Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shadow transaction

Options
  • 03-08-2017 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i am currently living in vietnam, 3 days ago i went into a vietnamese bank to withdraw money. i recieved this money, yet when i checked my bank acc i had been debited twice. i rang customer service immediatly who told me the money should return to my acc within 2 working days. As it is now the 3rd working day since this has happened i am wondering what is going on. it is very urgent that i get this matter fixed as i am now left in a foreign country with no money in my Acc. my friend who also went into the bank and tried to take out a large amount had her card declined and recieved no money, yet the money had been debited from her acc when she checked her mobile banking. i am wondering if their is some action i should now take in order to get the money to return to our accounts or if it will rectify itself and if so when?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

i am currently living in vietnam, 3 days ago i went into a vietnamese bank to withdraw money. i recieved this money, yet when i checked my bank acc i had been debited twice. i rang customer service immediatly who told me the money should return to my acc within 2 working days. As it is now the 3rd working day since this has happened i am wondering what is going on. it is very urgent that i get this matter fixed as i am now left in a foreign country with no money in my Acc. my friend who also went into the bank and tried to take out a large amount had her card declined and recieved no money, yet the money had been debited from her acc when she checked her mobile banking. i am wondering if their is some action i should now take in order to get the money to return to our accounts or if it will rectify itself and if so when?

Hi claireob123,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here and I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened.

In a case where an ATM outside Ireland doesn't give out the cash the funds should automatically come back in to your account within five working days for the withdrawal being attempted. If the money doesn't come back to your account once five working days have passed, I would then ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be able to request that the ATM that was used is manually checked over for this transaction.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us and please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
    Darren.

Advertisement