Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Air Rifle Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭clawback07

slug gun wrote: »
    clawback07

I'm with you on that one! If you want high power in an air rifle, it's probably best to go for a pcp than try and squeeze the last ounce of grunt from a springer (anyone remember trying to cock & fire a Webley Patriot!)

I really enjoy shooting my 30 ft lb HW100, but for uncomplicated, simple airgunning fun I'd reach for a 12 ft lb springer in .177 or my HW30s which is doing 670 fps with 7.9gr domes (only 7-8 ft lbs). Really easy to cock, light to hold and will put pellet on pellet at 30m all day long.

I think people underestimate how good a well set-up 12 ft lb springer is in .177, until they get a chance to try one out. I'm glad you asked for your HW97 in that spec, I know how fun they are to shoot and leave me with a smile on my face! One question, why'd you get rid of the HW77, if you liked it so much?:(

Hi slug gun
    Why did I get rid of the the 77 ? Because I was a complete stook ! I bought it from Watts on Ormond quay and its' accuracy out of the box was fantastic ,shooting the heads off matches at 15 metres with a basic 4x32 Nikko sterling scope all day long .
    Took it for granted , and traded it for a scope for a .22lr .Big mistake !
    Went through various air rifles (one , a little Baikal izj 60 side lever was a cracker !) ,The BSA superten , and back to the hw 97 which is just as accurate as the 77 was .
    If I could do it all again I'd still have the 77 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭slug gun

Hi clawback07

I think we all regret selling a favorite rifle in a moment of madness! You reminded me that my first air rifle was an HW80, from Bobby down in Watts as well...happy memories as a kid of shooting 1000's of the good old original Eley Wasp pellets :) Must make more time to shoot more airguns :)

Advertisement