Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The good folk of Dublin 15

Options
  • 02-08-2017 12:18pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This happened a few weeks ago now but it shows that there are still good people around with a neighbourly and kind/helpful attitude :)

My dad's motorbike was stolen from outside the house a few weeks ago, it was locked and covered in the front garden (as normal) in their house which faces on to the Hartstown Park. The car parked in the driveway means that even if the lock is broken, there is no space to wheel the bike out - that was the theory, however someone (a group of someones) managed to break the lock and lift it out over the garden wall.

My younger sister shared it on Facebook the next day, photo of a similar bike with the reg. I shared her post. A few friends in the D15 area also shared it. One of them called me a while later and gave me a phone number to call saying this guy knew where the bike was! Weird but I called him and he gave directions to where his teenage son had seen it in the Hartstown Park earlier that morning! We sped off in the car to go take a look in case it had been hidden to be collected at a later stage. This guy called me back as we arrived in the park to say he was going down to look for it for us so we met him in the park and between us found the bike. My dad was thrilled with himself. I won't go into the details of himself, OH and the Garda trying to haul it out of the mud in the lashing rain - it was messy :pac:
    Bearing in mind this guy went out of his way to tell my friend he knew where it was, give out his number, come looking for the bike and all in the absolute lashings of rain, what a sound bloke.

So Dublin 15ers, have you come across any other good deeds, good folk, good neighbours worth a mention in D15 recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gio2

Good to hear there are still decent people living in D15. By the way the exact same thing happened to my husbands motorbike about 6 months ago. It was locked up right in front of the door with the car parked in front of it. Didn't even realise it was gone until the guards rang around midnight to say some little feckers were joyriding on it around corduff. When they saw the cop car they dropped it and legged it.

Advertisement