Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for old bank statements

• 02-08-2017 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm with AIB and need to get some bank statements from the years 2007-09 to prove that I lodged certain cheques to my account back then. Will it be straightforward enough to get these statements reissued by the bank?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Whatever about being 'straightforward', it's likely that it will be an expensive exercise. Their current account charges mentions €3 per page but I'd say you will be charged extra because the statements you're looking for are 8-10 years old.

Only way to find out is to call them and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Submit a freedom of information request for €6.50. They'll send you everything on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

OU812 wrote: »
    Submit a freedom of information request for €6.50. They'll send you everything on the account.

Does this mean they will send statements from the very beginning, all for €6.50? Wow, if so! :pac:

Does this mean they will send statements from the very beginning, all for €6.50? Wow, if so! :pac:

They'll send EVERYTHING. Every piece of correspondence in and out about the account. Takes a couple of weeks but you get it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Since when does the FOI act apply to commercial organisations?

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Since when does the FOI act apply to commercial organisations?

My error, in my defence, it was late.

It's a "Subject Access Request" Source.

I've personally done this, it takes a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

So can I just call the bank and ask for a Subject Access Request, or do I have to write to them? Will they know what I am talking about?

I suppose I should just ring them and ask, but I'd like to prepared before I do that, so I'm not paying a fortune on old bank statements, when I only need a few pages from them

So can I just call the bank and ask for a Subject Access Request, or do I have to write to them? Will they know what I am talking about?

I suppose I should just ring them and ask, but I'd like to prepared before I do that, so I'm not paying a fortune on old bank statements, when I only need a few pages from them

With AIB you have to write to them. Been a couple of years since I did it. Ant remember much more than that unfortunately

Advertisement