Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirBnB Photo of Government Id

Options
  • 03-08-2017 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

HI,

Just came across this trying to book an airbnb - also on coursera, but question here is re AirBnB.

Essentially I want to understand how safe it is to send a photo of id?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

HI,

Just came across this trying to book an airbnb - also on coursera, but question here is re AirBnB.

Why wouldn't it be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

HI,

It's not. Any data stored anywhere can be accessed by people not supposed to access it. But you have to do it if.you want to deal with the company asking for it. Other option is not to deal. The downsides are unlikely to cause you any issues though in truth.
    How many real verifiable cases have you seen among your peers of their photo I'd being stolen from a company and causing then issues.
    Using an ATM is hundreds of times more likely to hurt you.

Advertisement