Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Not in the least bit surprised by her tbh, or the others. They are all just after money, they don't give a crap about their followers unless they are lining their pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

It's strange she's not selling them in Penny's. Especially when her lashes are doing so well in them. Maybe they're too expensive and know they won't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭lemmno

Those of you that have bought on Ali express, have any of you had a bad experience? I'm always tempted to buy but always afraid of getting scammed by credit card fraud or something?!
    Also, anyone know which 'catalog' sosueme is using? I'd be interested in having a look at it. Might create my own 'brand' 'from scratch' (I Joke!) :L

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

lemmno wrote: »
    Those of you that have bought on Ali express, have any of you had a bad experience? I'm always tempted to buy but always afraid of getting scammed by credit card fraud or something?!
    Also, anyone know which 'catalog' sosueme is using? I'd be interested in having a look at it. Might create my own 'brand' 'from scratch' (I Joke!) :L

No problems with Ali express. I had one issues with a seller, the item was out of stock, they asked did I want it in a different colour, I said no and wanted a refund. They agreed to the refund but I never got it. I opened a dispute, screen shot our messages back and forth and aliexpress investigated it and processed the refund later that day. It was only for €4 but i'd rather have it in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Her Kerry workshop is clearly not selling well. This is the 4th time in the space of a week and a half that she has been pushing it. All very awkward . Looks like Dublin isn't sold out either.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

If you've been to one of her shows, would you go again?

I've been to one of pippas and while it was an enjoyable day out, I wouldn't go to a second of hers or anyone else. Just a walking advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I've been to one, definitely wouldn't go again.
    I'd rather drink the money than sit through that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭lemmno

Just had a look on Ali express. Looking at their earrings range is like looking at the farfetched site.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

lemmno wrote: »
    Just had a look on Ali express. Looking at their earrings range is like looking at the farfetched site.

Another who is guilty of this is the style fairy with her accessory line. She charges two and three times the price for necklaces that you could buy in your local chemist for a tenner, except hers have girls names, like the "Naomi" etc...and when I asked her about it I was blocked. I asked why she was charging €25 when I saw the same one for €9.99..I was told "I'm just a one woman business" and then I was blocked!! What do they really think of people? I'm old enough to know better but what if the 16/17/18 year olds who don't!

Off topic but the names like 'Fairy' they use are so childish and I automatically know I wont like them

• Advertisement

I've only seen a quick glance on snapchat but Holly Carpenter's Love Lift jewellery range looks quite nice. Alex abd Ani vibes off the bracelets.
    I'd be interested to see how much they are and what they're made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Had a look there and while not my style, at least the price point is reasonable, could see a lot of teens and tweens liking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The jewellery wouldn't be my style at all. But good luck to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

From a super quick look at her instagram I quite like them I see the pendant that's the same as her tattoo so I'm thinking they aren't white label aliexpress crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

From a super quick look at her instagram I quite like them I see the pendant that's the same as her tattoo so I'm thinking they aren't white label aliexpress crap?

That's exactly what I thought gossip girl! I was looking to see if I saw any of the designs at all, but it's pretty much identical to her tattoo. So I reckon she did design that one at least. Very refreshing to see non white label products!

I dont understand the name at all, Love Lift, and it's jewelry?? Am I being thick here haha?

Ray37 wrote: »
    I dont understand the name at all, Love Lift, and it's jewelry?? Am I being thick here haha?

I agree. Awful name, imo.

Yeah I just asked someone I was with and was like 'am I not getting it??', it makes no sense at all.

Yeah I just asked someone I was with and was like 'am I not getting it??', it makes no sense at all.

That's why I thought it was going to be either sports wear or underwear line. Love lift for jewellery makes zero sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I like the unicorn necklace! They all seem original and not more aliexpress crap. They are aimed at teens/early 20s, so I'm not the target audience.

I thought she came across well in her Life magazine interview today. Usually bloggers/models like to pretend that everything in their life is going utterly amazingly at any given moment. Holly was very honest in that she said she went through a rough patch with her self esteem. And the solution WASN'T the gym/a new man. I am sick of hearing that every problem can be solved by lifting a few weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Maybe the factory that makes all the white label product spelled "Love Life" wrong..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

I think they all come on a little card with an inspirational quote to give people a "lift".

