Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducting size required

Options
  • 01-08-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been told by KN that I need to lay a duct to take my FTTH install from the street to my house and I am looking for information on ducting size required.

The duct will be installed on a private lane with three houses so I'd like to be able to install three fibre lines plus some overhead for future proofing.
    Can you advise? Are there any other specifications or information I should know before going ahead?

I did ask the FTTH team from OpenEir but they told me to talk to my provider.

Thanks,

d31

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

d31b0y wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been told by KN that I need to lay a duct to take my FTTH install from the street to my house and I am looking for information on ducting size required.

The duct will be installed on a private lane with three houses so I'd like to be able to install three fibre lines plus some overhead for future proofing.
    Can you advise? Are there any other specifications or information I should know before going ahead?

I did ask the FTTH team from OpenEir but they told me to talk to my provider.

Thanks,

d31
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you looking to arrange the ducting for 3 different homes? You would be able to do this, however, I wouldn't recommend doing this as the people living in the other homes would need to place an order for our fibre service and we would send a technician out to determine what work is needed to be carried out. We have no way of determining from here if ducting is required to be done for the other homes.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hi Adam, 

The houses are on a private lane. There is no underground ducting or telephone poles in place at the moment at all on the private lane.
    We are hardly going to drop three separate ducts beside each other on the lane. Obviously at the entry point to each house, this will be different. I am wondering specifically about the lane.

d31

Hi Adam, 

The houses are on a private lane. There is no underground ducting or telephone poles in place at the moment at all on the private lane.
    We are hardly going to drop three separate ducts beside each other on the lane. Obviously at the entry point to each house, this will be different. I am wondering specifically about the lane.

d31
    I'm afraid I'd be unable to comment specifically on the lane. I'd recommend discussing this with the technician when he goes out to do your ducting for you. He should be able to give you all of the information you need about getting your ducting installed.

Sorry I can't give you more information here.

- Adam

The KN technician has stated that I would need to get the ducting done myself. Are you saying that they should arrange to do the ducting for me?

Thanks,

d31

The KN technician has stated that I would need to get the ducting done myself. Are you saying that they should arrange to do the ducting for me?

Thanks,

d31
    That is correct. We don't arrange for ducting to be done, you would need to arrange for this to be done yourself.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Yet, you can't advise on size of duct?
    How about another tact... Can you tell me the diameter of the fibre line you run?

Yet, you can't advise on size of duct?
    How about another tact... Can you tell me the diameter of the fibre line you run?
    When you get someone out to carry out your ducting work he should be able to advise you on this. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise you of the diameter of the fibre line.

- Adam

Advertisement