Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caretakers Agreement

• 01-08-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

When we moved home last july we signed a Caretakers agreement to allow the previous owners store some possessions on our land. The CA was for 2.5 years and to date they have not returned once to remove anything or to even maintain the site. I'm wondering if its possible to terminate the CA before the 2.5 years are up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

steps_3314 wrote: »
    When we moved home last july we signed a Caretakers agreement to allow the previous owners store some possessions on our land. The CA was for 2.5 years and to date they have not returned once to remove anything or to even maintain the site. I'm wondering if its possible to terminate the CA before the 2.5 years are up.

How have they breached the agreement?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

OP the best thing you can do is go an speak to your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

How have they breached the agreement?

I did not say they breached. I did say they are not maintaining the site but not sure if this equates to the same thing. Even if they did not breach the agreement can it be terminated early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

steps_3314 wrote: »
    I did not say they breached. I did say they are not maintaining the site but not sure if this equates to the same thing. Even if they did not breach the agreement can it be terminated early.

If there is no breach of the agreement, it is difficult to see what grounds there would be for an early termination.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

If there is no breach of the agreement, it is difficult to see what grounds there would be for an early termination.

So it sounds like there needs to be a breach to terminate early. I need to investigate what constitutes a breach then. Thanks for reply. Hoping the lack of attendance/maintenance warrants this. The site is a mess and a danger to local kids.its about 1/3 of an acre and drawing rats at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If it's your land is it not your job to maintain it? If i store something in a warehouse I don't look after the warehouse What was in the caretakers agreement regarding maintenance?

Advertisement