumb and pinky. It doesn't look right.

https://www.sosubysj.com/collections/beauty-1/products/ballerina-cosmic-pink

Cosmic-Pink_1024x1024.jpg?v=1505230358

It's even more obvious with the Wedding Nail - zoom in on the main photo

https://www.sosubysj.com/collections/false-nails/products/the-wedding-nail

Looks like they just took a couple of hand photos on the marble table and Photoshopped each set on:

http://sosueme.ie/the-hair-and-beauty-room/my-sosubysj-nails-all-your-questions-answered/

Oh my lord, so photoshopped on:D Sure they have the same reflection on every single fingernail in the pink colour.

The thumb nail reflection. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

God they really are brutal looking! Still can't get over the price!!

Christ on a bike what is that...if your gonna do it by photoshop at least do it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Just watched sosue snaps there. She says a lot of people are asking to demo some of her sosue products on YouTube, then she suggests that they pay 75e a ticket to go to her workshop where she will spend 2hours going through her products. The cheek!

If I did get tickets to the work shop I'd be miffed if she spent two hours going through promoting her own products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

frogstar wrote: »
    Just watched sosue snaps there. She says a lot of people are asking to demo some of her sosue products on YouTube, then she suggests that they pay 75e a ticket to go to her workshop where she will spend 2hours going through her products. The cheek!

If I did get tickets to the work shop I'd be miffed if she spent two hours going through promoting her own products

They've already paid for the product, that's just gross :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement