Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packing for Toronto

Options
  • 02-08-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I got my IEC letter last week and leaving on the 24th. Nervous but very excited.
    One of my issues is I am a bit of a clothes hoarder and trying to figure out what to pack.
    Ive been reading a bit about how vastly different is temperature wise there and how most of the clothes we have back home are almost redundant. How true is this?
    My idea is just to bring a few shirts, few pairs of trousers, some tshirts, shorts, and a few jumpers. Along with shoes socks etc... and two coats.

How cheap are clothes over there? If I do just bring the one suitcase full of clothes would that be enough?
    Did you guys find that you over packed  and just bought stuff there.

Given the time of year I am arriving I am guessing no need for the summer clothes. 

Anyway, any help or guidance as this is the last thing on my list to check off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

filmfanb wrote: »
    I got my IEC letter last week and leaving on the 24th. Nervous but very excited.
    One of my issues is I am a bit of a clothes hoarder and trying to figure out what to pack.
    Ive been reading a bit about how vastly different is temperature wise there and how most of the clothes we have back home are almost redundant. How true is this?
    My idea is just to bring a few shirts, few pairs of trousers, some tshirts, shorts, and a few jumpers. Along with shoes socks etc... and two coats.

How cheap are clothes over there? If I do just bring the one suitcase full of clothes would that be enough?
    Did you guys find that you over packed  and just bought stuff there.

Given the time of year I am arriving I am guessing no need for the summer clothes. 

Anyway, any help or guidance as this is the last thing on my list to check off.

You're arriving on the 24th? There's every need for some Summer clothes. It stays pretty mild until the end of October. Even last Winter wasn't too bad here.
    I'd leave the winter coat at home, buy one here. You'll get good deals and the quality in terms of warmth levels are far greater. It can get bitterly cold. Winter is all about the layers. Good quality thermals are a must, you'll need snow shoes but buy those over here.
    I came over with one suitcase and a backpack and all I brought was some smart clothes and some casual and a mixture between light and heavy, but mostly light. You'll be surprised at how quickly you'll start collecting more

Advertisement