Glad to see that she seems to have designed these herself I read on the website she went to NCAD so always wanted to do something like this. Again like others said I'm not the target audience definitely think they would appeal to teens etc more. I'd have preferred a range of delicate jewellery in sterling silver at a higher price point nice simple designs I don't think you'd make your fortune selling necklaces for €15 unless you were shifting a hell of a lot of them... if you have the NCAD training behind you why not try and become a respected jewellery designer. That's just my take on it anyway a lot of cheap stuff around these days we should be trying to move away from that and appreciate good quality well designed products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I suppose though it's definitely aimed at a younger market. Like €40 would be a lot to a teenager, and for that they would almost get 3 of hollys bracelets as opposed to one Alex and Ani. They're not thinking of quality, more so quantity :D

Wouldn't be my style, but I think if she is aiming for the teen market she has gotten it right in terms of price and design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Am I alone in thinking a lot of teenagers wouldnt be caught dead wearing bloggee tack? I know my cousin and her mates wouldnt touch that stuff if you paid them. Most teenagers these days have nicer clothes and makeup than I do... I feel like the people that buy into the blogger stuff are mostly hardcore fans who'd buy their used socks if they could. Just my thinking, but I really feel like it's only superfans who buy it... Like Sues eyeshadow, why not spend the extra few quid and get an amazing quality UD palette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Still waiting patiently for so sue me video..... I've tried it and actually can't get it right the colours go all muddy on me! Some nice colours but on there own.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does Charlotte Tilsbury give any reputable Irish Bloggers her products to review. Seen a pic of her new palette and it looks fab. Wouldn't mind seeing a decent review.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I know Sue and Grace have both advertised a few of her products (lipstick and liner), Sue also got huge gift sets from them before.

She was touting her workshops where she'll be demoing the products so don't hold your breath for that video, not when she can make money by forcing her fans to pay to see the demo.
    The fact Sue is claiming you need a video to use an eyeshadow palette shows how gullable and stupid she thinks her fans are (and some probably are). Its an eyeshadow palette, you shouldn't need a bloody tutorial on how to use it. Its bad quality, she dropped the ball and now is claiming that its not for MUAs as they're the ones slating it and pointing out how poor quality it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

idunno78 wrote: »
    Still waiting patiently for so sue me video..... I've tried it and actually can't get it right the colours go all muddy on me! Some nice colours but on there own.

You must be an mua it's not designed for Mua's there's a certain way to use it that she will eventually tell everyone after they part with 30 euro lol

• Advertisement

Lindy97 wrote: »
    I know Sue and Grace have both advertised a few of her products (lipstick and liner), Sue also got huge gift sets from them before.

She was touting her workshops where she'll be demoing the products so don't hold your breath for that video, not when she can make money by forcing her fans to pay to see the demo.
    The fact Sue is claiming you need a video to use an eyeshadow palette shows how gullable and stupid she thinks her fans are (and some probably are). Its an eyeshadow palette, you shouldn't need a bloody tutorial on how to use it. Its bad quality, she dropped the ball and now is claiming that its not for MUAs as they're the ones slating it and pointing out how poor quality it is.

Does she actually realise how stupid she sounds it's not for mua's it needs to be used a special way I'm mortified for her and anyone who believes that crap .. if an mua can't use it no one can

Cria wrote: »

You must be an mua it's not designed for Mua's there's a certain way to use it that she will eventually tell everyone after they part with 30 euro lol

Ha ha I wish I was!! Will try it again but like I dunno!! Thankfully I didn't spend the money on it was a present.. will see how it goes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cria wrote: »
    Does she actually realise how stupid she sounds it's not for mua's it needs to be used a special way I'm mortified for her and anyone who believes that crap .. if an mua can't use it no one can
    She actually said that?! I'm sorry but if an MUA cannot use an eyeshadow palette properly, that means that something is crap: either the MUA or the eyeshadow palette! OK I know there are some self professed MUA's out there, having learned all they know from watching youtube but there are many many more MUA's who have been properly trained.
    Bit dangerous criticising MUA's like that, also unprofessional. All she had to say was "sorry the palette didn't work for you, I take your opinion on board" - end of story, no drama llama!

