Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey wets

Options
  • 02-08-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi first time posting in this forum
    Getting back into fly fishing I know it's a bit late in the season but bit of free time on my hands

Just wondering what type of wet flies I should be using for this time of year and on what size hook for small Liffey browns

Any advice tips appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I'd be using more nymphs than wets to be honest in rivers,

Such as pheasant tail goldhead, hares ear goldhead, prince nymph goldhead, etc go to a local tackle shop pick up a few of these and see if the fella suggests, cast upstream and keep in contact with the line that's probably the most important rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mozil

Thanks fisher what size would you recommend 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I keep a fair hook sizes but I do like my size 12's.. I would definitely use size 16 too.. just keep good hook selection about, like different sizes for deeper fast water where I'd use a size 12 for example! or different situations that you could face.

Advertisement