Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon blanchardstown

Options
  • 02-08-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Just to point out that the Wednesday all day 5euro is in fact 6euro. They have covered it in the small print.Just found out today when I went to Dunkirk. Apart from the admission charge it's not worth going to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pretty sure it's been €6 for a while. And personally I thought Dunkirk was great, but I know that opinions are mixed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Also they put an extra E1 on the big or big films, I think fast and furious was one of the latest I can remember

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Odeon has gone to ****e here since amc take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks for your comments,I haven't been able to get to the movies for a while, but the Wednesday movies are advertised as 5euro in large print,both on line and in house,and as I found out in the microprint that extra euro appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

No, OP, you're totally wrong here. It's 'Bargain Wednesday', not '5 Euro Wednesday'.

Here's the online ad:
    https://www.odeoncinemas.ie/offers-and-promotions/bargain_wednesday/40/
    There is no mention of 5 euro anywhere, it clearly says: "For individual prices, please check your cinemas "Tickets prices" tab on your cinema page."

For example, if you want to go see Dunkirk at 8.30pm next Wednesday, that will be 8 euro per ticket. But if you want to go see "Girls Trip", that will indeed be 5 euro.

• Advertisement

No, OP, you're totally wrong here. It's 'Bargain Wednesday', not '5 Euro Wednesday'.

Here's the online ad:
    https://www.odeoncinemas.ie/offers-and-promotions/bargain_wednesday/40/
    There is no mention of 5 euro anywhere, it clearly says: "For individual prices, please check your cinemas "Tickets prices" tab on your cinema page."

For example, if you want to go see Dunkirk at 8.30pm next Wednesday, that will be 8 euro per ticket. But if you want to go see "Girls Trip", that will indeed be 5 euro.

Here's the on line advert

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

horse7 wrote: »
    Here's the on line advert

It mentions on your screenshot that Dunkirk is an extra Euro.

It mentions on your screenshot that Dunkirk is an extra Euro.

Well spotted,but should be clearer,I don't mind paying but the price shouldn't require trawling through the microprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Odeon has gone to ****e here since amc take over.

Havent been in ages. Whats gone downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Havent been in ages. Whats gone downhill?

They decided not to put in the more normal floor lighting on their new big cinema - so they have to leave the ceiling lights on as otherwise you cannot see the steps now - doh!

Also - the exit signs on the emergency doors the main screen are way too bright compared to other cinemas.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Went to see Spiderman weeks ago and was told it was 6 euro. I don't mind. It's still cheap.

But the guy working there said they charge the extra euro if you're seeing a new movie. So if you want to see a movie on a Wednesday that came out the previous Friday you will be charged 6.

I know if a movie is out for two weeks it'll be 5 euro. So I'm assuming if a movie is out 12 days it will be 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

ozmo wrote: »
    They decided not to put in the more normal floor on their new big cinema - so they have to leave the ceiling lights on as otherwise you cannot see the steps now - doh!

Also - the exit signs on the emergency doors the main screen are way too bright compared to other cinemas.

I noticed that too, highly annoying and distracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its the same with their special offers the most recent movies are usually excluded. I've opted out of a lot of the promotions as a result, I can never use them.

I still use them as I get value out of limitless , but have started using charlestown as it is cleaner, newer and quieter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Used to go a bit of a Wed evening as it was good value and convenient location wise. However in general the selection of films on offer is very poor and prices eye gouging of a weekend so now I take the trip into The Lighthouse cinema and it's worth the effort.

Just a reminder for anyone who's on Three, that you can get 2 Odeon tickets for €10 valid Sunday to Thursday through the 3Plus app.

Zaph wrote: »
    Just a reminder for anyone who's on Three, that you can get 2 Odeon tickets for €10 valid Sunday to Thursday through the 3Plus app.

Only kiddies stuff on this Wednesday apart from a poor Dunkirk.

horse7 wrote: »
    Only kiddies stuff on this Wednesday apart from a poor Dunkirk.

That's hardly Odeon's fault though, it's the summer holidays so the new releases tend to be more family friendly compared to other times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I passed on this link to ceo odeon (ex boss of mine).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

amtc wrote: »
    I passed on this link to ceo odeon (ex boss of mine).

Could you ask him why the surge pricing was brought in which thoroughly complicates things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

ozmo wrote: »
    They decided not to put in the more normal floor lighting on their new big cinema - so they have to leave the ceiling lights on as otherwise you cannot see the steps now - doh!

Now that you mention it they were very bright the last time I was there.... whatever that was... damn thatll bug me now, I cant remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Kids were off school today so thought I’d take them to the cinema, priced up ODEON for 1 adult and 2 kids at 11am they were looking for €34.50. I thought that sounded a bit steep so priced up Vue in Liffey Valley and it came to €23.87. Needless to say we went to Vue, not only was it cheaper but a much nicer experience altogether. Cleaner and what appeared to be new leather seats which were very comfortable. I also noticed they have an offer for Monday’s any film €3.99

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Odeon Charlestown is also less expensive than Odeon Blanch, at least it was last time I compared prices. I haven't been to it yet but am reliably informed that it's nice and rarely too busy.

miamee wrote: »
    Odeon Charlestown is also less expensive than Odeon Blanch, at least it was last time I compared prices. I haven't been to it yet but am reliably informed that it's nice and rarely too busy.

Charlestown is a beautiful modern building, like a ghost town lots of the time. Had a sneaky peek into screen 9 the other day, looks like they'll be ready another week or so, screen looks massive, recliners look comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Whats the story on parking in charlstown?

Heard horror stories about clamping when it first opened and google didn't throw up much help

jeffk wrote: »
    Whats the story on parking in charlstown?

Heard horror stories about clamping when it first opened and google didn't throw up much help

Was free then pay now free again

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I always pick charlestown for the cinema even though its slightly further away than blanch. Its nice and clean and never too packed. Three hours free parking in the underground carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Whats with the pricing for star wars in Odeon blanch? :eek:

21.50 euro per person to see it on Thursday. Thats absolutely nuts. I think they've installed new recliner seats but even so.......43 euro for a couple to see a film is absolutely crazy. 3d and 2d seems to be the same price which is odd. Apparently they are charging just for the seats.

If you avoid the fancy seats and just go for 2d in a smaller screen its 14 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Kirby wrote: »

21.50 euro per person to see it on Thursday. Thats absolutely nuts. I think they've installed new recliner seats but even so.......43 euro for a couple to see a film is absolutely crazy. 3d and 2d seems to be the same price which is odd. Apparently they are charging just for the seats.

If you avoid the fancy seats and just go for 2d in a smaller screen its 14 euro.

Apparently there is a new IMAX screen, but I don't know whether it is true IMAX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

blanch152 wrote: »
    Kirby wrote: »

Apparently there is a new IMAX screen, but I don't know whether it is true IMAX.
    That price applies for the 2D iSense showing as well so not to do with IMAX, highway robbery IMHO.

Advertisement