Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure Bike Parking in Dublin City Centre?

Options
  • 01-08-2017 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently changed jobs and I can no longer store my bike in work :(

I used to commute with my fancy road bike as it was safe locked up in work but I really do not want to lock it somewhere outdoors as it would for sure get stolen.

Does anybody know of a place where I could store or lock a bike in city centre near Trinity?

I do know Pearse station has bike lockers, and im thinking of that, but also its 3 euro per day (not bad i guess) and theres no guarantee a locker would be available im thinking.

I really really want to keep biking to work as it helps me stay fit and keeps me in the habit of training. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Drury Street Car Park is reasonably secure. Security present at the door and CCTV everywhere.

CmCPr6FXIAAF8Xr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Thank you! How much does it cost would you know ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Chumpski wrote: »
    Thank you! How much does it cost would you know ?

It's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Drury St is a great facility, which I used to use daily in a previous job. But a word to the wise - during a 2 / 3 year period, as will always be the case unfortunately, I did see 3 / 4 people have their bikes stolen. Usually from not having strong enough locks etc but just to note that even it's not absolutely safe.
    I used to use two heavy duty motorbike locks (which I left in there) on a decent road-bike and never had any issues, but just to be aware of it - strong locks = worth their weight in gold

D33 wrote: »
    Drury St is a great facility, which I used to use daily in a previous job. But a word to the wise - during a 2 / 3 year period, as will always be the case unfortunately, I did see 3 / 4 people have their bikes stolen. Usually from not having strong enough locks etc but just to note that even it's not absolutely safe.
    I used to use two heavy duty motorbike locks (which I left in there) on a decent road-bike and never had any issues, but just to be aware of it - strong locks = worth their weight in gold

Good idea, you left your locks on a space? Were you worried somebody else would have that space taken for the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Chumpski wrote: »
    D33 wrote: »
    Drury St is a great facility, which I used to use daily in a previous job. But a word to the wise - during a 2 / 3 year period, as will always be the case unfortunately, I did see 3 / 4 people have their bikes stolen. Usually from not having strong enough locks etc but just to note

that even it's not absolutely safe.

Good idea, you left your locks on a space? Were you worried somebody else would have that space taken for the day?
    i also leave a heavy duty lock there. If someone else has their bike there just remove your lock and go to another space. There's plenty of them.

Thanks very much for info. Looks like it will be possible to continue commuting by bike with this. \o/

Advertisement