Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Near Misses Thread Volume 2 (So close you can feel it)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hope you get well soon and that driver gets what they deserve.
    Post edited by CramCycle on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

barrier86 wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Once the investigation has been complete and finalised I’ll give the details of the outcome on here.

To echo a previous poster; sounds like the driver is being a pr1ck here - I'd advise to lawyer up and let them worry about all the legals etc. - you'll have enough on your plate getting back to full health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

barrier86 wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Once the investigation has been complete and finalised I’ll give the details of the outcome on here.

Keep a diary/record on mobile phone of all the things you cannot do as well as analgesia and all the extra costs eg taxis to physio /fracture clinics- keep all receipts.

It will make things a lot easier when you submit for medical assessment/costs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just saw this on twitter (supposedly yesterday despite the date in the tweet)...
    https://twitter.com/hevehan/status/1306162418800889856

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

could have been a miscreant fleeing the rozzers.
    i once saw a fairly full on crash which happened during a car chase. was very lucky that there was no-one injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Just saw this on twitter (supposedly yesterday despite the date in the tweet)...
    https://twitter.com/hevehan/status/1306162418800889856

That cycle lane is madness. I was nearly knocked off years ago on the equally bad other side of the road, by someone driving exactly like that.

I take the lane there now, or deviate through the park (it’s not my commute; I tend to meander out that way on a weekend). Not sure that a**hole would even have seen someone taking the lane at the speed he was going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've a fair bit of tolerance for close passes. Having spent many years commuting across Dublin City from Terenure to Swords, and even more years cycling up and down the N81 with all the HGVs that road has to offer, I've experienced many close passes from all types of vehicles. Some have been scary, most have been annoying. Maybe I'm too tolerant but I've never felt the need to report any incident via Traffic Watch.

Until yesterday.

I was travelling south on East Wall Road towards the Tom Clarke (East Link) Bridge. Yes, there's a cycle track but the surface is crap and strewn with glass, flint, stones, etc so I stuck to the road as I've done many times before.

An articulated truck drawing a container on a flatbed trailer, passed me with less than 20cm to spare. I'm not easily frightened but this really scared the crap out of me. I froze, stopped pedaling, held a straight line, uttered "fcuking hell" in a worried tone and waited for it to clear my elbow which, thankfully, it did without incident. The truck stopped at the roundabout 50m later. WTF?

I contemplated following the truck to the toll plaza and confronting the driver but decided to leave it. However, unlike most other close passes this one really bothered me so I left it to sleep on it. I woke up this morning and it was still bothering me so I called Traffic Watch for the first time. I got a call back this evening and the Garda seemed sound. He'll get back to me next week.

I live just around the corner. Lots of people cycle and stroll along that road. We bring our children down there in the cargo bike regularly.

Aegir wrote: »
    It’s supposedly a QBC. Why it hasn’t got some form of CCTV monitoring is daft.

I’d hate to see the quality of the bus that fits in that corridor! The bus lane, without the cycle lane bit, is about a metre wide at some points. They’ve actually altered the “Lána Bus” markings to make them fit. It’s like they’ve been skewed in Microsoft Paint or something.

Does any QBC have CCTV monitoring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

That old nugget of the roundabout at the Castleknock end of Chesterfield Avenue again this morning, coming from Farmleigh direction and taking the 3rd exit onto Chesterfield Avenue. 06:30 in the morning with little traffic but a sleepy woman in a <snip> grey BMW decides to ignore the strong front light (was flashed earlier by an oncoming driver that took umbrage with it) and continue into the roundabout without yielding. I let a roar and she braked hard stopping the car halfway through and I continue on noting the reg. No wave of an apology or any acknowledgment, just totally transfixed on the car in front and never looked.

Still the most dangerous section of my commute which includes the full length of the quays and this supposed to be a recreational park. The hard should in the park as the cycle lane is a great improvement but they need to replace the unsightly cones with a permanent solution. Going through the park yesterday evening and a car clipped one of the cones in the cycle lanes sending it a good 0.5m inwards, if a cyclists was inline they’d have been felled.

Same roundabout again this morning, 04 Donegal modified car (reg, exhaust etc) enters the roundabout without yielding but finally stops with the front end well onto the roundabout. I continue without taking much more notice until 20 mins later see the same car to my left sitting at O’Connell bridge (left turn only) trying to gun it straight onto Eden Quay. Straight they go followed by breaking a red light at Butt Bridge before being caught at the next red light just after Custom House. I note also the NCTS site shows their NCT was due back in Apr and from experience with my own car site has all Covid extensions included but at least they have a test scheduled. Could I be bothered reporting to TrafficWatch tough (maybe if they had an online facility) but where’s all the extra police presence on the streets of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hesker

TheChizler wrote: »
    Got practically forced off the road by an oncoming Landcruiser on the way home from work this afternoon, they were swerving around the "pedestrian area, no cars" sign blocking their lane and decided they were more entitled to the side of the road I was on than I was. Didn't realise they weren't turning right until the last second and I kind of just automatically moved of the way but I got progresively more annoyed until I got home. It's widely known that the marina in Cork is closed to traffic and they thought nothing of forcing a more vulnerable road user out of the way so they wouldn't have to slow down.

Should I ring Traffic Watch?

I had a scary encounter at that very spot a couple of years ago. Travelling in same direction as you and a 4x4 waiting to turn right across me at the junction. Only she didn’t wait and started creeping across as I approached until I had to swerve left to avoid being hit. Bloody scary.

Up to you if you want to report. Definite impatience there from the driver.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I keep trying to explain to driver I know that often this cycling infrastructure will help them too by getting us out of their way

You’re up against it with some people. I had a “discussion” with my mother at the weekend, in the course of which she insisted that all the new cycles lanes she has to pay for are too wide and too narrow, and there’s too many of them taking up road space, and they need to put more in because cyclists, including kids, are having to go down the middle of the road when there’s none there.

Now I think of it, half of that was positive. I ended up being wrong anyway, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I rewatched and my blood is boiling. Just off the phone with the extremely helpful traffic watch. Call logged there, but she suggested I go straight to the station given contact was made, and this was more likely a hit and run rather than a dangerous overtake. One way or another I should have contact from Gardai soon.

I'd like to show the video, but for now I'll sit on it before posting it online.

Just a small update on this. I have had one call from a Garda, it was only 2 days after the incident, so no complaints on timing. I explained again what happened in this incident and was then asked what would I like the Gardai to do. This was a bit unexpected honestly, and I responded as such. The Gard suggested maybe having a chat with the driver, to which I pushed back and reiterated that there was contact made in this pass, and that there was a 'Dangerous Pass of Cyclists' penalty point offence. I did mention that given there was contact I wondered if this more than a dangerous pass, to which I had no real response.

Not much else was said, just a question of whether I was willing to give a statement to which I said I was, and I would be willing to do whatever was required. I did pass on the video footage via email, and I have since been asked if I could transfer it to a USB stick, all through email.

So in short, they have seen the footage and have asked if I can provide a physical copy. A fast start, but I feel things are starting to drag now. I wonder how long this will take.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what i suspect it is - spitballing here - is that there's a cohort of gardai, who when there's a prang between cars are likely to expect the motorists to just go to the insurance company if necessary, why involve the gardai?
    but they don't see an issue with that 'no harm no foul' approach when it comes to cyclists.

You’ll get Gardai that are very proactive and take you seriously but more likely they treat you as if you’re wasting their time.

One told me that the standard of driving in Ireland was awful and then with a straight face that I’d have to be knocked of the bike for him to do anything.

I flat out asked him was I just wasting his time reporting such incidents and he said I should continue to do so. Something has to change regarding roads policing in Ireland.

Just curious - did you sent them a low-res version by email or a link to an uploaded version? I've had different responses like 'oh, you can't put it anywhere on d'Internet, even with a private link'. Their email limit seems to be 10mb, which doesn't give much scope for video.

Sent a link to an unlisted youtube video. Which they watched on their phone from the looks of the youtube stats. As you say, there was no other way to send it, as email limits are tiny, and linking to a file sharing site wouldn't be ideal.

There was no push back on receiving the youtube link, just a request for the file on a USB after. Fingers crossed it doesn't cause any issues.

Thanks, I've done that myself in the past too. More recently, I've got the 'oh no, it couldn't be up on the Internet in any form' before going to Court.
    . They really need a simple way of submitting video, hopefully one not owned by a commercial vendor such as Nextbase as done by some UK police forces.
    I submitted this one I previously posted about via email at the Garda's request.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113259042&postcount=1314
    The Garda was great and the driver has apparently been done on a charge that will have a longer impact on their record.

In saying that, I've submitted statements along with hard copy video evidence and the response from AGS has been complete silence. I think it really depends on who you get behind the counter in the station. Some gardai will keep you in the loop whereas others simply don't care. I've a garda in Lucan who has called me up two or three times regarding an incident to give me updates (the delays aren't his fault).

Given the technology should be really cheap to impliment, it should be easy to roll out. However, in this country you'll still have to make the formal statement because evidence on video isn't "stand-alone" evidence. It is merely a backup to your written statement, so even with a tech solution, you still have to go to the station and watch the garda write out the stupid description of how you got scared by the drivers actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I submitted this one I previously posted about via email at the Garda's request.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113259042&postcount=1314
    The Garda was great and the driver has apparently been done on a charge that will have a longer impact on their record.

In saying that, I've submitted statements along with hard copy video evidence and the response from AGS has been complete silence. I think it really depends on who you get behind the counter in the station. Some gardai will keep you in the loop whereas others simply don't care. I've a garda in Lucan who has called me up two or three times regarding an incident to give me updates (the delays aren't his fault).

Given the technology should be really cheap to impliment, it should be easy to roll out. However, in this country you'll still have to make the formal statement because evidence on video isn't "stand-alone" evidence. It is merely a backup to your written statement, so even with a tech solution, you still have to go to the station and watch the garda write out the stupid description of how you got scared by the drivers actions.

Was the passenger charged with anything?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Was the passenger charged with anything?
    Not to my knowledge. My understanding is that it could possibly be construed that they were simply re-closing the door if you follow me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Not to my knowledge. My understanding is that it could possibly be construed that they were simply re-closing the door if you follow me.

My ar$e :eek::pac: - the door was closed when they left the lights.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    My ar$e :eek::pac: - the door was closed when they left the lights.
    Yeah, maybe but the garda felt it would be a definite to pursue the driver on a different charge, one which I was happy with.
    (I won't say what in case it prejudices anything)

I really can't believe this level of stupid...
    https://twitter.com/thedogh06218757/status/1310303661613109256

i would operate on the assumption that that person is a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"She didn't indicate, how was I supposed to know she wasn't planning on cycling straight into the bollard?"

sure wasn't it buffalo from this parish who was cut up by a motorist (both of them going straight through a junction) because the motorist 'didn't know' buffalo's intention because he didn't indicate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Same. But I don't think he is talking about changing lanes just bikes moving within the lane they currently occupy. I still recommend cyclists look back but there is no reason to indicate
    I sometimes indicate around some in-lane obstacles depending on the traffic behind me. Not a full lámh amach indicate signal, more like a point to where I'm moving to in the lane.

After a few group rides I've done the hole/shore circular signal out of habit for cars too, I'm sure they were delighted/confused :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I'm happy to hear of people actually pressing ahead with charges against these idiots that recklessly endanger other peoples lives so freely.

Too often I think people are getting fobbed off with the "had a word with the driver and he apologized" stuff from gardai and while it may give a warm fluffy feeling I don't think it has much of an effect at all in the grander scheme of things.

A cultural shift is needed and only thing I think that will bring it about is when these idiots start hearing more and more from their friends in work or their mates down the pub how they got slapped with a fine and a couple of points after going to close to a cyclist.

Apparently a woman was taken to hospital this morning after colliding with a left turning bus...

https://twitter.com/clicky_here/status/1310839101285896192

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Think it was some time yesterday when that happened.

Steoller wrote: »
    Just to show you can't win, I have gotten abuse for indicating. Guy sitting on the side road thought I was pointing at him as I turned, and came after me to have a word.

I've also had this. Indicating out due to a pedestrian on the road, queue someone leaning on their horn behind me (they were well behind when I moved). I was flipped off by the elderly lady in the passenger seat as they eventually passed. Met them shortly after at Howth summit and confronted the driver. Apparently I'm only allowed to indicate when turning off the road. I did manage to convince him that this was absurd and we left on good terms. But that's what you deal with out there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just to show you can't win, I have gotten abuse for indicating. Guy sitting on the side road thought I was pointing at him as I turned, and came after me to have a word.
    Some people don't like hand signals even if they're not directed at them.

One time a cyclist ahead of me on a group ride gave the "keep in" signal as there was a car coming. The driver mistook that as a "slow down" signal for her. The sneer on her face could've cracked her windscreen, these bloody cyclists telling her what to do on a Saturday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

sure wasn't it buffalo from this parish who was cut up by a motorist (both of them going straight through a junction) because the motorist 'didn't know' buffalo's intention because he didn't indicate?

