Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rd markings blanch center

Options
  • 02-08-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the red, blue , yellow markings on the roads and pavements in the carparks ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 username copied

glossy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the red, blue , yellow markings on the roads and pavements in the carparks ?

To help people remember what car park they have parked their cars in. The entrances to the shopping centre are also know as colours e.g. red entrance, yellow entrance ect

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

To help people remember what car park they have parked their cars in. The entrances to the shopping centre are also know as colours e.g. red entrance, yellow entrance ect

I said on the roads in the carparks and pavements!
    I'm very well aware off the red , blue, yellow canapy entrances...

I said on the roads in the carparks and pavements!
    I'm very well aware off the red , blue, yellow canapy entrances...

Ok so the yellow entrance that you are well aware off goes to a car park with yellow markings.
    The red entrance that you are well aware off goes to a car park with red markings.
    The blue entrance that you are well aware off goes to the carpark with blue markings.

Ok so the yellow entrance that you are well aware off goes to a car park with yellow markings.
    The red entrance that you are well aware off goes to a car park with red markings.
    The blue entrance that you are well aware off goes to the carpark with blue markings.

Yes I'm.. aware!
    What I'm asking if you're not reading well.., These marking are on the Road in the carparks and on the pavements ... Nothing too with the entrances in which I never asked about.

Yes I'm.. aware!
    What I'm asking if you're not reading well.., These marking are on the Road in the carparks and on the pavements ... Nothing too with the entrances in which I never asked about.

Ok I will try again.
    You drive you car into a car park and it has yellow markings on the road and pavements you are in the yellow car park beside the yellow entrance.
    You drive your car into a car park and it has red markings on the road and pavements you are in the red car park beside the red entrance.
    You drive your car into a car park with blue markings on the road and pavements you are in the blue car park beside the blue entrance.

• Advertisement

Ok I will try again.
    You drive you car into a car park and it has yellow markings on the road and pavements you are in the yellow car park beside the yellow entrance.
    You drive your car into a car park and it has red markings on the road and pavements you are in the red car park beside the red entrance.
    You drive your car into a car park with blue markings on the road and pavements you are in the blue car park beside the blue entrance.

Just give it a rest will you ..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just give it a rest will you ..

He's given you a logical and coherent answer, I'm not really sure what more you're looking for here.

Zaph wrote: »
    He's given you a logical and coherent answer, I'm not really sure what more you're looking for here.

I'll take some photos off the road marking in the carpark . They were marked down the other day .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

glossy wrote:
    I'll take some photos off the road marking in the carpark . They were marked down the other day .

I'm following this thread just to see these photos......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Will be there in the morning so will have a gander

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Will be there in the morning so will have a gander

Check there by smyths car park and pedestrian crossing .. I'll be take photo in the afternoon when I'm there.
    That's if you sus what happing ,before then January, as your on the ball with these on going things in D15.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Havent seen the markings referred to but could they be survey markings? Quite often when works are being undertaken surveyors use spray paint to mark positions of note or for future reference, could these be the markings? If they're more formal in nature this will obviously not be the case.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

So here I am live at the scene. A more helpful explanation in the original post would have been a great help but I am pleased to report I have finally got to the bottom of the mystery and unfortunately it is not very exciting.
    Someone is doing ground engineer works and tracing pipes and services under the ground. Each colour represents a different service. E.g. blue electric cables. red waste pipes , yellow telecom. The numbers relates to the depth the pipes/cables are buried.

DvB wrote: »
    Havent seen the markings referred to but could they be survey markings? Quite often when works are being undertaken surveyors use spray paint to mark positions of note or for future reference, could these be the markings? If they're more formal in nature this will obviously not be the case.
    Spot on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ok I will try again.

I better open my eyes more, I have never noticed different coloured road markings in the carparks! Then again, I mostly walk to the shopping centre so that could be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Check there by smyths car park and pedestrian crossing .. I'll be take photo in the afternoon when I'm there.
    That's if you sus what happing ,before then January, as your on the ball with these on going things in D15.. lol

I actually didn't even see them but was just around the green and yellow entrances not by the pedestrian crossings or smyths car park. They are planning building work for there I'm pretty sure though so the survey for engineering works makes sense.

Advertisement