Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi or Lidl Coffee Pod machine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Perhaps try the request forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭gipi

Aldi had them for sale at the end of June. I bought one, and returned it last weekend. The coffee from it was vile compared to my 10 yr old Krups Nespresso machine. The water didn't heat enough, and the pressure was too low to get a decent cup of coffee from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I bought one and used it about 10 times (spaced out over a year) before it stopped working. Better off investing in a better model with a guarantee!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

rawn wrote: »
    I bought one and used it about 10 times (spaced out over a year) before it stopped working. Better off investing in a better model with a guarantee!

Dont Aldi / Lidl have a very relaxed return policy? Why dont you bring it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

GBX wrote:
    Dont Aldi / Lidl have a very relaxed return policy? Why dont you bring it back?

I didn't bother tbh, I had had it for about a year and had no receipt. I didn't give it much thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

Harvey Norman have a Krups Inissia Nespresso machine on special for €68 at the moment. You'd be much better off with that than one the Lidl or Aldi machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

breeno wrote: »
    Harvey Norman have a Krups Inissia Nespresso machine on special for €68 at the moment. You'd be much better off with that than one the Lidl or Aldi machines.

Plus you normally get money off codes for coffee with the Nespresso machines

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

They have them in Aldi ennistaymen for 49.99 with 3years warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

We bought one for the office and have a Dolce Gusto at home, there's no comparison, the DG is far superior and just about the same price depending on which one you get - ours was €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I bought a bean to cup machine in aldi last year. the model was about 3 years old but it works perfectly. think it was €99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Great, thanks for the info and advice. From the looks of it I'm best off spend the extra few quid and go for the Dolce Gusto machine in DID Electrical.

Cannot seem to find anywhere that's selling them for €49.99

Looks like the cheapest is €69.99 in DID Electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

They had them is Dunnes last week for 39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

dobbs2210 wrote:
    Cannot seem to find anywhere that's selling them for €49.99

Got ours in Curry's last Xmas (it replaced an older DG that had passed on thanks to me cracking the jug 😢)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Nespresso are doing a summer special

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/2017-summer-promotion

Not bad value

Advertisement