Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Card appeal

Options
  • 01-08-2017 5:13pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Hello mods,

I would like to dispute a yellow card in which I received in Commuting & Transport today.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057769733

For everyone sake I am going to keep this appeal short and simple.

I am disputing extremely harsh and unfair moderation where I feel the Mod in question is abusing their powers so they can punish me as there is prior history between us, in this case they have jumped on an opportunity (1st since they were appointed a Mod) to interpret my post in a way in which it was clearly not intended (I was making a point that I did not want to continue a discussion with him as it would lead to cards like it did the last time we discussed this very topic (ETA for clarity; reference to prior instant was where both our posting style were similar but only one of us was reporting posts, there was absolutely no questioning of any of the mod actions that time, merely pointing out the outcome)).

I genuinely feel that this Mod would have taken a different course of action if it was another poster.

You will note that I have received zero infractions / bans etc since the last time our path crossed with this mod.

I have tried to resolve with the mod who has sent me here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi I looked into this for you. You have a dig at mod devnull in post #7:

"for some odd reason the "impartial" experts omitted this"

And another dig at mod devnull in post #9:

"This huge fact was ignored yet other petty things were pointed out"

And then you go on to discuss (previous) moderation in that same post. You're around here long enough to know not to do that. You got a yellow card (warning) for this. I can't honestly see that as being harsh. Card upheld. If you want an administrator to look into this and give a final decision, please let me know.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

In terms of your question regarding admin review, I would like to firstly bring a point to the table(clarity on our history) and secondly would appreciate if you could clarify the first point.

Can you clarify what I got the infraction for?
    ~ I am confused of what relevance me "having a dig" (not sure why it's referenced as this(*)) at Devnull has here. This contributes to my point that he abused his power. Is having a "dig" at a mod any different to having a "dig" at a normal poster? Even if it was a dig there was nothing there against the rules. In my opinion this contributed to him jumping on the chance to give me an infraction, a chance I have denied him since he has become a mod as I have avoided this sub forum.

In terms of the longer story which I had preferred not to have to waste everyone time with;

(*) I also take offence to calling it that, here are the facts, devnull references that bus Éireann take longer to complete the route but conveniently omits that Dublin coach complete the run in the quickest time (as they do not stop at the airport) yet talks about aircoach being better because it has plugs(my reference to petty). When I raise this he is immediately on the offensive that Dublin coach timetables are wrong and it's possible what they will depart late! It's at this point I state I am dropping out of the conversation as it will go down the same road as our last discussion went.

As I said previously, there is a longer story behind devnull and myself, I was hoping not to have to bring it up, it is my opinion that Devnul shows extreme bias towards a certain transport company and at any opportunity will tarnish the reputation of their competitors. I have highlighted this several times yet the trend continues, any chance to promote this company and he is all over it, any opportunity to tarnish their competitors he is in posting aggressively.

Here is a classic example of similar carry on from only last week (you will note I did not post / report anything on this thread even though I thought it was shocking / slanderous carry on as I knew devnull would sanction me), however when I see a new thread again today where bias is again shown by devnul (not disclosing that Dublin coach are non stop to Belfast, i.e. Not answering the question of a potential customer and swaying them towards aircoach even though their service takes longer and has an extra stop) I felt compelled to give honest feedback about the extra stop.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057766687/2/#post104211613

So in summary I am disputing that the mod took revenge on me and sanctioned me because of our history.

I did not question any previous mods actions (in fact at the time I agreed with the mod that we both deserved cards), I mearly pointed out that our last discussion resulted in me getting cards because of him reporting my posts even though we were both guilty of going overboard(however I did not report any of his posts other than his first one to try and alert mods that I felt Dublin coach were once again under attack).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Your card was upheld by a CMod.

Do you want an Admin to review the decision?

"Yes" or "No" will suffice.

tHB

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I was hoping my clarification post above(particularly my question on the relevance of my "digs") would at least get some consideration by unlkel. As outlined in post 1 I purposely kept my appeal brief, if I knew it was only one single chance of putting across my defence across then I would obviously have provided all the details in my first post.

Perhaps this rule of all or nothing needs to be included in the flow chart.

Please give me another 24hours to further think through my next steps. This whole instance has left a sour taste for me.

Thabks

Can I just also point out that the recent posts about my infraction have absolutely nothing to do with me. I have also pm'd the two mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in several weeks. Marked as resolved.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement