Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slate recommendation

Options
  • 01-08-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,just wondering has anyone bought natural slates recently.
    What did the cost?
    Where did you buy from?
    We will be building in a few months and I'm pricing around at the moment and it seems I can get natural slates for not much more than fibre cement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I can offer my opinion on the budget end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

you can get natural slates from about 2.20 ex vat for really basic low grade slates , all the way up to 6 euro ex vat for bangor blue high grade slates.
    its all about what you are doing and what look you want.

we did a job a month ago and got the rep out to show the customer the options. the ones they went for are a lovely slate , really flat and well graded. I think they were 3.30 ex vat

what part of the country are you in. I have the reps no if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tanya25

you can get natural slates from about 2.20 ex vat for really basic low grade slates , all the way up to 6 euro ex vat for bangor blue high grade slates.
    its all about what you are doing and what look you want.

we did a job a month ago and got the rep out to show the customer the options. the ones they went for are a lovely slate , really flat and well graded. I think they were 3.30 ex vat

what part of the country are you in. I have the reps no if you want it

I was in contact with two different suppliers one in the north and one in caven both said they were direct importers and can supply 20x10 at €1.10 or 24x12 for €1.80 what are your thoughts on that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I'm not an expert of slates. far from it.
    I would get some samples. check to see how warped they are, check if they are all the same thickness, check how stong they are

generally you get what you pay for with slate

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tanya25

Ya have asked for a sample to be sent out we'll see what comes back

• Advertisement
Advertisement