Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S/O Late ICB

Options
  • 01-08-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I currently have a loan with BOI and use my BOI current account to pay this loan. My BOI account is not my main banking account so normally every month i transfer the required amount from my main account.
    However while i was away in July i transferred money into my BOI account to use for day to day money.
    The Loan takes €170 on the 22nd of every month which in July the 22nd was a Saturday so i Expect the S/O rolled forward to Monday the 24th. I have just looked back on my account and the payment didn't come out until the 26th and was charged a late S/O fee. I don't understand why this happened as the balance on the account was above 300 on the 22nd 23rd 24th and 25th. I am not too worried about the S/O charge but more the implications of this happening will this be reported to the ICB??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

mick2311 wrote: »
    I currently have a loan with BOI and use my BOI current account to pay this loan. My BOI account is not my main banking account so normally every month i transfer the required amount from my main account.
    However while i was away in July i transferred money into my BOI account to use for day to day money.
    The Loan takes €170 on the 22nd of every month which in July the 22nd was a Saturday so i Expect the S/O rolled forward to Monday the 24th. I have just looked back on my account and the payment didn't come out until the 26th and was charged a late S/O fee. I don't understand why this happened as the balance on the account was above 300 on the 22nd 23rd 24th and 25th. I am not too worried about the S/O charge but more the implications of this happening will this be reported to the ICB??

Hi mick2311,

A missed standing order charge would usually come off your account a few days after the standing order was presented for. I would ask you to raise this query through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile, as the advisers there will be able to check on what date the standing order is due to come out each month and also why the standing order in question went unpaid.

I hope this has been some help and please let us know if we can help you with anything else.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement