Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying baby items (specifically pram) from the US?

• 01-08-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a buggy from the US? And if so, is the trade off worth it?

Am aware there'll be import charges on top of postage etc but would be great to hear from anyone that's used the likes of Parcel Motel, An Post or the "Global Shipping Program" ... Any of them offer an advantage to Eire or UK prices?

Have a particular brand in mind, the ebay + global shipping program price could potentially save us 100 but wondering if it's too good to be true?

Any feedback appreciated, cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I wouldn't. A lot of people have small problems with buggies that result in them going back to the shop for a quick repair. Ours did and at least two of my friends have too. Three different brands. There are a lot of moving parts and they get heavy use so I think it's kind of inevitable that little things crop up. With a buggy from the US you could well end up quite stuck unless you've got a repair option lined up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ShadeRunner

Fair point @PhoenixParker, 1 or 2 returns would defeat the savings I guess, cheers ����

Advertisement