She said the video was recorded and just needed editing. So that was either a lie or an attempt to squeeze another 75 euro out of the poor eejits who bought it.
    She's pushing the vanity case that holds all the crap too.

She is editing it the last almost two weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

She said the video was recorded and just needed editing. So that was either a lie or an attempt to squeeze another 75 euro out of the poor eejits who bought it.
    She's pushing the vanity case that holds all the crap too.

How do youtubers record videos and edit and post within a day, and she can’t edit a video that she supposedly filmed over a week ago?

I know. And Rosie Connolly uploaded a vlog the other day that was filmed about three months ago in London. Youtubers I watch film, edit and upload twice, sometimes three times weekly. Irish bloggers/ influencers have it so handy they've no idea. Theres a totally different approach to blogging here it's farcical.

Look at the sacconne jolys they well he uploads the footage from the day before at 6pm every day! I haven't watched in months so could have changed but when I did watch it was matching Her snaps most of the time! So if he can edit or do whatever had to be done to make 16 hours into 16 minutes I'm sure they can make half a hour into a few mins? Or just upload a chatty video! Sorry a bit of topic!

EDIT--Oops I read yours wrong spilling the tea sorry! Thought u meant it was hard edit a video in a day! Sorry!!

I actually think it's wrong to refer to certain 'bloggers' as such. I still do, but should stop lol! FGB, So Sue, Rosie, MUF and a few others have hardly had a post between them in the last while. MUF only does it after travelling. They are pretty much just influencers now. They as basically getting freebies and showing them off. Or releasing multiple white labelled bits, that's it really. The work ethic they have would never let them succeed out of Ireland I don't think, they've gone so lazy.

Look at the sacconne jolys they well he uploads the footage from the day before at 6pm every day! I haven't watched in months so could have changed but when I did watch it was matching Her snaps most of the time! So if he can edit or do whatever had to be done to make 16 hours into 16 minutes I'm sure they can make half a hour into a few mins? Or just upload a chatty video! Sorry a bit of topic!

EDIT--Oops I read yours wrong spilling the tea sorry! Thought u meant it was hard edit a video in a day! Sorry!!

Haha it’s grand! Yeah but your response is exactly right! They would have more to edit as well, being that the have to edit daily activity yet she would be just sitting in front of a camera no?

I don’t know if anyone follows Jamie Genevieve on YT, but she literally posted the day she bought the Fenty makeup like with a makeup update at the end of the day!

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I know. And Rosie Connolly uploaded a vlog the other day that was filmed about three months ago in London. Youtubers I watch film, edit and upload twice, sometimes three times weekly. Irish bloggers/ influencers have it so handy they've no idea. Theres a totally different approach to blogging here it's farcical.

Just adding to this because I felt it was a bit unfair. There are some great bloggers in Ireland who are doing their thing and doing it well.
    My post was mainly directed at the top fashion bloggers in this country who, if they were living in the U.K. or elsewhere, would be nobodies because they don't have half the work ethic it takes to film, edit and upload and be on top of yourself.
    Maybe that's why Fairy is struggling so much over there? It's a different ball game altogether in the UK.

Don't know her but she sounds like maybe worth watching if she is on the ball like that?!

Sure Joanne still hasn't posted any of these videos she was in about! For either brushes or lipsticks!

Don't know her but she sounds like maybe worth watching if she is on the ball like that?!

Sure Joanne still hasn't posted any of these videos she was in about! For either brushes or lipsticks!

I love her makeup style. She’s from Scotland. I follow her more on Instagram but I really love her videos. She goes on a lot of the US Press trips but she seems (to me anyway) that she enjoys it and is just a normal girl tbh.

I really liked when Joanne used to make makeup videos. It’s a shame she deleted her old videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

She is editing it the last almost two weeks!!!

