Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help. No service in Majorca.

Options
  • 02-08-2017 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just arrived in Majorca and myself and my partners phones wont connect to any network. We are both on a bill plan.
    When I goto Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators > Search Networks; our phones find 4 networks : Orange SP, vodafone ES, Movistar & YOIGO.

If I select any of them, I get "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network".
    Can somebody please help us as we have no phone servce what so ever. Cant make or receive calls or texts and we have no mobile internet.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I found this as well when in France and Spain - quite ridiculous service we are getting when abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

_John C wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just arrived in Majorca and myself and my partners phones wont connect to any network. We are both on a bill plan.
    When I goto Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators >  Search Networks; our phones find 4 networks : Orange SP, vodafone ES, Movistar & YOIGO.

If I select any of them, I get "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network".
    Can somebody please help us as we have no phone servce what so ever. Cant make or receive calls or texts and we have no mobile internet.

Thanks
    Hi there, sorry to hear this. Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

Got it sorted through support chat on the eir site. Solved in no time. Thanks lads. Turned out that roaming was not enabled on my account.

Got it sorted through support chat on the eir site. Solved in no time. Thanks lads. Turned out that roaming was not enabled on my account.

Glad to hear you got it sorted :) 

eir: Adam wrote: »

One more thing. After the roaming was enabled, I manually selected the operator that was on the top of the list which was Orange SP. Its working fine but does it really matter which spanish provider i choose to connect with ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

eir: Adam wrote: »

One more thing. After the roaming was enabled, I manually selected the operator that was on the top of the list which was Orange SP. Its working fine but does it really matter which spanish provider i choose to connect with ?

Thanks
    No it doesn't matter what network you connect so you can choose any of these :) 

- Adam

Ok. Thanks. 

Ok. Thanks. 
    No problem at all.

- Adam

Advertisement