Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent question

Options
  • 03-08-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi

I will be viewing a 1 bed apartment for rent. It is a large 2 bed apartment that is split into two 1 bed apartments.
    The person moving out says they are a co owner, whats the best way to check this out when I view the place and before handing over a deposit? As I obviously dont want to hand over a deposit a to a tenant that is just moving out...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Son wrote: »
    Hi

I will be viewing a 1 bed apartment for rent. It is a large 2 bed apartment that is split into two 1 bed apartments.
    The person moving out says they are a co owner, whats the best way to check this out when I view the place and before handing over a deposit? As I obviously dont want to hand over a deposit a to a tenant that is just moving out...thanks.

Good question. Have you seen the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Askthe EA wrote: »

Hi, no I have not seen it. Im just thinking ahead because with the way things are if you want the place a lot of people will take a deposit at viewing but cant do that really until I know whats what.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Son wrote: »
    Askthe EA wrote: »

Hi, no I have not seen it. Im just thinking ahead because with the way things are if you want the place a lot of people will take a deposit at viewing but cant do that really until I know whats what.

Sounds very unusual.

Advertisement