Turns out it wasn't me... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107612435&postcount=5217
    10 years of cycling then 2 in the space of a month in more or less the same place but at least this one was at a slow speed. Cycling up the slip road at junction 4 N4 westbound, in the cycle lane. Just going past the left turn filter lane to stop at the lights when a car came up outside me. Just as it got level the indicator came on and they decided to turn left, on top of me. The left turn filter was already full of cars so this driver had to stop, straddling the cycle lane (and nearly straddling me too - had I not spotted what they were at and swerved).

So anyway I counted to 10 and went up to the drivers window and asked politely and calmly (unusual for me but I was in shock and assumed something strange must have happened to the driver that they decided to (try to) drive into me, like me turning invisible or something. Anyway a bizarre conversation ensued

Me - "Hi, did you not see me there?"
    Driver - "Yes I did"
    Me - "huh? You saw me but decided to try to drive over me?"
    Driver - "You didn't indicate so I didn't know which way you were going"
    Me - "What??? I didn't indicate because I was travelling straight along the road and not turning off"
    Driver - "But you didn't indicate that so I didn't know where you were going"
    Me - "So you decided to drive on top of me then"
    Driver - "But you didn't indicate so I..."
    Me - "Let me get this straight, you didn't see me indicate so you decided to just drive into me?"
    Driver - "But I didn't know where you were going"
    Me - "Right. If you were driving straight through the lights ahead rather than turning here would you have indicated in some way?
    Driver - "No..."
    Me - "So why would you expect me to do something different?
    Driver - "But you didn't indicate so I didn't know which way you were going..."
    Me - "Jesús, you really need to cop yourself on"

I probably should have taken their reg number and reported them, but, to be honest I was (and still am) in complete shock at the attitude.

were you commuting on the N4 at some point? maybe that's why i thought it was you.

were you commuting on the N4 at some point? maybe that's why i thought it was you.

I tried it a couple of times when I moved out that direction, but I much preferred the Strawberry Beds despite the ramps.

Don't worry about it, though you have revealed that you think about me all the time. I'm touched, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

There's a Twitter post making the rounds of a car's dash cam about a cyclist faking a hit by a car. Looks ridiculous/bad. The Twitter handle where the video clip is @electionlit

It's pretty ridiculous. The taxi was going the wrong way up a one way street, so I presume the lad on the bike was trying to capitalise on that. Pair of eejits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ferris wrote: »
    What is it about Fridays?:confused:

This morning on the Feltrim Road:

The truck was too close for comfort.

You should set the date on your camera correctly in case you ever need it for legal reasons.

She was driving without her seatbelt either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

She was driving without her seatbelt either :(

And no NCT since 16-Jan-2020, that was prior to any Covid extension. Did you get a look at the tax/insurance disk, generally not a bad idea (difficult from that angle) to look since Guards can't be bothered with close passes and dangerous driving perhaps they'll take more heed where there's a number of infringements such as driving without seatbeat, NCT etc

I'm guessing she had parked up and run into Supervalu for a coffee. It must be awful to not be able to park on the cycle lane any more. So she was probably just taking off, and decided to save a few seconds by picking up her coffee cup as she drove into the junction, and then doing her seat belt.
    Aah well that's ok then ;)

I hate that roundabout and choose not to use that route towards Celbridge from Leixlip.
    Drivers coming from the Leixlip R449 don't know what lane to be in. Most of the traffic travelling further on the R449 use the left lane (whereas they should be on the right). Top it off with impatient drivers travelling well above the speed limit.

You're ok though and that's the important thing (despite the bad mood).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

CramCycle wrote: »
    A bizarre thing as I drove today (collecting and dropping off my in laws car for a service/repair). A few bikes on the Stepaside road and the Kilgobbin Road, and most people were waiting back for a safe overtake. We all got stuck at lights later down the road so it really made no difference. Anyway, on the Kilgobbin Road and we are behind a cyclist with a kids trailer. This road is windy and not wide enough for an overtake, so for the most part people hang back, although not well enough but better than what I have seen, Anyway, we get to a right turn just after the windy bit, I am two cars back from the cyclist. The BMW in front of me contemplates an overtake but then cops the cyclist is indicating right. Slows, undertakes and then pulls in front at the lights 2 seconds later, which were red. The traffic is heavy enough that when the BMW eventually gets around the corner, the cyclist is finally able to go around, overtake and never be seen again. It was just a bizarre pointless manoeuvre.

Driver's ability to read the road ahead in any shape or fashion is gone to absolute cr*p....

Had a pretty serious close call today. Brought the Urban Arrow into town for its first service and collected it this afternoon. I was coming out along Strawberry Beds and there was a grey SUV coming towards me. Car behind me approaching at speed gunned it and squeeze into the rapidly disappearing space and immediately followed by a red car who skidded to avoid the SUV. Both SUV and I came to an immediate stop along side each other speechless.

So I’ll need a camera on the UA too...

Hi 5suspect, I was the driver of the grey SUV. It was nice to meet you, though not in that circumstance :eek: I was very happy to be able to have our brief chat afterwards, as I was sure he had pulled in on top of you to avoid me.

I was hoping that you caught it on camera, as I would have been more than happy to be a witness if you decided to contact the Guards. Though I’m also glad that my “sh!tting my pants” face was not captured on camera for all eternity!

That was the closest I’ve come to a head on collision. I thought the first car was cutting it close, but the second car took the p!ss. He just blindly followed the first car. If the first car braked at all passing you, the second car would have taken us all out. Absolutely ridiculous driving.

Lovely bike by the way!

Hey, didn’t expect to ever hear from you again! Hope you’re okay, you dropped anchor pretty hard. I was tempted to bring my GoPro today but it’s a bit of a pain getting the mount off my own bike. Perhaps I need a helmet cam.

It was an absolutely insane excuse for driving, one of the worst I’ve experienced. It crossed my mind that they were racing.

I’d highly recommend the Urban Arrow, great for the school run or the weekly shop.

Take a Riese & Müller for a spin too. Handles like a racer and costs more than a car.

Same here about the close passes. By the looks of things if I am ever involved in another crash it will be an overtaking car colliding with another while going around me
    I reckon that if an driver overtaking a cyclist fears a collision with an oncoming vehicle then unfortunately, the cyclist will be the one they aim for.

Had two working together this morning on the way into work. I got cut up on the M4 Celbridge roundabout. I was going from the Barnhall road in south east to the R449 Leixlip exit in the north. As I pass the first exit, car comes up on my outside and cuts across in front of me. I give the brakes a squeeze to give room, but that means the car behind him, who is also diving for the first exit can't cut up the first car's inside because I've slowed.

Horn abuse . Fingers at the window. Fingers back. Bad mood for the rest of the morning.
    Thankfully not a near miss but I went out for a spin before I started work this morning and on my way home I travelled along the R449 from Celbridge to Leixlip. I was moving at about 40km/h on the road (which has a 60km/h limit). An Applegreen artic that had come off the M4 was following behind me and proceeded to beep his horn whilst behind me. The right lane of this dual carriageway was empty and after a short while he overtook me but as I got to the Kilmacreddock roundabout (where I was going right and he was continuing straight on) I was close behind him. He stops on the roundabout and as I overtook him when I was turning right, he opens his door and, kind of hanging out, he starts berating me about not using the cycle path.
    "Professional" drivers :rolleyes:

Thankfully not a near miss but I went out for a spin before I started work this morning and on my way home I travelled along the R449 from Celbridge to Leixlip. I was moving at about 40km/h on the road (which has a 60km/h limit). An Applegreen artic that had come off the M4 was following behind me and proceeded to beep his horn whilst behind me. The right lane of this dual carriageway was empty and after a short while he overtook me but as I got to the Kilmacreddock roundabout (where I was going right and he was continuing straight on) I was close behind him. He stops on the roundabout and as I overtook him when I was turning right, he opens his door and, kind of hanging out, he starts berating me about not using the cycle path.
    "Professional" drivers :rolleyes:

I wonder was it the same lad I encountered yesterday evening. I was driving to Maynooth from Leixlip, coming from M4 direction into Intel roundabout (so heading left). Applegreen arctic comes from Leixlip village (to my right), driver indicating left as he comes onto the roundabout and then proceeds straight through. Cue braking and swearing.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Coming up to the small roundabout in South Shankill. About 15m shy I start to slow (as its a f*cking roundabout). Car behind me goes for the overtake and only pulls level as we get to it. I let a roar and thankfully they stopped but the dirty look of both disgust and confusion from the driver was spectacular. I caught up with the car in front going through the village, as expected and didn't delay the car behind at all. Some of them are just muppets.

And more often than not they won't stop/slow. Complete commitment to a manoeuvre, even when it becomes clear it will not work, is far far too common in my experience.

I was expecting a lot worse after reading the tweets. "Bawling crying"? Jesus...

That's a different tweet about another incident. You could read the tweet and compare it to the video, or note the different names of the different posters.

• Advertisement

you and i have a different definition of the word 'reckless', when we're talking about a driver who starts an overtaking manouevre they've clearly got no idea if they'll be able to complete safely.

Advertisement