That's how long it takes for the animation team to add in the eyeshadow in post-production so it looks like it actually goes on the eye and doesn't just fall off or blend into nothing :D
    Maybe that's why Fairy is struggling so much over there? It's a different ball game altogether in the UK.

If you Google for pictures of Fairy, she always looks deeply uncomfortable to be photographed in public. I am wondering if she allows herself to be photographed at all anymore given how much she Photoshops/"curates" her pictures these days - it would be very obvious that she doesn't actually look like that. Maybe she's reluctant to go to much if she thinks that photos will end up online... which would be terrible for her career. Or maybe she just isn't invited to much and I've been overthinking here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I love her makeup style. She’s from Scotland. I follow her more on Instagram but I really love her videos. She goes on a lot of the US Press trips but she seems (to me anyway) that she enjoys it and is just a normal girl tbh.

I really liked when Joanne used to make makeup videos. It’s a shame she deleted her old videos.

I'm a huge fan of Jamie Genevieve, I've followed her for ages. She's really funny and her tutorials are fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

If you Google for pictures of Fairy, she always looks deeply uncomfortable to be photographed in public. I am wondering if she allows herself to be photographed at all anymore given how much she Photoshops/"curates" her pictures these days - it would be very obvious that she doesn't actually look like that. Maybe she's reluctant to go to much if she thinks that photos will end up online... which would be terrible for her career. Or maybe she just isn't invited to much and I've been overthinking here.

If you google "Joanne Larby Suzanne Jackson" and click on images, a press pic from Suzannes website launch party in 2011 comes up. The difference in their appearance, for both of them, is absolutely astounding. They don't even look like the same people.

Ha ha I wish I was!! Will try it again but like I dunno!! Thankfully I didn't spend the money on it was a present.. will see how it goes!!

I just saw a girl this morning on Snapchat she reviewed it last week saying it wasn't great she's trying it again this morning as she likes the colours but it blends terrible

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    She actually said that?! I'm sorry but if an MUA cannot use an eyeshadow palette properly, that means that something is crap: either the MUA or the eyeshadow palette! OK I know there are some self professed MUA's out there, having learned all they know from watching youtube but there are many many more MUA's who have been properly trained.
    Bit dangerous criticising MUA's like that, also unprofessional. All she had to say was "sorry the palette didn't work for you, I take your opinion on board" - end of story, no drama llama!

I couldn't believe my ears listening to her several mua's reviewed it and gave it a bad review and she was trying to make an excuse for everything they said comments like oh you don't use an eye primer with my palette .. I designed it not to blend out ,, I designed it for normal people to use it's not for mua's .. I didn't want it to be too pigmented.. the actual utter ****e that she was saying to excuse why it's so bad , she even had the neck to say her palette has to be used a certain way and she would do a YouTube video to show how ,, that has to be the most ridiculous thing she's ever said abd for the record people have paid 30 euro for that palette weeks ago she has no YouTube video showing her customers how to use it and is now trying to sell
    Expensive workshop tickets where she will also do a demo of the palette ,,,
    By the end of it all that palette will have cost her loyal followers the guys of 100 euro 30 to purchase 70 to learn the special way of using it ,,, I tell you you don't need brains to make money

That's because they are only interested in making money through advertising on Snapchat,, they don't think of the follower not one bit interested in proper content all rosie does is snap her clothes snap bringing the child to school and snap her talking about how busy she is her content is gone so boring she will end up as bad as grace

• Advertisement

I actually think it's wrong to refer to certain 'bloggers' as such. I still do, but should stop lol! FGB, So Sue, Rosie, MUF and a few others have hardly had a post between them in the last while. MUF only does it after travelling. They are pretty much just influencers now. They as basically getting freebies and showing them off. Or releasing multiple white labelled bits, that's it really. The work ethic they have would never let them succeed out of Ireland I don't think, they've gone so lazy.

I would never refer to them as bloggers ,bloggers put time effort and thought into their posts ect FBG, so sue , Rosie and Muf are just people who Snapchat and advertise order white label products and sell them and grace doesn't even do that ,, at least MUF and so sue bother with the packaging like Rosie orders off ali express and resells them with a huge mark up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement