Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pausing loan repayments

• 02-08-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I am currently heading into my final year of college and I am already starting to feel the pressure coming on me.
    I am hoping to go back to my part time job in September dependant on whether I can manage it with my college work.
    I currently have a loan with AIB for my car which is roughly about 5k on it.
    What I am wondering is is there a way in which I can pause the repayments for the length of my final year or just pay the interest only on it ?
    I'm not sure how the bank would look at this will it look bad on me in years to come when they see that I paused it or would they overlook it given the reason why?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The only people who could help you on this are the lenders themselves.

Advertisement