Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someone you think is really sound

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'd love to go on the session with Prince Philip. That could make for an eventful evening.

From my experience John O'Shea seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'm neither a Sunderland nor a Manchester United but have seen him on Ireland trips and he comes across well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

conor222 wrote: »
    Maybe if you ignore all the sexual assault charges, cover up, ruining of the womans life, denying it etc.

Link
    Yeah yeah yeah. But apart from all that, he's a decent skin.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

6541 wrote: »
    Zumo on Fair City, sound lad.

Except when he's assaulting his girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Bradley Walsh from the Chase. I reckon he'd be a great man to have pints with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Taylor Swift.

:cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I always thought that Cameron Diaz would be good fun on a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This the second time someone has said this guy.

He went on the sauce in Killarney and damaged cars. After getting into a row in the INEC and storming off the stage, leaving the audience pretty annoyed.

Where does he get his reputation as being sound? It seems very undeserved. Only an arsehole damages parked cars.

And this is the second time you've said all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Dave Grohl, Hugh Jackman and Jason Newstead all seem like stand up guys, have heard nothing but good things when people have met them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Graham Norton .

He always comes across as a nice feller.

A few years ago students in Tralee Invited him along thinking he probably wouldn't come, low and behold he turns up in his vw golf . I heard he was a real gentleman .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Another vote for John Creedon, he just seems so down to earth. And I've only started listening back on his radio shows after seeing a post here, brilliant stuff.
    Francis Brennan too, I love him and himself and his brother seem lovely.
    Always thought Kevin Spacey comes across well and funny in any interviews I've seen him doing, funny guy and a great impressionist too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pippi Longstocking

For me it has to be Des Cahill, he always comes across as a decent fella. I'd love to go for a drink with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭floraldream

Knex. wrote: »
    Kevin Bridges

I met him in Kilkenny and he was sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

For me it has to be Des Cahill, he always comes across as a decent fella. I'd love to go for a drink with him!

God yeah, forgot him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Didi hamann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Shane Lowry and Padraig Harrington both seem really sound lads from the golfing world. Brendan Gleeson always comes across well oh and Liam Neeson i reckon would be good to have a few with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

David Attenborough.
    I'd say he'd be riveting talking about doing documentary narration from a studio for 20 years

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Barack Obama. Just seems like he's good company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

miriam o'callaghan in her role as 'Prime Time' presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Rachel Riley was dead sound when I met her.

I haven't met Elaine Crowley but she comes across as being an all round nice person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Gwyneth Paltrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Ricky Tomlinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Syphonax wrote: »
    Sean Moncrieff seems a good laugh

He does indeed. But a two hour dose of him is enough for me. I'd imagine Shaun Ryder is a bit of a c*nt but I'd probably enjoy his company. In terms of soundness,our dear president Michael D is the world champion. He's the biro amongst pens,the cock amongst the roaches. A razor sharp wit,a natural raconteur. Its like somebody took all the best parts of Jack Nickleson,Paul Weller, Bob Marley,Hunter S Thompson and Fonzy and rolled them up into one and then stuck them into the body of a small fella from the west of Ireland.
    He could sit drinking Old Cellar and smoking weed for the afternoon in his back garden with homeless people until Sabina calls him in(much to his chagrin) for his dinner then afterwards don a tuxedo and entertain the Queen for the rest of the evening. An absolute legend. Our mick is coolness personified.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Enda Kenny

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

blueser wrote: »
    Peter Crouch. Alweays comes across as a decent bloke in interviews. Loved his reply when he was once asked what would he have been if he wasn't a professional footballer; "A virgin", came the reply. Nice one Crouchie, us fugly fellas have to stick together.

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/876846713163718656?lang=en

• Advertisement

Bryan Cranston - seems like a nice normal guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Danny Koker

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

John Part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I'd say Dave Fanning is a really nice guy. He's really into his music and good at his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Jeremy Kyle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Donald Trump. He's just so humble and full of empathy. He seems like such a decent, caring, lovely man.

Natalie Portman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Niall Horan for all his success strikes me as completely down to earth and genuine

He's been a multi-millionaire since his teens, has women everywhere throwing themselves at him, can barely step outside his house but he still comes across really sincere and pleasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

Pat Hickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Pat Hickey

Lovely man

Star Trek actor Colm Meany

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Adrian Kennedy

191445470.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Bobby Kerr.

Never met the man or had any dealings with him but he comes across as a nice guy on radio and on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Shane lowry, rafa nadal, robbie keane, paul O'Connell, Peter stringer, Sam Warburton, ken doherty, aidan o'brien, a few from the sporting world

Liam Neeson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

branie2 wrote: »
    Liam Neeson

Its lucky you mentioned him.....

.....or he would find you......and he would kill you.

He's been dead for over decade, but I'd have to say Gregory Peck, as he's my favourite actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

antodeco wrote: »
    Barack Obama. Just seems like he's good company!

I would be curious about Obama too, he seems to be pretty clean cut but I think that could image management, for example he's a smoker thats rarely/never seen smoking, he must have a ruthless side as he came up through Chicago machine politics.

I'd rather meet Bill Clinton though (with no gf, female friends or relatives present!) he invested a lot of time in the North and comes across very personable.

branie2 wrote: »
    He's been dead for over decade, but I'd have to say Gregory Peck, as he's my favourite actor.

Agreed. He always came across as a gentleman.

The Rubberbandits come across as being sound AF.

Particularly Blindboy Boatclub. Just seems like an eminently sound bloke.

Theres also a guy called David Cuddy who's marginally famous on Facebook/ YouTube for his videos on life as a machine driver. Seems like a no-nonsense, funny fcuker and all-round good shkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Larry Murphy

Pope Francis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Steve Austin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Pat Hickey
    Just the Ticket alright........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Donald Trump....the way he showed up the other politicians as being absolutely useless is Inspiring.......he really showed that particular bunch of emperors as bollic naked even the female ones........

Advertisement