Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deeds

Options
  • 01-08-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, 
    I sold an apartment (which i had a Bank of Ireland mortgage on) in March 2017. I received a letter last week from Revenue querying the stamp duty that we paid on the apartment in 2012. They are looking for a certified copy of the deeds and a certified copy of the contract of sale in 2012. My Solicitor is no longer trading and so I cannot ask her to check her files. 

Is it possible to get a copy of the deeds from Bank of Ireland even though I no longer own the property?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, 
    I sold an apartment (which i had a Bank of Ireland mortgage on) in March 2017. I received a letter last week from Revenue querying the stamp duty that we paid on the apartment in 2012. They are looking for a certified copy of the deeds and a certified copy of the contract of sale in 2012. My Solicitor is no longer trading and so I cannot ask her to check her files. 

Is it possible to get a copy of the deeds from Bank of Ireland even though I no longer own the property?

Many thanks

Hi Princess007,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

The original deeds would've been sent to the solicitors involved in the sale, and we wouldn't keep a copy of the deeds once this has been done. I would ask you to contact any of the solicitors involved in the sale of the property to have a further look into this.  

Thanks again for your message,
    Darren.

Advertisement