Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where am I going wrong?

• 01-08-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals!

I have been consistently going to the gym 4 times a week for the last 2 years. I do 2 circuit classes a week and 2 open gym sessions of my own (weighted exercises etc) and also walk probably 1 day on top of this.

When starting out I had about 4 stone to lose. The first year I lost 1.5 stone by exercising as above and following a "healthy" (!) diet. By healthy (I know healthy can mean absolutely anything these days!) but to me healthy was filling up on veg, plenty of protein and just restricting processed foods in general. I didnt stop myself from having anything in particular, if I wanted it Id have it and it would stop me binging. I did not track food, did not count calories etc and it worked really well.

Fast forward another year and although I have changed very little I am no longer losing any weight and have actually put back on 8 pounds. I figured my body had just got too used to my routine, that level of exercise and good food etc so started tracking on my fitness pal and aiming to stick to roughly 1400 calories. However, im still stuck at the same weight! And yes I know that weight is not always a good indicator but even my measurements have not budged.

From an outsiders perspective do you think my nutrition is to blame for this? Or could it be the exercise side of things? Do I need to mix things up a bit more? Obviously as my fitness has improved I have tried to increase the intensity of my workouts and weights etc but I feel like im fighting a losing battle!Any advice would be so much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

When you lost 1.5kg, your body needed fewer calories so what might have been a deficit when you started was going to be maintenance or slightly above.

What height and weight are you now? Will help determine the level of intake you should be basing everything on.

Also, and some people get defensive about this or say that they are, but are you 100% tracking everything to get an accurate picture of your caloric intake from food and drink? Are you guessing weights and basing intake off that? Etc etc.

You're on the right track and you're absolutely healthier as you can tell from the way you're able to push yourself a bit harder. It may only be a couple of tweaks to get you on track.

Advertisement