Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imagine LTE Skerries?

• 02-08-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I am currently contemplating pulling a trigger on Imagine LTE package.
    Currently have Sky but sub 1MB upload is absolutely killing me and this is a main reason for the upgrade.

Would anyone have experience with Imagine LTE and could share information on their upload/download speeds?

I am in a small estate and the DSL speed I am getting here is 15MB down with upload rarely reaching 1MB. If anyone has other ideas of how to survive until SIRO is here, please feel free to share ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd be very surprised that anyone in SKS would be ADSL only. They've got plenty of cabs and the exchange is fully loaded for EVDSL. Is your estate actually in Skerries?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

ED E wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised that anyone in SKS would be ADSL only. They've got plenty of cabs and the exchange is fully loaded for EVDSL. Is your estate actually in Skerries?

Hi ED E, yes I am quite central off Church St (if you are familiar with the area) the thing is that there are only a couple of houses on the street so it is not a proper estate. I rang Eir and Sky to do some research and they both informed me that I will be getting up to 17MB if I do sign the contract so I assume they know certain limitations are in place...

You can probably see the windmills from your house, thats where the exchange is.

At worst you're 1.1KM of a cable so well within the 1.7km range of the exchange.

Put your details in here http://fibrerollout.ie/

You can probably see the windmills from your house, thats where the exchange is.

At worst you're 1.1KM of a cable so well within the 1.7km range of the exchange.

Put your details in here http://fibrerollout.ie/

Yes, indeed I am very close to the windmills. Checked the map and I am in the green area.
    "Broadband with speeds of up to 18Mb/s is available at your address."

That's pretty much what I am getting in the download department (well 15MB or so) but it is the upload that Today sits at 0.6-0.7MB according to speedtest.net

Do you think there is any chance of improving the situation with the existing supplier?

You're on 15_1 at the minute (ADSL), if you upgrade to "fibre" you'll get at least 18_3 (VDSL) which will triple your upload for a start.

The unlimited fixed line would be more appealing to me than the limited and constantly slowing down LTE product.

• Advertisement

You're on 15_1 at the minute (ADSL), if you upgrade to "fibre" you'll get at least 18_3 (VDSL) which will triple your upload for a start.

The unlimited fixed line would be more appealing to me than the limited and constantly slowing down LTE product.

That is great thinking, I haven't considered their fiber as they told me on multiple occasions that it is of lower quality (in current state) than the adsl product. Seemed a bit off but I don't know the situation on their end so went with what they told me on the phone.

Anyways, rang the support they found line noise issue, lowered me to 10mb, upload remained the same and following a reboot sky box is offline so off to call Sky again I go...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Hey there, just wondering if you have had any improvement in upload speeds? I live in main town and was told that we are connected direct to the exchange, so speeds are lower. It’s impossible to work with a crap upload speed

Advertisement