Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon blanchardstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

cython wrote: »
    That price applies for the 2D iSense showing as well so not to do with IMAX, highway robbery IMHO.

I agree. Cineworld IMAX 3D for Star Wars on Thursday is 39 euro for two adults at 17.00, and it is the biggest screen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that you can get a double bill (Force Awakens/Last Jedi) starting at 9pm for the same price.

It looks like it is 13.50 if you choose the 2D version in screen 5!

I also noticed that the Wednesday discount doesn't apply to the iSense 2D - it's 13.75 vs 6.75 for 2D (in screen 4, the third biggest auditorium).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Vue in Liffeyvalley, Screen 4, The Last Jedi in 3D for 2x Adults, incl 3D Glasses and booking fee for €32.48 Screen 4 Thursday 14/12 at 10:00pm

Odeon Blanchardstown, Screen 3, The Last Jedi in 3D for 2x Adults, incl. booking fee for €31.50 Thursday 14/12 at 10:30pm. I presume 3D Glasses are extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Kirby wrote: »
    Whats with the pricing for star wars in Odeon blanch? :eek:

21.50 euro per person to see it on Thursday. Thats absolutely nuts. I think they've installed new recliner seats but even so.......43 euro for a couple to see a film is absolutely crazy. 3d and 2d seems to be the same price which is odd. Apparently they are charging just for the seats.

If you avoid the fancy seats and just go for 2d in a smaller screen its 14 euro.

They ARE charging for the seats. It's very clear when you're booking.

I don't see the issue tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

blanch152 wrote: »
    I agree. Cineworld IMAX 3D for Star Wars on Thursday is 39 euro for two adults at 17.00, and it is the biggest screen in Ireland.
    biggest screen in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Vue in Liffeyvalley, Screen 4, The Last Jedi in 3D for 2x Adults, incl 3D Glasses and booking fee for €32.48 Screen 4 Thursday 14/12 at 10:00pm

Odeon Blanchardstown, Screen 3, The Last Jedi in 3D for 2x Adults, incl. booking fee for €31.50 Thursday 14/12 at 10:30pm. I presume 3D Glasses are extra.
    why you would want to watch it in 3D is beyond me. 3D is generally awfull

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

why you would want to watch it in 3D is beyond me. 3D is generally awfull

No biggie, just comparing like with like. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

They ARE charging for the seats. It's very clear when you're booking.
    Yesterday, after paying 6 euro for The Last Jedi, I was reading the prices sign outside the Odeon. The IMAX and iSense seats/screens are a 7.50 premium! That's a huge portion of the admission price, a huge price for a seat - iSense used to be 2 euro extra. Is a seat worth 5.50?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I have unlimited card so my screen 9 Imax recliner was €6 inc new glasses. Have to say worth it for comfort but only as occasional treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I went to see The Last Jedi in screen 9 last Sunday. I was really impressed with the cinema. Im looking forward to seeing a non 3D movie there. I'd happily pay the premium just so theres no chance of some idiot kicking the back of my chair, it always seams to happen to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

judeboy101 wrote: »
    I have unlimited card so my screen 9 Imax recliner was €6 inc new glasses. Have to say worth it for comfort but only as occasional treat.

Do they have any 'normal' seats @ Screen 1 & 9 or are all seats the new fancy more expensive ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Does anyone know why Odeon Blanchardstown has only a few cinema listings lately? Very poor choice ov the Christmas Holidays and only 4 films listed for Friday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd imagine that popular films like Star Wars might be on in multiple screens at a time? 2D, 3D, 2D iSense, etc.

I saw Star Wars on Odeon Charlestown last week thanks to a recommendation on here and it was great. The screen was only half full at a 19.30 screening whereas my sister and her bf went to a 16.30 screening in Odeon Blanch on the same day and had to sit in the front row, elbow to elbow with some other cinema goers. I think we got the better deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

miamee wrote: »
    I'd imagine that popular films like Star Wars might be on in multiple screens at a time? 2D, 3D, 2D iSense, etc.

I saw Star Wars on Odeon Charlestown last week thanks to a recommendation on here and it was great. The screen was only half full at a 19.30 screening whereas my sister and her bf went to a 16.30 screening in Odeon Blanch on the same day and had to sit in the front row, elbow to elbow with some other cinema goers. I think we got the better deal :)

I checked out the screenings in Liffey Valley though and there is a huge choice of films so I know where I will be heading. I'm not really a Star Wars fan and a choice of maybe 2 films a night is pretty poor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Anybody know if there showing Creed 2 ? On there App all I'm getting is times for Creed 1.

I then went onto there website and it gives you the showtimes for Coolock,Naas and so,but no option for Blanch.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I got the Odeon Blanch weekly "What's on" email this morning. Neither film is listed for the next week (up to 29/11).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Checked on their site, using the drop down beside quick links and if you pick Blanch youll only get creed

Places showing it are

Charlestown
    Coolock
    Point Square

Be very surprised if that doesnt change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Cardboard advert thing in foya, entrance call what you will for if

Advertisement