Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SNA Job Interview

• 02-08-2017 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I had an interview for the post of Speical Needs Assistant on Monday evening. In the interview the panel said they were very impressed with my previous experience and college credentials. I answered all questions to the best of my ability - I believe the interview went very well.

Now the dreaded wait has kicked in, some of my teacher friends have told me that their schools usually let them know that evening of the interview if they were successful. Seeing as it's now Wednesday evening I have the dreaded fear of maybe not doing as well as I thought? Anyone have any experience of this or know what the usual wait period is?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Usually you won't hear back until the Board of Management meet to discuss new appointments.
    I know in my school it can be very difficult to find an evening to suit all members but will more than likely be some evening this week and phonecalls made the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LmB2018

Thanks for your reply, it's really appreciated.
    I know the school was also interviewing for a new teacher immediately after my interview also. I would have no doubt they will be concentrating more so on that. Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I wouldn't agree at all that they would be concentrating more on the appointment of a new teacher moreso than a new SNA. Your job is as equal to the smooth running of a school as a that of a teacher. Anyway best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maggie007

Hi, I have an interview for an SNA position next week. It will be my first interview like that, and I've never worked in this area before. Do you have any advice or tips for me ? Especially in relation to the type of questions they ask? Do they ckheck your knowledge in regards to the different disabilities ? Do they ask questions such as what would you do in this situation .....or how would ypu react to this type of behavior? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have only a few days left and not sure how to approach preparing for this interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

As the minimum level of education is Fetac 5 for SNA,s I am surprised that your course did not cover all the aspects such as,child protection, responsibility inside and outside the classroom, confidentiality, common syndromes,relationships etc. You should expect to be questioned about these areas in some detail. Hope this helps goodluck

• Advertisement
Advertisement