Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled car insurance last month, but still being charged!

Options
  • 01-08-2017 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

My car insurance was due for renewal in July. I was with BoI/RSA Insurance. I shopped around and got a much better price elsewhere. The rep at BoI Insurance told me I just needed to return the page with insurance disk that I'd already received marked "do not renew" and the policy would be cancelled. I did that well before the renewal date and yet last week the amount of €64.06 was withdrawn from my BoI account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

leck wrote: »
    My car insurance was due for renewal in July. I was with BoI/RSA Insurance. I shopped around and got a much better price elsewhere. The rep at BoI Insurance told me I just needed to return the page with insurance disk that I'd already received marked "do not renew" and the policy would be cancelled. I did that well before the renewal date and yet last week the amount of €64.06 was withdrawn from my BoI account.

Hi leck,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear you received this charge.

You can cancel this direct debit through your 365 online profile. You just need to go back to the last time this payment came out on your transaction history, beside each direct debit there is a (+) sign once you click on that you will be given an option to cancel this direct debit for any future payments.
    You can also request a refund for the direct debit that has already come out of your account by filling in the form given here and retuning it to the address given on the form. Once the form is received at the return address you should receive the refund within one working day.

You can also call our Car Insurance section directly on 0818 200 363 and any of the advisers will be able to have a look into this for you.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I had already cancelled the direct debit for future payments. I rang the Car Insurance section this morning and they said they would refund the €64.06 within 3-5 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Hi leck,

You can cancel this direct debit through your 365 online profile. You just need to go back to the last time this payment came out on your transaction history, beside each direct debit there is a (+) sign once you click on that you will be given an option to cancel this direct debit for any future payments.
    You can also request a refund for the direct debit that has already come out of your account by filling in the form given here and retuning it to the address given on the form. Once the form is received at the return address you should receive the refund within one working day.

You can also call our Car Insurance section directly on 0818 200 363 and any of the advisers will be able to have a look into this for you.

Darren.
    What is the correct general correspondence email address for getting in touch with the car insurance folks at BOI as a matter of interest? I have been using motorinsuranceservice@boi.com for the last couple of years but there's nobody replying on that address anymore (or so it seems). I am not in a position to call them unfortunately.

MojoMaker wrote: »

Hi leck,

Darren.
    What is the correct general correspondence email address for getting in touch with the car insurance folks at BOI as a matter of interest? I have been using motorinsuranceservice@boi.com for the last couple of years but there's nobody replying on that address anymore (or so it seems). I am not in a position to call them unfortunately.

Hi MojoMaker,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

You'd need to call the number given in the last message (or 00353 1 4044034 and select option 1 if you're abroad) and any of the advisers there will be able to have a look into a policy specific questions you might have. On the other hand if you have a general question we would be more than happy to help you here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I do have a general question: What is the email address for regular correspondence with the car insurance team at BOI these days. Is it still motorinsuranceservice@boi.com which has been used since 2012 but is suddenly unresponsive? I am out of the country and cannot call so I would like to email the group and sort some affairs. All of the brokers and underwriters have some form of email contact address, just want to confirm the correct one for the BOI/RSA team.

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote: »
    I do have a general question: What is the email address for regular correspondence with the car insurance team at BOI these days. Is it still motorinsuranceservice@boi.com which has been used since 2012 but is suddenly unresponsive? I am out of the country and cannot call so I would like to email the group and sort some affairs. All of the brokers and underwriters have some form of email contact address, just want to confirm the correct one for the BOI/RSA team.

Hi MojoMaker,

The Bank of Ireland car and home insurance policies are administered by  RSA and sorry we don't have any general email address for the team. If you call them on the number given above they may be able to provide you with an email address for customer queries.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement