Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a decent Hosting Service for a first time website builder

• 01-08-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,
    So I want to build a website, preferably with a ".com" domain name. I'll be setting up an affiliate website. All I know I need is the ability to easily use WordPress. I'd like to be able to host a few domain names so I can do a few projects and get better.
    I was going to go with HostGator, but they wouldn't accept the phone number I entered. What other trustworthy alternatives are out there? Has anyone else from Ireland been able to use HostGator before?
    Thanks for any answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciaran1993

Ignore this thread. I made an embarrassing mistake. A note to other expats: Your international phone number extension needs to match the country of your billing address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

First off, generally speaking discussions of hosting on boards.ie are forbidden

Secondly - there are plenty of Irish hosting providers so you don't need to go overseas to get service.

Michele

Advertisement