Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan Weekend: Food/Drink Recommendations

Options
  • 01-08-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Dungarvan next weekend with a Group of friends. 11 of us, all in our 30s planning to take on the Greenway.

I'm sure we'll work up an appetite for a decent dinner and a few pints. I'm hoping some on here might be able to give recommendations for food and/or drinks.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ice30

Its a nice town was nt out there for a while now but alot of nice cafes and restaurants,always thought crews restaurant was v.good,the tannery is just around the corner frm it,theres a couple of pubs nearby also,the moorings bar also merrys which do food,and a new place directly across from merrys,all of the above are only a couple of minutes walk for each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

All those ones that I've mentioned are pretty much next for to each other, and there's something there for everyone. Crews or Tannery for really good sit down meal. Merry's and Moorings are both pubs and do good pub grub. 360 is newly opened, and I haven't been, but heard it's like the wine bar in the Tannery (which could be another option, but maybe not ideal for a big group).
    A couple of doors up from the Moorings, on the quay the Interlude is lovely, and more casual dining, and then you have an Indian and Chinese.

Whatever you choose I would definitely book ahead in the restaurants. You might be lucky with the pubs, or at least you can have a pint while you wait!

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shaz2004

how did your weekend go?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

It's actually this weekend - I jumped the gun a little :D

I'll put something up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shaz2004

i will give my two pence worth so....
    GREENWAY... mahoneys pub just after tunnel @ 12km and coach house coffee shop at kilmac @25km are 2 good pitstops, possible to hire bikes in dungarvan and they will bus you to Kilmac and cycle back to dungarvan, crazy busy at weekends so best out early finish early..

FOOD wise, plenty of choice here, best to book ahead if for saturday nite, cookhouse 360 is the newest and very good food and service, mooring , merrys, interlude all good food and good value, all are based along the quay and down the food quarter of town...
    PUBS depending on what your looking for there is a pub for most styles,,,MAISES is a new gin bar if thats your thing, then theres small local pubs like lady belle, the local, the entreprise, entertainment wise music in merrys, moorings beer garden, anchor bar is the busiest bar in town on saturday nite with DJ, and minnies bar has a late bar til 2am once you are in by 12.30 they also have niteclub called CREATIONS...

any questions be happy to answer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How stag-friendly a town is it?

Committed to going on one at the end of January. Have never been, and am only a participant so have no idea of the expected numbers, but just wondering what the whole night scene is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

We weren't a stag, but there was 12 of us - all lads, admittedly on eh wrong side of 25 30 ok, 35 - anyway we had a great time.

There's plenty of decent bars - and definitely 2 nite clubs that I remember (one could be a late bar?).

If you're looking for something to do to pass time - the Greenway is the obvious choice. Less obvious is the Dungarvan brewery tour - we randomly rang them up on the Friday and they brought us in for a tour. A tour sounds a bit grand - it's just a small warehouse in an industrial estate - but it's interesting and they'll throw you a few tasters, so definitely worth a look.

Advertisement